“Not What I was expecting”
Review of Jangmi Jewelry

Jangmi Jewelry
Ranked #38 of 806 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Jangmi is the best diamond store in the heart of Diamond District in New York. Our first priority has been customer's satisfaction based on the honesty and mutual trust for around 30 years. When you buy diamond from us you are buying not only the best diamond but also the best service for years to come.Specialized in G.I.A. Certified Diamond Engagement Ring Member of D.D.C.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Not What I was expecting”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I stumbled across the reviews for Jangmai when researching for my birthday trip to New York. Didn't actually think we were in the market for Diamond shopping (a girl can dream), but when my partner took me into a couple of shops I told him about the reviews, so we decided we had to pay Mr & Mrs Kim a visit. We had some difficulty in locating the store. I only had a vague address & had left my phone in the hotel. A kind security guard rang the store for us and got the correct location. I was expecting a full shop, but Mr & Mrs Kim have a counter within a larger store. We met with Daisy & Mr Kim who were very helpful & friendly. We explained what kind of ring we were looking for. Mr Kim took time to explain the diamonds etc, I was looking a pear shaped stone with halo setting but Mr Kim advised he did not have one in stock and it would take 2 weeks to customise. He did show us some beautiful loose stones but I felt it would have been a compromise to settle for something I didn't really want. at no stage did we feel pressurised or pushed to buy, like we did in some other stores.

4 Thank fionaw1

Spingfield, VA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“The best!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My fiance and I shopped around forever... Once I saw this one ring at Tiffany, nothing looked good enough for me to buy... then we stumbled upon this place after reading reviews on yelp. They were so friendly and willing to help. I think just because they sell so much, they don't even try to push you to buy or care to" sell". They were just trying to find something we would like and the diamond we would like with the best quality.. LOVE LOVE LOVE their love pave setting. Other places have similar styles, but can't compare to the one they have here!! My fiance got me H&A ( which is rarity) ring, and it's the most beautiful I have seen ever!! If you want the perfect ring, this IS the best to go!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeehae C
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ONLY PLACE YOU NEED TO GO!!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Like many of the people looking at this page, I had no idea where to start to look for an engagement ring for my soon to be wife. I was astonished to see a business with so many favorable reviews so I sifted through most of the reviews and I was convinced that they were all genuine! Having lived in Brooklyn for a number of years I trekked up to Manhattan with a list of 3 jewelers to go to. Both my fiancé and I had done our research in terms of what we wanted. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were the first and only place we went to!

On our first meeting with them there was no talk about ring, price or most importantly the pressure to buy. Mrs. Kim spent almost 25 minutes explaining diamonds and then showing us examples, we felt like we were back in high school class and it was greatly appreciated! You read on this site, of the experience of people saying they were the nicest couple you have met, this is true. They care about their customers and they make themselves a part of the experience. They will show you anything you desire and most importantly take both your needs and budget into consideration.

We shopped around and I am confident we got not only the best price but also the best ring we could have asked for! She gets compliments on it daily and I look like superstar! Thanks again Mr. and Mrs. Kim for your awesome service! You are truly wonderful people!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Hardeep A
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT X3”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

THREE WORDS: EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! My fiancée (back then) and I bought our engagement ring and wedding bands here in 2009 and everyday they remind us our commitment to each other! Still to this day, random people and friends come up to my wife and have said that they love her engagement/wedding ring. Y.S.K. Jewelry Corp. carries many beautiful jewelry collection for all different styles and ages. They are very professional and will work with your budget. Recently, I came back here to get our anniversary rings. Also, after-sales-service is EXCELLENT: time to time I stop by here to get our rings cleaned and get checked up. Please ask for Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Young K
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Rose By Any Other Name”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Jangmi means "rose" in Korean and when you meet Mrs. Kim, you'll see why. As delightful and helpful as she is beautiful, Mrs. Kim always puts me at ease when I'm sweating over what to get. There's never a hard-sell, and she'll give you all the time you need as she educates you on everything you need to know about diamonds. Trust is at the core of the jewelry business and we trust Mr. and Mrs. Kim so much that in the past 10 years my family has purchased four engagement rings (each at least 2 carats) from here.

Visited March 2014