Midtown Convention Center Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
36 Hudson Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Hudson River Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Cachet Boutique(New York City)
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)
View Hotel
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Pod Times Square(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstimes squarefree breakfastyogurtpenn stationfew blockswould stay here againwalked everywherethe empire state buildingstreet noisemagnusonjavitsavenuehellsmidtownbroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was very run down. It was such a disappointment to see the hotel in such a state. I understand that the hotel was undergoing construction but I was a complete mess and the guests had NO idea what we had in store for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Mary M,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. I want to apologize if you encountered any issues during your stay. We are in the process of remodeling the lobby and lounge area, because it did need a bit of upgrading. Our renovations are the result of many suggestions and recommendations from our valued guests. I do however empathize with your disappointment and can reassure you that your next visit to the Best Western Convention Center, will be a completely different and most enjoyable experience. On behalf of Management, please accept our sincere apology, and we hope you can give us another chance in the near future.

Best Western Convention

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately there was quite a massive bit of construction going on when I stayed here, but I feel like the price reflected that, and the staff was very friendly. The bed was amazing! Probably the best hotel bed I've ever slept on. The room size is just like any other midtown hotel in this price range.

The only thing that stood out to me was that they required an incidental hold of $100, which is insane considering that was more than the cost of the room, and there is absolutely nothing you can bill to the room for a one night stay. For an NYC hotel with no room service, mini bar, etc, I've never seen a deposit hold of more than $50. That's just a warning to anyone who may be price sensitive about that kind of stuff. The check in clerk was very transparent about it, and I had no issues using my debit card. Some hotels make really wacky authorizations to your card if you give them a debit card. I didn't have that issue here. So just be prepared to have at least twice the cost of the room taken out of your account and you should be good.

For me, that didn't affect my experience at all and I thoroughly enjoyed the room. I very much hope to stay again once construction is finished. Once the Hudson Yards development really gets underway in this neighborhood, I could see this becoming a regular hotel for me.

• Stayed: April 2014
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

mdude04,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We truly value your opinion. We take great pride in our customer service staff, and their ability to exceed expectations on a daily basis. Our Tempur-Pedic mattresses offer the best sleep in the hotel industry, bar-none. We are thrilled you enjoy our beds, and thank you for such an amazing compliment.

I think there might have been a misunderstanding in regards to the authorization for incidentals. It is standard amongst hotels to place a hold (authorization) for incidentals upon check-in. Now that amount my vary from property to property, but I assure you, it is standard practice. What we at the Best Western Convention Center do is be completely transparent about the process, so that there is no confusion if you check your bank or credit card statement online. Again, this is merely an authorization, and in no way a charge. Upon check-out, the funds are released. We do recommend guests not use debit cards, because banks could take longer to release the funds/money back to the account holder. We understand this might cause undue hardship depending on the amount of available funds in the account. For this very reason, we suggest guests refrain from using debit cards.

I do apologize if our renovations caused any inconvenience to you. I can reassure you the next time you come in, you will be pleasantly surprised. This is a very exciting phase we are going through. Thank you for understanding and being supportive. With respect to the Hudson Yards Development, the new Subway line extension at 34th St. between 10th and 11th Ave. will be completed by midsummer, making the commute by public transportation a lot easier for our guests.

Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our room was clean and well maintained. No issues with temperature, etc. The Tempurpedic beds are super comfortable, and my friend even plans on investing in one for home after a wonderful sleep at the hotel.
We were on a higher floor and heard no noise from the street. However, being right next to the elevator was a bit noisy. There were always groups outside our room talking while they waited for the elevator, and the elevator itself is so loud, every time the door closed, our doors and windows rattled. Try to get a room a little farther down the hall if you can.
The hotel is situated at the end of a long street and there's not much around it. We couldn't even get a cab that far down when we were running late for a show one night. We ended up walking the whole way to the show, which was a good 25 minutes away.
Although the hotel felt a little far-removed from all the sights, I don't think I've ever encountered a nicer staff. They were always pleasant and helpful. The lobby was in the process of renovations (which we couldn't hear from our room) and they were always apologizing, though I think it bothered them more than us.
Overall, I'd recommend the Best Western Convention Center, as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk to the main NYC attractions and theaters. It's clean, comfortable and has a super staff. Just ask for a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator if you crave quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissElphie
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Miss Elphie,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and our fantastic Tempurdepic mattresses. We take great pride in our customer service, and strive to go above and beyond for all our guests. With respect to the Tempurdepic mattresses, I think it's pretty safe to say, we are the only hotel in New York City featuring such an amazing bed.

We appreciate your understanding with respect to our current renovations. Our main priority is to ensure that you, and all our guests have a pleasant stay. Please accept my apologies again, if the renovations, and the noise from the elevator inconvenienced you in any way.

Thank you again, for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The opinions of our guests are always welcomed. We hope you stay with us again and thank you for choosing the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay at the BW CC because the rooms aren't' uncomfortabley modern the staff is trained and helpful and accommodating and centrally located near Times Square, PATH, the Javits Covention Center, etc. I have my mail and shopping forwarded to me when I visit the US.

Room Tip: Stay away from the train side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Peter M,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your last stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We take great pride in the quality of our customer service staff and their ability to exceed expectations on a daily basis. Our proximity to Grand Central, Port Authority, Penn Station, and the Path, makes it extremely convenient for every Traveling Showman to get to and from our hotel. All transportation hubs are just a short distance away, while the Javit Center is just steps away.

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel makes a wonderful base for spending time in NYC. It is only a couple of blocks away from the subway and broadway and is relatively quiet. The staff was incredibly friendly. We showed up early in the morning on the day of checkin, expecting just to drop our bags and headout, but were pleasantly surprised to have a room already available for us! We were again able to store our bags at the end of the trip as well. The breakfast was your typical 2-3 star hotel continental breakfast, but was definitely a nice feature.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rider1129
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Rider1129,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your last stay at the Best Western Convention Center. Guest check-in is typically 3pm, but we always try to exceed expectation and have our rooms ready as early as possible. Although there are times we are not able to accommodate all early check-in request, we do our best as a courtesy, to please our loyal guests.

Our proximity to Times Square always makes us the ideal destination for all travelers and our complimentary American Breakfast buffet with scrambled eggs, homemade waffles, NYC bagels, assorted pastries, cereals, yogurts, juices, and coffee, is always a pleasant surprise to our guest. I guess other places charge extra, but not here at the Best Western Convention Center.

Again, thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.