“Great accommodations and staff - disappointing management”
Review of The Out NYC

The Out NYC
Ranked #241 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Great accommodations and staff - disappointing management”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I never write reviews, but this is mainly aimed at the management of the hotel. The hotel itself is exactly what everyone else wrote - great rooms, facilities, location, etc. The place has hired great staff - almost everyone (95%) from the maintenance guy, housekeeping, bellman, front dest, etc. are all very accommodating, pleasant and so helpful.

Here's where it gets bad. I had two incidents which were a little more than annoying and actually could have been easily solved with a nod or acknowledgement from the management. A simple, we hear you and we apologize would have made me quite happy. I was there for a 5 days and heard nothing (this happened the 2nd day I was there).

I received an email asking me for my comments on my stay. I pretty much wrote what I wrote here, except in a little more detail (like room number). I got nothing - no reply, no acknowledgement, etc.

I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel (and have) as long as nothing goes wrong and you don't need the management.

Oh . . . and don't stay in N201 (the suite). The hotel water pressure is pretty bad.

Room Tip: N201 has very bad water pressure
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jtmy766

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stay one night for holiday from Japan. Two green opne terrace were very nice and could spend almot half day in side to relax. A litle bit far from the SUB station. Breckfast is available for around $16 at cozy restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear kenken25,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at THE OUT NYC.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally we are happy to hear you took advantage of our on-site restaurant KTCHN for breakfast!

Come stay with us again soon!

key west
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I recently spent five nights at the OUTNYC. Planned trip for a couple of months and decided to enjoy the OUTNYC. From the moment I arrived until I left early this morning, I was treated like Gold. The room was great, quiet and not at all LOUD as some of the reviews had mentioned because of the Club next door. The food at KTCHN was fabulous, the drinks great, but above and beyond ALL else.....the staff is the most POLITE/COURTEOUS and CLASSY staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at.

That in and of itself will bring me back, and I will suggest the OUTNYC to all that venture to New York. The location is PRIMO too.

Thanks OUT, I miss you already.....

Room Tip: Ask for third floor South
1 Thank KeyWestMonkey
Dear KeyWestMonkey,

WOW! Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a resounding review! It is our pleasure to meet beyond our guests' expectations, and are so happy to hear we did just that.

Treating you like "gold" is our top priority, and can only hope that the property and the staff can have the opportunity to do it again for you!

Looking forward to having you during your next visit to NYC!

New York
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at the hotel the first week in August. The location is great as it is a couple blocks away from Times Square. There is valet parking. The hotel is indeed straight friendly as me and my husband and our friend were staying at the hotel. The staff is very friendly and tended to all our needs (ice, towels, and tv issues). The place is very chic and classy. You must check out the photos along the lobby walls, you got to love the creativity. The room was a decent size (we had a double). The sliding doors to the bathroom seem a bit transparent but you cannot much unless you get right up on the door, so no worries.
The outside public siting areas between the rooms (lounge areas) were so cool. We had to take pictures of them. The mirrors, bean bags, and artifical grass was so cray! The other louge area by our room was a great open area with long dinner table and chairs plus extra seating area. Its like you can actually host your own outdoor dinner party there!
The club attached to the hotel called XL sounded like it was jamming and the lines were long to get into the club. They give you ear plugs if you cannot stand the music but from where our room was, the music was not that loud.

The only negative thing I have to mention though the place seemed really clean. The day after when we turned home I noticed I had bug bites all over my legs as well as my husband. I would post a picture of it but I thought would be disgusting and a bit too much. We have stayed in various hotels in NYC and never got bed bug bites. This was upsetting but I had to say it. So, if you plan to stay here just bring your own sheets or spray down the bed with Lysol or bug spray..just saying.

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the back of the hotel since the music will not be as loud and its peaceful back...
Keith F, Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Sheelah,

We were so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the last part of your trip. We appreciate the comments and feedback. We would like to talk to directly about the situation if at all possible? Please call me directly when you decide to return to THE OUT at 646.527.7903 or keithf@theoutnyc.com

Warm regards,

Director of Operations
Washington, DC
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The staff at The Out couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The outdoor spaces provided a nice respite from the bustle of the city and you could even forget that you were in the heart of things.

Dear Goodkiss24,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us here at THE OUT NYC. We are lucky to have such a phenomenal staff to help make you feel as welcome and accommodated as possible.

Looking forward to hosting your next stay in the Big Apple!

Paris, France
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Location is great, 2 blocks only from Times Square and plenty subway lines. The shared rooms are very comfortable, very convenient and very clean. The jacuzzis and terraces are the perfect places to make friends. And XL club right next door really has very nice music and nice crowd!! Staff is very helpful. This hotel is just sooooo nice!!!

Room Tip: Just expect a bit of noise (street and/or club) in the shared rooms. So don't go to bed too earl...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Vincent G
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Hi there Vincent G,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay here at THE OUT NYC.

Our public spaces such as the complimentary jacuzzi access in our Spa Atrium truly make it a treat for our guests to have a social outlet without venturing far into the city!

Many thanks, and looking forward to hosting you during your next visit!

Best,

Keith F
keithf@theoutnyc.com
leeds
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Fantastic hotel in central New York, only 5 minutes walk from Times Square. The rooms are a good size with great facilities. There is a spa, restaurant and nightclub on site as well as some great communal outside spaces! Best hotel I have stayed in in New York

• Stayed August 2012