“Great location for everything”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #270 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location for everything”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Enjoyed stay. Convenient to everything. Very Friendly and helpful staff, wonderful concierge. Luxurious rooms, very modern. Best bathrooms of any hotel. Great showers. DVD player in upper level rooms was really nice.

• Stayed July 2014
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you had a great trip. Please come back and see us again soon. kristin.collura@whotels.com

All the best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you want to stay in Times Square in a comfortable and trendy hotel, the W is the place. It's a W, so you know what to expect and they always deliver. Great rooms, good view, and quiet rooms will bring the best of staying in Times Square. Walking distance to Broadway, Central Park, Metro station, MOMA and many other attractions. I always stay in this hotel when traveling to NY.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and for your loyalty to W NY- Times Square. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please be in touch. kristin.collura@whotels.com

riyadh
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed 5 nights in the great hotel. The interior design of the rooms was modern. The staff were friendly and helpful. They gave me a roll away for free. Simply, I felt like home. The only thing I didn't like in the room was the small rest room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate it. Please come back and stay with us again soon. kristin.collura@whotels.com

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place is high-end and cool. I loved the "living room" lobby, especially at night with video of the city projected onto the columns in the room, and all kinds of interesting lighting features. My room was on the 51st floor, with a good view of the west side of the city. The rooms are very nice, modern, and hip, again, with interesting lighting features in the room. Plenty of plugs to charge stuff, and a wet bar with plenty of red bull etc. Really good overall. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant, but the menu looked great. If you're looking for a room in midtown, this is a sure bet. It was really quiet up there in the sky on the 51st floor!

1 Thank Brooke B
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you telling the world how cool we are :) Please come back to stay with us again soon. We have some really cool things in store for 2015 so stay tuned and be in touch. kristin.collura@whotels.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel after seeing the pictures and reading quite good reviews. However, the hotel was just such a disappointment and the overall standard was max a 3 star!

It was so old and with dirty carpets in the hotel rooms. We got a room with absolutely no view and it was extremely small. (Note that we had paid almost 300USD per night)

Moreover, I had an emergency, as I broke a small piece of my veneer. I went to the concierge, who by the way was very rude. He booked me with a dentist, who turned out to be one of the most expensive in NYC! He wanted to charge me 600USD for gluing the small piece of veneer back on the tooth. (A job which normally wouldn't exceed 100USD)

Obliviously I went back to the concierge to complain. He became so offensive and even more rude than before and told me that I was in NYC and the hotel had sudden standards. I was looking at the concierge and asked him what standards he was referring to, as it couldn't be the hotel!

In fact we were SO unhappy that we after 4 nights actually changed our hotel to Waldorf Astoria, where we got almost the same price and It was so much nicer!!!!

Stayed July 2014
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hello Rikke L,

First, I would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on our guest services, and appreciate the feedback of our guests to help us to provide outstanding service. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards. We truly take the cleanliness and conditions of our hotel very seriously, not to mention the professionalism of our talent. I am sorry that your interactions with our Concierge were subpar. We will address this and share your feedback so we can work together to ensure corrective action is taken. I do hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Please feel free to reach out us directly should you decide to stay again so we can ensure your stay is flawless.
China
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel is pricey but in a very good location just literally on Times Square (you can even see Times Square from the window).

Hotel impressive only until the lobby floor (5th floor), because the rooms are actually very small and absolutely nothing to shout about. We've stayed in 3 star hotels rooms which were better than this.

Housekeeping service very poor....room not cleaned properly, and almost every day we had to call for more towels (we were four in the room and yet two towels were provided) and for more supplies.

We had a so-called "Spectecular Room" with two beds as we were two adults and two kids, but the room was extremely small. We had no issues with noise as we were on the 49th floor. No coffee machine in the room (which I would expect in such a hotel at that price) but was told afterwards that we could have asked for one ! Wifi is also at a charge.

Concierge staff and door staff very helpful.

I cannot recommend this hotel as I am sure there are better value hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback. I would first like to personally apologize for the disappointing experience you had in your room. There is never an excuse for guest inconvenience and poor service. I assure you that this is not indicative of the service philosophy we champion at the W and certainly not representative of the style we have become known for.

It is extremely disconcerting to us when we learn one of our valued customers has had an unpleasant experience. We work diligently each day to build a service culture, responsive to the individual needs of our guests. It is obvious that on this occasion, we have failed to accomplish our goal. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies with your overall recent experience. Please rest assured that I have passed your comments along to our Management team, and will make sure these issues are addressed.

We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Thank you, again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.

Peter
Clive, Iowa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! Right in the heart of Times Square and all of the activity. Very clean and modern. The staff is extremely helpful and very nice. We would stay here again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Our family split between two rooms. The supreme doubles were great!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes pride in the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the W New York – Times Square.

Peter