“Great place!”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #316 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed here for six nights - July 16 through the 22nd. The Out exceeded my expectations. It is a really unique place -- aside from the modern, slick look of the hotel, courtyards and rooms, it feels wonderful being in a gay hotel where you can just be yourself. The clientele while I was there was largely made up of friendly, gorgeous guys (which I found only slightly intimidating) and a few straight couples, or lesbian couples.. Most people were willing to say hello and engage in conversation. The staff was very helpful and outgoing. When the hail storm killed the internet, the staff was right on it and made sure it was up working by the next day. I met the hotel developer and the director of operations, both of whom were warm and welcoming.

I was delighted and surprised by the complimentary full breakfasts in the Kitchn hotel restaurant. The XL club has activities going on all night long -- usually a show from 8 to 10 PM, and dancing all night long starting at 11. Out guests get $5 off admissions, and get to enter ahead of the line. Here's the wacky part: I really didn't have a desire to step outside the hotel and see the rest of New York City -- there was so much to do between the food, the hotel and the club!

I'm really proud of this place because it is classy, fun, and so different than any hotel (or gay-friendly establishment) that I've been to. Some wondered whether New York City needs a gay hotel, especially after gay marriage has been passed, and yes it does. It is no different than Jewish groups going to the Catskills each summer to share experiences with people of similar backgrounds It's nice to spend time meeting other like people (and people who are friendly to like people) and having a great time. I would go back again and again - I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Rooms far from the club are quieter. Rooms around the courtyards are easy to see into. Bring a swi...
2  Thank David S
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear David S,

We are so pleased to hear of your fantastic stay with us here at THE OUT NYC. This is certainly a social-epicenter for the LGBT community, its friends, family and allies alike. It is such a pleasure to hear that our goal in providing great service and hospitable accommodations to the community has been met.

We most certainly look forward to hosting your next stay here in NYC.

Best,

Keith Frey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I really love this hotel. I am a "hotel junkie" (I've thought about creating a website where I review all of the hotels I've stayed at in NYC), but I digress.....

This is a truly special place. I am saying this because of the "gay" aspect of the hotel, but also because it is really different, spacious and not squished together like most Manhattan hotels. The main issues I have with NYC hotels is for $300 you get a teeny tiny room that you can barely move in. Even the "smaller" rooms here are spacious.

The bed is amazing (I'm a real stickler for beds and comfy linens), shower is great (including the organic amenities like facial wash and body wash), everything is new and clean and pristine! I stayed for two nights and also got an unbelieveable deal, too.

The staff is all incredibly friendly and helpful (they even fulfilled my pre-request for a very quiet room). Bronson and Erin at the front desk are especially friendly and very helpful.

I love just walking around this hotel. There are three different "chill out" areas, and all are very different, but great. You can truly be alone at this hotel and not be disturbed, which I love.

My one complaint: the spa. Don't get me wrong, the "wellness area" (as they call it) is beautiful to look at--crisp and clean, and perfect. However, there is only one massage room. No mani/pedi, no facials, etc. I think they really need to add these services to make them a viable competetor to all the other boutique hotels in NYC. I will say, I am a massage junkie, and Savas (the lead massage therapist) is AMAZING. He gives a very different massage, and I seriously considered getting another the next day. If you get a massage with him, do yourself a favor and get a 90 minute session, not 60. He's that good. That being said, adding more services to the spa menu will make a BIG difference to the Wellness Center at The OUT NYC.

Overall, I love love love the OUT, and it is my new home away from home!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room towards the back, off of the street. XL nightclub is in the front of the build...
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when getting to the hotel as the pics on the site looked like they were "comics." First of all, the location to the major areas was AMAZING! I stayed in a shared room, which for some might be a problem. For me? it wasn't. I basically had the room to myself for 4 days. The beds were really comfortable and plush. It made me want to sleep in but alas, business meetings called. At the end of the day, all I needed was a bathroom and a bed, so this did the best job, since my social calendar while in the city was pretty busy. The room was on street level, which meant that noise from the street was very common at all hours of the night & early morning. The only downside with these rooms is that there aren't any headphones for the TV or a remote control, but that's neither here nor there.

The gym/sauna/outdoor courtyard were essentials and a nice surprise. They were not busy at all, so, I had my pick of equipment, which made working out that much easier. It's not a big space, but it has everything you need.
Two days into my 5 day stay, I received vouchers for breakfast at the attached restaurant, KTCHN. What a nice surprise!
All in all, this hotel was amazing and I enjoyed my stay. I will def be back and have told friends about it.

Room Tip: if you are going to choose a SLEEP SHARE room, come with 3 other friends so you have the whole room...
1  Thank Ebby A
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have stayed at 20 different hotels in NYC with most being in Hell's Kitchen/Time Square area. This was by far our favorite experience to date. We really utilized the entire place. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and we slept like babies. We especially liked the set up of the hotel. With the open courtyards, it felt like we had a balcony. My partner and I also really enjoyed our dinner right there in the hotel at the new restaraunt KTCHN - it was only the second night, but the food was fantastic. After that we went to XL nightclub. That is whole other review, but we had a blast! I would highly recommend it for people that like a little action around them.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the third floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I checked into THE OUT NYC a nice little hotel down 42ND West. The hotel its self has nice decor and the rooms are well appointed by NY stands for the price.

My wife rushed out one morning leaving her wedding rings and when we returned they where gone. Stupid I know but hey, we all dream of being able to stay in a place with honest people.

Thing that really got me was the maner in which the incident was handled. They tried to be professional, but where actually slow, unprofessional and really seems to lack any real kind of caring. They where good at working together to protect all parties interests except ours and left us feeling stupid and like criminals.

Even after 6 hours they where not able to give us a proper report on their findings.

Our room was not secure and my wife and I do note feel our stuff is save in this Hotel.

Very disappointed in management after this incident.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room with windows facing onto the court yard, our windows locks never work and we did...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coach747
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at The Out NYC for 3 nights in July, and absolutely loved it! I was worried about the noise from the club based on other reviewers, so I asked for a quieter room. I never even heard noise from the club (so I didn't need the earplugs that were supplied). The room was super comfortable and visually appealing, and the A/C had no trouble keeping up with the extreme heat. The bathroom was a bit tight, but the toiletries were positively deluxe. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The common areas (3 separate courtyards, 2 small hot tubs, lobby sitting area) were quite very welcoming. The location was convenient (5 minute walk to the 8th Ave. subway, walking distance to Time Sq. theaters, close to a few diners and coffee shops). I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about noise, let the front desk know as far in advance as you can.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear RandBrad,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at THE OUT NYC. Additionally we are would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with such a positive review.

We look forward to accommodating you for future visits to the city!

Best,

Keith Frey
KeithF@theoutnyc.com

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I really enjoyed my brief, two night stay at the Out NYC Hotel in June 2012. The hotel is located in Hell's Kitchen - a gentrifying neighborhood just west of Times Square. The Out is a gay hotel but is very much straight friendly. In fact, I saw a number of straight couples there during my stay.

The rooms are modern and large and have spacious bathrooms. The common areas of the hotel are superb - especially the Great Lawn (where you can picnic during the day) and the spa courtyard. There are two jacuzzis, a steam room and sauna (both coed), cabanas and lounge chairs.

The staff are friendly (especially Alex) and the bar and restaurant are excellent! I'd come back to this hotel in an instant!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo