“Great Times Square location”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #272 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burlington, VT
“Great Times Square location”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The W Times Square provided a wonderful stay while on a theatre trip to NYC. The staff was very kind and accomodating. We asked for a room change and were promptly taken care of graciously.
The lobby bar, "The Living Room" was a great spot for a drink and music.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan E, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the W for your theatre trip. We are happy that you have such positive feedback and look forward to meeting your expectations if you ever decide to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (950)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the W Times Square from 3 Jan - 8 Jan and I would have to say, the entire experience was fantastic.

The room (Cool Corner) was a great size, especially compared to rooms in other hotels I have stayed at in New York. We also had a really good view of Times Square, the Hudson etc. With windows to two sides, the room was bright and airy.

We are quite fussy when it comes to cleanliness of rooms, hotels etc and our room was spotless, not just when we got there but everyday the room was made, it was cleaned to an extremely high standard.

In terms of the staff, everyone made us very welcome, from the guys on the door, the girls at check-in and even random staff we came across in the elevators, everyone was courteous, polite and took the time to say hello.

Small little touches were fab as well. One day, we woke up late and thought we had missed our room being made so we contacted housekeeping (Whatever Whenever team) to advise just before we left for the day. On our return in the evening, not only had our room been serviced but we also had a telephone message asking if our request had been dealt with to our satisfaction.

We went for breakfast to the Blue Fin restaurant on our first morning (I have been there before and was always pleased with the food and service) but weren't planning to go every day as my girlfriend fancied going to different places each day. She was so impressed from her first visit that she decided she wanted breakfast there everyday. And the food and service was excellent each and every day!

We will definitely visit again (and again!) and would gladly recommend the hotel to anyone without hesitation.

Thank you all at W Times Square for making our stay so Wonderful

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoopinM
Dan E, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Hi RoopinM,

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team works extremely hard to go above and beyond guest expectations, so it's great to hear such positive feedback about so many different departments. Come again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The W New York Times Square is right in the heart of Times Square, and when you leave the hotel you are immediately in the thick of the tourist hub of Manhattan. This is a benefit for some and a drawback for others.

Rooms at the W are a bit inventive but I found my room to be much larger than typical midtown hotels. Breakfast is at the restaurant on the ground level and it was both good and fast.

The Living Room bar is really a fun scene late at night. It is a great place to begin and end nights out.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Hi letsgofire,

It's awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! The hustle and bustle of Times Square can be a bit much at times, but that's life here in NYC. Can't wait for your next business trip to the Big Apple!

New York
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My husband and I have been going to the W Times Square for years. We now have 3 children (under the age of 9) and still go. The Living Room area is a very happening place with a trendy bar scene but because it is part of the Lobby we are able to sit there and sip our drinks with our kids present. This is a huge plus for us. The rooms are great and the staff members are so helpful and friendly. One time upon arrival our room wasnt ready so they upgraded us...another time my niece (3yrs old) was burning up in the middle of the night with fever and they ran to the store to get her Motrin and other items she needed. The place is just that incredible. The location is also one of the main reasons we go. It is in the heart of all the action!

Hey Laurarpn21,

Thanks for the rave review! It's loyal guests like you who keep our brand top notch. See you soon!

All the best
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We arrived after a round the world trip previously staying in Hong Kong & New Zealand. One of my son's had become unwell previously and could not fly so was getting the bus down from Canada to meet us. We had prebooked & paid for two Suites but on arrival my son had problems gaining access to the room and had to request for the manager who checked our details and allowed him access, we arrived later that evening.The rooms were disappointing for a 'top class' hotel on Times Square which had cost a fortune due to it being the end of December. They were clean & tidy, my son's room had a small bath & shower but ours only a shower. Furnishings were presentable not particular grand.They were no tea or coffee facilities, we were told we could have requested this on booking out!!! The hotel is ideally situated and great for watching the ball drop at New Year. The staff are friendly and housekeeping is very good. WiFi is expensive and not always efficient. Eating and drinking in the hotel is expensive and there is better places just outside.If you want to be on Time Square this is a great hotel location but the hotels I stayed in in Hong Kong & other places were more comfortable and plushly furnished.

Room Tip: There are no rooms looking onto Time Square so if you book for New Year you won't see the ball d...
Hi KarenGibson_13,

We're so glad you and your family were able to join us for the New Year! Next time you join us you simply need to ask for coffee maker or tea kettle and our Whatever Whenever team will get right on it. Hopefully we'll see your wonderful family again soon!

Adamstown, Maryland
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stay at The W for my 40th birthday (Nov. 2012) with my husband and it was fabulous!! I had a hard time deciding where to stay for this special occasion but I decided on the W because I wanted a unique experience and I wanted to be in the heart of Times Square. I am so glad I went with my gut!! This hotel is so unique! I love the entrance with the water wall!! It makes you feel like you are surrounded by water! I also loved the lobby area!! So chic and sexy!! Our stay was made even better by the Director of Guest Experience, Patrick Armano. I contacted Patrick via email and explained to him that this would be our 1st trip to New York to see a Broadway show and that it was my birthday. He responded the same day and he gave me all the information I could want about how to get from the airport, a list of restaurants and things to do in Time Square. He made our dinner reservations and he just was a God send!! We had a Cool Corner Room and I loved it! Our room faced right on to Time Square and it was awesome! The room was clean and the bed was heavenly!! Oh and the Bliss bath products are to die for! I think the best thing I enjoyed about this hotel is it's location!! You really can not beat it anywhere! It is so close to everything: Braodway shows, shopping, restaurants, even Central Park!! We took a wonderful bicycle tour around the park and it was unforgettable! we got tickets for the David Letterman Show which was great and we saw "Wicked" which was fantastic! I just had a wonderful couple of days and The W made my birthday so special!! Thank you so much for an awesome time and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yokechia
Hi there Yokechia,

We're so happy you chose to spend your special 40th birthday with us! It's always great when we get to celebrate with our guests. Hopefully we see you again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My family of four (two teenagers) stayed 7 nights at the W Hotel Times Square over the December 2012 holidays and had the experience of a lifetime. We had a Fabulous Suite, corner room, on the 53rd Floor, from Dec. 26 to Jan. 2. Very spacious, extremely comfortable, cool vibe. It was the first trip to NYC for our two teenage children, and the W provided outstanding service. Thank you Patrick, Celeste and staff!! If you are looking to be in the heart of the action, this location cannot be beat. We walked to three shows, walked to Central Park, walked to Grand Central Station; took an easy subway ride to Greenwich Village twice; easy subway ride to Battery Park for a harbor cruise; picked up the hop-on hop-off bus tour practically across the street. The Concierge Desk was Johnny-on-the-spot with any assistance. On New Year's Eve day, we watched all afternoon as the throngs gathered below, and we listened to all performers rehearsing on the stage just outside the hotel. We dined New Year's Eve at the Blue Fin inside the hotel and were escorted out at 11:40 p.m. with other restaurant patrons to participate in the countdown mayhem without having to stand 11 hours in the cold (we could not see actual Ball Drop, but it didn't matter). Expensive -- yes, but truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Thank you W Hotel--Times Square!!! Our family will never forget this trip.

Room Tip: High floor, corner suite -- very spacious, quiet, great views.
3 Thank sftravelerjan
Hi sftravelerjan,

We're absolutely thrilled you and your family had such a great New Year with us! Our location truly can't be beaten when it comes to being in the heart of the city. Make sure you think of us for the next family trip to the Big Apple!