“Truly Awful”

Neighbourhood: Chinatown
London, United Kingdom
“Truly Awful”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were excited to have a chinese meal in china town, NYC and decided to eat at this restaurant. Big mistake. The food was really bad. Our starter of prawn rolls was not cooked properly. The prawns were still cold so we did not eat it for fear of getting ill. Our main course of lemon chicken and beef with scallions was very bland absolutely no flavour. I have had better tasting authentic chinese food from our local take-away in West London. This substandard meal was by no means cheap and to add insult to injury after being ignored by the waiters they added a 10% service charge to our bill. Definitely not recommended and to be avoided.

Visited July 2014

Slidell, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

While on vacation, and with no specific plans in mind, we came across this restaurant. We found the food to be very good and would definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant in China town. This place did not disappoint. They had a great variety, was clean and the service was great!

“The hidden food Jewel of New York”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

What a great restaurant we returned to this restaurant again this February 2014 after 2 years and it was just as good as it was the first time we ordered the steamed dumplings a side of steamed broccoli and white rice along with chicken and broccoli and some other dishes it's authentic and good very clean the place is a bit small but that's New York but very very good defiantly should go there if you get the chance

Beverley, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Incredibly impressed with this restaurant. I travelled with a group of about 15-20 people (school trip) and it was my first time in New York City so I was keen on checking out Chinatown. Me and my party stumbled across this place and we were pleasantly surprised. The waiters were a delight and there was a huge variety of authentic Chinese cuisine. We were the only people in the restaurant and there was about 14 of us all together so we weren't expecting our food to arrive quickly. But it arrived in 5-10 minutes! I ordered Sesame chicken with a side of spring rolls and I was impressed the moment it was placed on the table. My party had ordered a variety of foods including duck and curry and they were hugely impressed too. My dish was absolutely delicious and I can say this is one of the best Chinese meals I have ever had.

My only negative is that the drinks were only provided in cans to be drunk through a straw, I would've preferred having a glass but its not a huge problem.

So overall: brilliant service, authentic Chinese, reasonable price, lovely atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant for your first visit to Chinatown in NYC!

• Visited February 2014