“The Mighty Quin”

Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Wilmington, NC, United States
“The Mighty Quin”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We are always on the lookout for new hotels in NYC. The Quin is in a great mid-town location. The staff and management are excellent. They were most attentive to our needs. We actually met the General Manager who was most engaging and helpful. The restaurant off the lobby was very mediocre. Based on our experience, the food and service was mediocre at best; but, then again, NYC has some of the best restaurants in the world so this may be too harsh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Bill A, it was great to meet you during your recent trip, and I thank you very much for your excellent review. We all hope to welcome you back to the Quin again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Quinn Hotel in NY and could not have had a nicer experience. The hotel is physically beautiful with fresh flower all over. It is clean and well appointed. The rooms are elegant, quiet and clean. But, best of all--the entire staff is very professional and seem to want to do anything to make your stay pleasant. We would stay at the Quinn every time, however, the price sometimes gets out of our league. The Quinn is a wonderful place to stay if you are in NY.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Caryn K, thank you for your wonderful review. I am very proud to share your thoughts with the team. We would love to welcome you back to the Quin every time your travels bring you to New York as well!
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Location, we knew. Overall look, we knew. Overall quality, we knew.
Real positive surprise, the staff. Our rooms were constantly being looked after and not once were essentials such as bottled water missing. Absolute top: the concierge service. We had a last minute idea: let us go to a baseball match. Peter made it such that we could eventually get absolutely exceptional seats at a really attractive price. This made my and our son's first ever baseball game live a truly memorable experience. We enjoyed all 9 innings!
Thanks so very much, folks. We will definitely come back. NY and the game of baseball both owe you one!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly larger.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Roberto I, thank you for your excellent review! I am so proud to read that our team exceeded your expectations and am delighted to share your thoughts with Peter. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another game or two in the future!
Seville, Spain
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Quin Hotel in New York City with my wife and two sons for a week and it was a very good experience. The personnel was very efficient and professional and the location was excellent: a couple of minutes from Central Park and at walking distance from many of NYC ammenities (MOMA, Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue, Broadway Theaters...). The only points that deserve criticism are the size of our room (a bit small to be a family room with two queen sized beds) and the quietness (noise insulation was not good enough for a city like NYC)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
jrperez, thank you for your excellent review! We're delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your experience at the Quin. Please allow us to introduce you to a larger room type or suite that may better suit your family upon your next visit to New York City. It would be our pleasure to welcome you all back!
Montreal
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A hotel needs three things in order to be outstanding in my opinion.

It needs to be perfectly situated geographically. In this case W57th and 6th Ave is so centrally located, you can't really get better than this for Shopping, dining, entertainment, access to the parc, subway, Museums, etc. <CHECK>

The staff from the moment I arrived took care of my car, assured me they were well insured for damage or loss, essentially made me comfortable that nothing would happen to it, escorted me and my wife to the check in counter where I was greeted with a great smile, Concern for how tired I was after my road trip, two bottles of ice cold water, Baggage whisked up to the room, an explanation of all the rooms functionalities, and throughout the 4 days I was there, I was greeted by everyone in the hotel, and the doors were held open and closed for me automatically, courtesy umbrella for the rain, cabs hailed at a moment's notice etc. etc. <CHECK>

The hotel itself, Brand new everything, Clean rooms like an operating room. Great lobby, Fast elevators, inspiring art, TV was new and modern, funky room controls with some sort of tablet that controls everything. It was like a hotel should be. <CHECK>

Only one item I would advise people of, the valet parking was a bit steep at 55.00$ per day, although this is NYC, I expected it to be a bit higher, however it may cause sticker shock to people from less expensive parts of the world.

I was also personally thanked by the hotel manager for choosing her property in a personalized handwritten note. You can tell you are not dealing with amateur hour. The hotel manager runs a tight ship and is obviously well versed in providing a fantastic guest experience.

I will return to the Quin.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Darkdancer, thank you sincerely for your great review! I'm delighted we were able to meet your qualifications for an outstanding hotel, and I'm so glad you received my note. Please know that we are all always available to assist you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

At the last moment, due to a plumbing crisis in our apartment, we needed a hotel for the night in Manhattan. We had walked by the Quin a few weeks ago and it was highly recommended. So we booked our one night stay. Little did we know this would turn out to be a mini-vacation/romantic getaway.

We now join the ranks of folks who say the Quin is our favorite hotel in NYC. We will recommend it to all our out of town guests. The design of the rooms, the terrific staff, the amazing evolve electronic control panel for the lighting, music, window shades and climate control. It's all top of the line, first class.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Joel S, thank you for your magnificent feedback and recommendations! While we are very sorry a plumbing crisis brought you to the Quin, we're thrilled that we were able to offer you some respite during your "mini-vacation." We look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

You can't beat this location, so easy to grab a cab and a drugstore right across the street! The decor of the room was lovely. Incredible linen, bath towels were thick and plush. Though the bathroom was cozy the shower was a nice size (no tub) and the Fresh Citrone de Vigne amenities were a big bonus. Layout of my room was a little inefficient, it was a long room where the TV had to be pulled out and angled so I could view. The desk area was in a dark corner with the room having a strange u-shape. I think my room type was a deluxe room.

The restaurant was fantastic, very busy with the after 5 crowd and food was amazing.

Bellmen were very attentive and they were great with guest recognition.

One problem I had was I arranged a FedEx shipment but it never arrived to my destination. I wasn't given a tracking number and my card wasn't charged so it was clear they accepted my package, acknowledged they will send it but did nothing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Iloveboutiquehotels, thank you for your fantastic review! It's a delight to read such great feedback and see such lovely photos, particularly from a boutique hotel connoisseur like you. I am following up with the team regarding that issue and will reach out directly. We all hope to welcome you back again soon!