“Chic and fun place”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #269 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Not a typical comment but my housekeeper is great. She is very friendly and attentive. Knowing that I used the gym, she left me much needed extra shampoo especially I have long hair. Plus my welcome chocolate didn't hurt!

• Stayed: February 2014
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled that your stylist was attentive during your visit and was able to provide you with true W service. We work each day to Wow our guests and it is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback! Thank you again and please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly prior to your next stay so that we can ensure it is as wonderful as your last.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,427)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here with a few friends for my birthday. The hotel is awesome -- I loved how we walked right outside and we were in Times Square. The service was absolutely amazing and a big shout out to Leo Rossini for having a nice little surprise sent to our room to help us celebrate! The next time I stay in NYC, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 989kelleyd
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Hi there, Kelley! I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us. We are delighted to have had the opportunity to help you celebrate your birthday and hope that this was the first of many. The entire W team thanks your for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just got back from 5 days at the W NEW YORK TIMES SQUARE and it was outstanding. The service from front desk to room service to bell desk to the concierge was outstanding. We had a total of 4 rooms and we were all there for business for 5 days - we were all well taken care of. Shout out to LEO ROSSINI - DIRECTOR OF GUEST RELATIONS (I think) - who totally made our 5 days great. Shout out to SAL the front desk guy who checked us in and the people at the front door to the 5AM Bell man who assisted us with our luggage as we departed. Thanks for a great stay. We will be back. Great location and great service and clean hotel and good WIFI made it outstanding!!! #bestNYHotelStayEver Other hotels need to pay attention...

Room Tip: We had rooms that faced the Hudson River and Times square - both were outstanding. Personally, I pr...
2  Thank Nice1Dave

Hi there, Dave! Thank you so much for providing us with such wonderful feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable trip and that our talent members, specifically Sal and Leo, were able to assist you in making fond memories. We look forward to welcoming you back to the W Times Square hopefully in the near future! All the best.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great hôtel with excellent service and excellent view of Times Square depending of the room you're in. The rooms are very clean with a modern look. The special chair next to the window is a very nice touch as well as the reading lamps built into the bed frame.

Room Tip: 5210 has a great view.
1  Thank Max L
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hello Max! Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit with us and we are delighted you had such a great experience! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the W Times Square for 3 nights while visiting NYC for college visits and of course a show and shopping. The location was perfect. Lots of activity, we enjoyed Times Square and close proximity to the Subway. The hotel is beautiful and our room had a spectacular view of Times Square. The room was clean and the service was fantastic. I would like to give special notice to "Susanna" at the check in desk who went above and beyond to make our trip special. Many hotels have nice people, but she was exceptional. She took the time to ask my daughters about our stay, and even asked how the college visits were going. When teenagers comment about service, you know it's good!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marshallsmom
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both you and your daughters had pleasant and memorable interactions with our talent members, specifically Susanna. I know I speak on behalf of the entire W team when I say we look forward to welcoming you and your daughters back hopefully in the near future! Thank you again for reaching out to us.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We recently stayed at W NY Times Square with our 6 year old daughter. We weren't sure how kid/family friendly the hotel was going to be but we had a great experience.

Guest service was fantastic. From the General Manager to guest service director to the concierge… everyone was very attentive and made our daughter feel very special.

Also, proximity to all of NY has to offer was great. We were able to walk to most places including central park, rock center and of course times square.

I would recommend this hotel to any family traveling to NYC!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica K
WGuestServicesTeam, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hello Monica,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted you and your daughter had such a great experience with us in the Big Apple! It was truly our pleasure to welcome you and our entire team looks forward to seeing you and your family back with us soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel a few months ago and when it asked me for a review I mentioned that there was no coffee maker in my room. Shortly after sending in my review I was contacted directly by the hotel informing me that I can request one. So I'm happy to say that I was again there last week, during the Blizzard. I emailed ahead as they requested to tell them I was coming and upon arrival a coffee machine was in my room!
I will say without hesitation the staff was amazingly friendly during the 12 degree days, leading up to the Blizzard. When it came time to check out I was assured that should my flights get cancelled [thank god they weren't] I would have warm room waiting for me. I spend more than a few nights on the road for business every year and will say that the W is no my favorite hotel in NYC. Their staff cares, and it shows.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as NYC streets get loud early.
1  Thank adam b
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hello Adam!

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us and we are so glad you had such a great visit! It was our pleasure to welcome you back with your room all set to go according to your specific preference and we're certain the hot coffee was indeed needed given the freezing weather outside! Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back for many future stays and we are happy to be your oasis right in the heart of Times Square! Anything you need, we are here for you 24/7.