the Quin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
The Helmsley Windsor(New York City)
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1 Hotel Central Park(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
AKA Central Park(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Whitby Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
3,106 results
All reviewswayfarer restaurantcentral parkgreat locationnew yorknespresso machinecarnegie hallconcierge servicethe air conditioningroom servicecorner roomwonderful hotelcolumbus circlestreet noisetwo blocksnyc hoteltimes squarearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the Quin in early December, just a few weeks after they opened. All told, we had three rooms, two connecting rooms (suite + king, 2.5 baths altogether) and a separate king room.

The location is exceptional, as are the very new accommodations and treats for grown-ups and children. We were met with champagne each time we passed through the lobby, and our girls were greeted with Radio Flyer wagons full of toys, "Your choice!". We also appreciated the Quin's car service.

But the deal-maker is the access provided by the Attaché. We scored impossible last-minute dinner reservations as well as "reservations," which were accommodated, at restaurants that do not accept reservations. We enjoyed a personalized backstage tour at the season's most sought after show, and Susy, the Lead Attaché, communicates very quickly by text for last-minute issues.

the Quin is truly an experience in lodging and service. If it's in your budget, it's a must do in NYC.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Leigh M
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Leigh M, thank you for your impeccable review! It was our pleasure to ensure an exceptional experience for you and your family, and I am very proud to share your kind words with Susy and the Attaché team. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

On the small side but the room had everything you would need beyond the basics, ie coffee machine with capsules replenished daily, ironing board, complimentary bottled water and free wifi. The bed was comfortable, with sheets from Frette and being a new hotel, everything worked well.. well almost all. The air conditioner was really loud and you would have to turn the fan speed to Low And if you have a quiet room away from the street, then you would need the drapes down all the time as you would be looking into other buildings.
But the staff is friendly and helpful and the location is great, being near Columbus Circle, Central Park, 5th Avenue, and of course, Bergdorfs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WoonLiew

WoonLiew, thank you for your superior review! We're so glad we were able to provide every thing you need of a hotel and more, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

If there were six stars to give a hotel I would definitely give them to the Quin. The location is perfect - an easy stroll to Central Park, Times Square, Park Avenue, etc - and many fine restaurants (including their own, The Wayfarer).

Our room was beautiful and very modern with all the amenities and we always had everything we needed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that it's made it hard to sleep in my own bed now that were home! We started our days very energized, complimentary espresso (there was also coffee served in the lobby every morning) and the hotel was decorated with very eye-catching art and furnishings; it was all clean and bright and inviting.

It is the staff that I can't say enough about. The attaches, the concierges, the doormen, the cleaning staff and managers (in other words- everyone) were all courteous and professional, friendly, engaging and helpful. This was our first trip to NYC and we were made to feel very much at home. When a minor medical emergency at a museum landed me in the ER and caused us to miss our Broadway show, the management and staff were so sympathetic; they sent beautiful orchids and a huge platter of fresh fruit to our room. It brought tears to my eyes. How often does one get that sort of kindness and attention from a hotel?

Doubtlessly we will be staying there again on our next visit to the city; it made for a wonderful trip. I highly recommend staying at the Quin!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Martha R

Martha R, thank you so much for sharing this very special "6 star" review and recommendation with us. We are humbled and honored by your kind words, and we are so glad that we were able to ensure you had a memorable first visit to NYC despite that museum mishap. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family (2 kids 9 and 11) stayed at The Quin for my son's birthday in July. I have very high expectations for hotels and I spent a ton of time researching where to stay. I'm very happy we chose to pay a little more and stay here.

I really loved the idea of a "personal attaché" who would help create a great experience for you while in the city. These attachés or concierge were really fabulous. They had requested information in advance for any details about our trip or any questions and they responded promptly with some incredible suggestions for restaurants, experiences, details on attractions and museums we were interested in. I was so impressed. They had great access to reservations - my husband and I had a great night at Babbo. They were very sophisticated and had much better suggestions and offerings than a typical concierge. Every restaurant recommendation was a home run. And we were really looking for unique places to try.

The location was great - just a block off Central Park and close enough to Times Square but removed a bit from the chaos. The design and feel of the hotel was wonderful. The art was great, super cool without feeling super snobby. The staff bent over backwards to help always.

The attention to detail was wonderful - water in the room included, cookies sent up to welcome us and thank us for choosing The Quin for my son's birthday, a continental breakfast on Sunday morning, yummy candies for the kids.

Fitness Center was great. Not huge but had everything I needed.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in New York and we are very particular. While the Quin was a bit more expensive than a few others I looked at, I'm super happy we payed the premium. I thought it was totally worth it. It has the intimate feeling of a boutique hotel but with the sophistication of a Four Seasons or very established luxury brand.

The only small criticism I could offer is that the rooms are small but you are not going to find a bit room in they city. We had no noise issues whatsoever. We were on the 10th floor so perhaps that helped.

Room Tip: Our room on the 10th floor was very quiet and no noise from the A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KMurnane

KMurnane, thank you for your exceptional review. We are thrilled that you selected to stay at the Quin for your son's birthday celebration. It's an honor to read that you were so impressed by our services and facilities, and we thank you for your generous support. We hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and helped me out with all my questions, provided me with directions, maps, and useful recommendations, and helped me make the most out of my trip. They were very helpful in getting taxis for me in a very speedy manner. My plane was scheduled for an evening departure out of JFK, they were helpful in accommodating a late checkout. I simply cannot speak enough to the quality of the staff at the Quin. I believe that’s what really sets this place apart.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Florin B

Florin B, I am very proud to share your excellent review of our services with our staff. Thank you very much for your gracious words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!