“A big disappointment”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Had the concierge purchase the tkts while we were at a business meeting. Cots 189 twice the price but saw Marlo on a spot on tv and it seemed to be good. Sadly the tv spot was as good as it got. Half empty theater. People behind us got their tkts for 32 at the rush door...all in all four weak one acts that didn't belong on broadway. We made the wrong choice with most oftheempty theater.

Visited January 2012

New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“A Below Average Broadway Experience”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Relatively Speaking is an attempt by three well known playwrights to provide us with a night of entertainment. Each act of the three is quite different and although the third one by Woody Allen is very funny, the others fail to get many laughs. One could see already that my opinion is not without support, since the house on a recent Tuesday night was one third empty. This show seems much better suited to an off Broadway and more intimate location but I am sure that the royalties and salaries that must be paid prevent it from being there. I imagine it will be here for only a very limited time. Not recommended.

Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“One Out Of Three Is Great”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The Ethan Cohen play is a hidden gem, unappreciated because the audience does not seem to understand - which is why I put it here - that the second part of the first play is a portrayal of the interaction of the parents of the protagonist on the night of his birth. In other words the second part of the first play explains why the mental patient/hero is the way that he is. And of course Elaine May and Woody Allen are pitch perfect even if this is not their best work. The Woody Allen piece is a straightforward communication to the audience about his marriage to his quasi-step-daughter.

Suffern, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So so bit of Broadway”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of live theatre but when I saw this show had three one act plays by one of the Coen brothers and one by Woody Allen (I forget the third play write) I though it was worth a shot as my better half loves theatre and there were many name actors in the line up. The first two plays were sleepers. The Coen piece was very disappointing....it was a lifesaver that it is short.......I'll stick to movies by the brothers. The second piece, "George is Dead" was a study in adult adolescent behavior by a pampered wife..........needless to say it did not hold my attention......I actually did fall asleep...yawn, yawn. The best ( and I use the term lightly ) of the three was the Allen piece, "Honeymoon
Motel". It at least had some humor, albeit schtick but it did move along quit well, and there were some laughs, and Avi eye candy saves it.
The actors were all excellent doing what they could with the material, so please don't take this review as negative comment on their work.
So.....if you can get discount tickets or if you're a fan of live theatre it may be worth it for the Allen piece.....otherwise pass on it.

Wanaque, NJ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great show, lots of fun.”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The show is three short FUNNY stories. They were all great but the last one definitely was the funniest. I would highly recommend this if you’re in the mood for laughing a lot….