W New York - Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
US$431
US$397
US$497
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$203
US$171
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$381
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$172
  • Breakfast included
4,480 results
All reviewsblue fintimes squarecool corner roomliving room barbliss productsnew yorkspectacular roomfrosted glasshigh floorhudson riverrooms are smallbig applestreet noisecentral parkelevatorlobbynyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed her for our first anniversary. The room was absolutely wonderful with a fantastic view of the city. I noted in the reservation that this was for our anniversary and there was a W Times Square gift bag with a handwritten congratulations note in the room when we arrived. Later that night complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were sent up. Absolutely fantastic weekend with service that went above and beyond all expectations. Special thanks to Kristin, Allison, and Jonathan for all their extra efforts!

• Stayed: March 2014
WGuestServicesTeam, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review of your recent special visit to the Big Apple! It was truly our pleasure to have you with us and to be a part of such a special occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home-away-from-home in the city!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here in Jan/14 for a quick couples trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and modern. Plenty of room for another guest. Bed clean and really comfortable. Facilities are clean and well maintained. Room service was prompt, order correct, good quality, nice selection. I love W minibars with their selection of essentials. The lobby is on 7th floor which means an extra elevator for access. Location is perfect for visitors in the middle of Manhattan, Times Square, Broadway, etc. Don't plan on an early check-in or a late check-out. (without SPG status)

Room Tip: Ask for high floors for great city views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello and thank you for your spectacular feedback in regards to your recent visit with us! It was truly our pleasure to have you with us in the heart of the Big Apple and our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back with us. Anything you need, do not hesitate to reach out and our we will gladly assist!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I checked into my pre-paid room for a 4-night stay and was disappointed to find that that the room was desperately in need of a refresh. The interior was shabby and dated, a lounge chair was missing from the room and the shower head, while technically functional, was off of its mooring and loosely jutting out of the wall. In addition, this particular room was right outside the window washing crane rig and spotlight platform, which greatly occluded my view. I complained via e-mail to the GM, as I am an SPG Platinum member. Neil B from the GM's office responded promptly, and offered to move me to another room if I was willing to do so. As an extra level of service, a bellman actually came to my room and moved my things, and the new room was a Wonderful Suite. Thanks to Neil for his help; I will be back to the W Times Square because of his commitment to service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich S
WGuestServicesTeam, General Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello Rich - thank you for your honest and balanced feedback and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted we were able to ensure you had a great overall experience with us and it was our pleasure to assist! We have since gladly shared your feedback with our team as we are always looking to improve your experience with us - thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

W Times Square has a great location right in the middle of everything in Times Square. Unfortunately, that is about the only good thing. Service in general felt very impersonal and as a guest I felt that I didn't matter. Doormen would rather stand and chat amongst themselves than greet guests. Housekeeping was slack as toiletries were not replenished promptly. There was also a housekeeping cart outside our door the entire night. We paid for an extended check out but housekeeping came knocking on our door at 1pm asking if we were checking out. Apparently it was not communicated to her regarding our late checkout. I stayed at W Lexington a few days prior and they had nice touches like hot cider tea for returning guests which was highly appreciated given the cold weather. Compared to other W properties like Hong Kong and Lexington, W Times Square was very disappointing. And lastly, I just looked at the other reviews in Trip Advisor. How funny that it seems the management replies only to good reviews from guests!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabtseng
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your honest and balanced feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your candor as we are always looking to improve your experience for future and we have since gladly followed up on your comments with our team as well as reached out to you in order to personally touch base as your comfort is of course our number one priority. Thank you once again for taking the time to reach out to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future for a true W Experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked two rooms for 5 nights and pre-paid. On arriving at 5pm after a long journey, neither of the rooms were ready. The receptionist was lovely about it and offered free Wi-Fi for both rooms. On returning a few hours later the rooms were ready. We were sharing with our 20 year old daughter whilst our sons had a separate room. We were quite astonished to find that our room had been prepared for only two occupants, despite paying a supplement for three and the bathroom had not been properly cleaned. We also wanted a bath rather than just a shower and made enquiries of reception. Again they were really friendly and helpful, advising they could move us the following day and to leave our bags packed.

We went out early the next day, returning at 5.00 to be told that a room had not been allocated but advising they could sort it immediately. They gave us new keys and we went to our new room and waited for the luggage. After a long wait we returned to reception to be told that our luggage had been transferred earlier in the day to a third room but they were now moving it. Once again the staff were friendly but clearly inefficient. The room again was made up for only two occupants which we commented upon. Next day housekeeping left a carrier bag full of soaps, shampoos etc sitting on the sink with a dirty glass they had failed to take away. At this point we decided to send a tweet - which two days later got results. Suddenly there were three bathrobes, slippers, shaving kits and toothbrush kits. The beds were properly made and our night garments folded nicely.

The hotel was not cheap and this is not the kind of service we had expected. The rooms are quite basic and it is difficult to identify what you are paying for. As a bare minimum the room should be clean!

On a more positive note, the Concierge Desk was incredibly helpful, making great suggestions for breakfast and dinner. The staff are all very friendly although twice we asked to see a manager and were put off. After the tweet the manager was keen to speak with us although this didn't happen.

This experience has put us off staying at a W Hotel anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello there. Once again, I would like to apologize on behalf of W NY- Times Square for the problems that you experienced while you were here with us. We take your feedback very seriously and we have addressed these issues with our team. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our friendly talent and concierge team. If you do decide to stay at a W Hotel again, please let me know and I will ensure that someone on that property is there to oversee your reservation. kristin.collura@whotels.com

All the best,