“Rare find”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rare find”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter and I went to the wallstreet bath house because she had bought a day for two but after reading reviews, we were very skeptical but didn't want to lose the money spent. We were pleasantly surprised. Not sure what all the bad reviewers saw. But staff was very pleasant, facilities a bit tired but under renovations, The massage was fabulous!! The vip room was very nice and we had it just to ourselves. Saunas, pool, steam room, hot tub all clean and felt wonderful. All in all we were quite satisfied and would recommend it!!

Visited December 2011

Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Boy, the Russian's sure know how to Spa.”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I purchased a Group On for Wall Street Bath and Spa and brought my friend Lenny. This place is a subterranean stunner. After visiting the front desk you descend down stairs into this multi-level complex. I stepped into the moist warm, lagoon like temperature of the hot tub/pool room and immediately knew these folks had their act together. The hot tub was large, clean and warm. I spent some time in the tub and then jumped into the good sized pool for my live man's float. I left the pool area, grabbed my yoga mat and towel, spread them out in the steam room and stretched.The steam was hot and very comfortable. Right outside the door is a nice deep, ice cold plunge. Wow, it was cold! I stayed under for a few seconds, but immediately exited gasping for air. Not for beginners, but truly effective. I asked the Spa attendant what the water temperature was, but he spoke no english. My next stop was the Cedar room. It's a large, scalding hot room with long cedar benches, large plastic buckets and faucets. This room was hot, I'd guess around 200-210 degrees. You sit on a plank, burn your butt, fill a bucket with water and douse yourself. The room smells great, the intense heat and the dousing is a wicked rush. There's a small sauna, but I didn't try it. I went back to the good sized pool and swam my laps. The Spa provides food and has a nice lounge area with bed like dwellings and TV's. You could easily spend your whole day here. My only complaint is the 10 am opening. If your traveling to Manhattan, I would highly recommend this authentic Russian Spa experience.

Visited September 2011