“Good value - good service!”

Midtown Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #425 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Comfortable room, breakfast was good, although the entrance to the hotel was unappealing in some indefinable way. Staff went the extra mile; housekeeping turned my forgotten kindle in to front desk and they contacted me to retrieve it -- much appreciated!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Allison B
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Allison,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We take great pride in going the extra mile and exceeding expectations. We strive to lead the hotel industry in superior customer service.

You will be glad to hear that we have completed our lobby renovations and are almost done with the refinishing of our hotel main entrance awning and doors. I do understand that the entrance left a lot to be desire. That is why we hired one of the best brass refinishing companies in the city to make our entrance beautiful again. Next time you stay with us, you might not recognize the place.

Thank you again Allison for the kind words, we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center Hotel.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed here many times because the rooms are clean, although small; it is only a block and a wide street from the Javitts Center and can be walked easily and quickly; coffee and food are there every morning; the staff is nice and the price reasonable. There is a free computer & printer in the lobby.

This time the lobby was being remodeled- a temporary inconvenience. The staff were fewer, too busy to be friendly or helpful and there was remodeling noise and confusion. Corporate decorators did NOT choose the new wallpaper which is a dark print and all gloomy wrong for this below-street-level lobby. The paintings chosen are abstract large with mostly white background - the combo with the dark formal wallpaper jars the senses.

I'd give it 3.5 stars if that was possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn L
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay at the Best Western Convention Center. I apologize if our renovations caused any kind of inconvenience to you. Any issues during your stay should have immediately been reported to the front desk or a manager on duty. I do find it hard to believe our staff was not friendly or helpful during your stay. We take great pride in our customer service and our ability to exceed expectations. Also, I will make sure to pass along your opinion regarding the lobby artwork to the Best Western International Design team. I'm sure they would like to hear what our valued guests have to say regarding their designs and artistic ideas.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I choose this hotel more for the price than location. I wanted to stick with the Best Western brand as I had certificates. Breakfast was a plus you seldom get in NY. There was fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs etc and all good. The location is off the beaten path, a quick walk to Broadway though. Parking was next door and easy, although it was $47 for 24 hours, not $33 as I had been told when I called the BW 800 number. Not a deal breaker since most parking is really pricey. A train going by around 7am did blow it's horn and it sounded next door, even though we were on a high floor, that really was the only bothersome noise. I couldn't hear the neighbors or elevator. They are renovating and that didn't effect us, but would have been bad the next night. They shut elevator service off at 10pm and we were on the 9th floor. I'm hoping they didn't assign any guest to high floors. Of all the BW in NYC, that had the best price for the night I wanted, and I'm glad I made that choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cjyap

Cjyap,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We take great pride in our ability to offer the best rates in town to our guest. Best Western Rewards members have the added advantage of receiving additional deals and bonuses for their loyalty to the brand. Our complimentary breakfast buffet offers an array of delicious treats and beverages.

I do apologize about the miscommunication with respect to the parking lot fee. I have contacted Best Western International to make sure the quoted and posted fee is corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel was in good condition. The staff was wonderful. Reception area was under construction. A little further from the theatre district than we would have liked. For the price in comparison with other NYC hotels it was worth it. Had a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph B
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Joseph,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We take great pride in our exceptional customer service skills, and strive to go above and beyond for all our guests on a daily basis.

Regarding our renovations, we appreciate you understanding and being supportive. Our main priority is to ensure that you, and all our guests have a pleasant stay. Please accept my apologies, if the renovations inconvenienced you or your Mom in any way.

Thank you again, for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The opinions of our guests are always welcomed. We hope you stay with us again and thank you for choosing the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in two months; used Expedia for the best price. ($190 / one person) … best price for hotel value. It's under renovation … but it's quiet, rooms are small and relatively simple, amenities are simple … but very clean and functional. Location is between 10th and 11th / interesting and very quiet. Easy walk to Chelsea and Theatre District.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We take great pride in the superior quality of our customer service staff, the cleanliness of our rooms, and our abundant breakfast buffet. Our proximity to all the major NYC attractions makes us the ideal destination for visitors looking to stay close to the action. Whether you're heading to Chelsea and the High Line Park or the Theater District to catch a show, the Best Western Convention Center's location offers the most convenience to our guests to take in all the sights.

Thank you again Susan, for being such a loyal and value guest. We look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I arrived with seven friends to be met by a miserable general manager on reception to greet us. Dust everywhere due to renovations we did not know about, dirty linen stacked in the tiny dining area overnight and then pushed around the floor by a staff member to clean it! I washed sticky tables it was disgusting!
Breakfast......the only hot thing was egg, warmed in a plastic bag, mashed and put into a dish. I saw ants in the jam packet container and was horrified to find one floating in my apple drink.
The trains run all night ...hooting!
On our last evening we asked to print our boarding passes, printer still in this cramp area, the paper jammed, a staff member slumped on a dining chair did rise to help.
The bedroom was ok, small and as I said noisy at night, not enough toiletries. The chamber maid was the best thing about this hotel.
Don't go there, shame its a Best Western I have always enjoyed them in the past.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Lesley,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. All guest feedback is welcomed regardless of it's nature. I am concerned by the additional issues you arise on Trip Advisor and the lack of any other complaints on the record here at the hotel. I was at the Front Desk when you and several of your guests were compensated for being unaware that renovations were in progress at the hotel. We apologized then, and apologize again for any inconvenience our renovations may have caused you and your friends. However, you did not state any of the other issues during your stay and at check-out.

The majority of our guests are understanding and compassionate about our renovations. They realize the work at the hotel is with them in mind. The fact that you never mentioned any of the other issues while at the hotel and the malicious nature of this review only leads to deceive the reader.

Regardless, you are always welcomed back at the Best Western Convention Center. I can assure you, it will be far better than the first. We thank you for the review again and for choosing the Best Western Convention Center.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is a few blocks away from Times Square but area is bit out of the way, it is quite run down and was undergoign some refurbishment which meant the lobby was filthy which also doubled as the breakfast area so only ate once. Not many tables and no staff to clean at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Canaries389
BWCCRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Midtown Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Canaries389,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Convention Center. We value all feedback regardless of its nature. I do apologize if the renovations caused you any inconvenience.

Unfortunately, there's not much I could do about the amount of tables we have available in the breakfast area. We have 83 guest rooms in the hotel, which makes it very difficult to accommodate every single guest in the breakfast area at the same time, during high season. We serve breakfast from 7am-10am, seven days a week. Busy hours tend to be from 8-10, so we kindly ask all our guests to avoid congestion by arriving to the breakfast area as early as possible. With respect to table cleanliness, I make sure every single table is clean before our valued guests sit to enjoy their breakfast. A little patience and understand also goes a long way when waiting for a dining table.

Thank you for the insightful review and we look forward to your next stay at the Best Western Convention Center.

Guest Relation Manager