“Welcomed back....I'll always come back”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #311 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at OUTNYC last year four months after they opened. At the time, I was unsure, but decided to treat myself. Needless to say the experience was so amazing from the staff, the room, the restaurant, the location, the staff, the staff, the staff that when a group from Key West decided to visit again, I rebooked and persuaded my friends to stay there too.

Again, I was not disappointed in any way, shape, or form. The property is amazing, the location PERFECT, the room and ammenities everything I could ask for but again.....the reason that i will always return and stay at the OUTNYC every time I leave this Paradise and Resort I call home and go to NY is....THE STAFF!!!!

They have it "down" how one should be treated. I made my reservation online and dealt with a reservation Specialist...Michael....AMAZING....his correspondence, reassurances, assistance, and gratitiude are some of the best "customer service" i have ever received. The front desk staff, the bartenders, the bellman, even the maid service....TWO WORDS....POLISHED & POLITE"

I recently retired from a job as a Manager with a Major Airline. It is hard in this day and age to get an entire staff to give EXEMPLARY Customer Service, but the OUT and Charle's Staff (especially Michael) have it down. If I were still managing the airline I would use the Staff of OUTNYC to mimic what GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE AND IS!!!

Thank you OUTNYC.....we will all see you sooner than later.......

Stephen....Key West

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room overlooking the hottubs/courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
David L, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear KeyWestMonkey,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team and give a special kudos to Michael in reservations! We love to read feedback like yours as it motivates us to do our best! We hope each stay is better than the last, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

It wasn't more than a year ago i wrote a stellar review regarding this hotel and its staff. From the smiling staff who where always accomidating and seem to remember my name before i even aprocached. the staff seemed to always try and anticipate my needs and exceed my expectation with little to no assistance from me... there was a sense of home and family from beginning to end... which is why i have stayed there several times including bringing my brother and his bf there for his birthday and other countless events... it has however been about 6 months since my last stay and the whole experience has changed ... i recognize the hotel but not the people in it. I don't expect everyone to know my name but at least smile or provide a friendly greeting as a customer approaches..... I checked in along and invited a friend from nj to join me.... it was late so i was going to the spa and called down to the front desk and let them th eknow the first and last name of my friend who would be joining me. and also let him ( the gentlman who picked up the phone when i pushed front desk) no problem he replied... apparently the spa was closing shortly after i arived. i went back to my room and at my amazment woke up the next morning around 1030..... not only was my friend/coworker not in the room with me (because he would have woken me up when he got there after taking the last bus in to nyc, I also had several messages from him stating that the hotel would not let him in or upstairs untill i came down... I'm fine with policy's and procedures but your staff should all be on the same page so when i call down and let someone know i might be in the spa or asleep that the staff would then say "no actualy this is the way it needs to happen or we don't allow that" but know i was told his name was added to the room..... which to me means he can eat breakfast get a room order stuff from houskeeping and GET IN TO THE ROOM WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ME. I was floored and mortified especialy since my friend had to then go and pay 200 dollars for a room he checked out of 11 hours later..... i don't know what happen to you guys but the comunication sucks... my friend said the guy at the desk and his friends wouldn't let him up... this is not exceptable .... not only did i waste my money on horible stay but then had to turn around and reimburse my friend for his hotel... i hope you guy can get it together i realy do miss that hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear mrleo1980,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide me with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. I would like to speak with you in further details about your stay, and the inconveniences experienced. If you can please contact me at CharlesK@theoutnyc.com at your earliest convenience, I would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very sexy, cool yet comfortable space - loved the interior atrium that opened to the sky (tanning time) - nice bar that had great people-watching (heart of Hell's Kitchen) - I'd be back in a minute! Too many big NYC hotels make u feel invisible - Out NYC was just the opposite

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Douglas A,

Thank you for the TA post! We love to read feedback such as yours and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the resort soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Out on a business trip to New York. It definitely lives up to its reputation as the most straight friendly gay hotel around. While the clientele is definitely predominately gay, there were plenty of straight couple, single women and at least one single straight guy (me). I never once felt like I was out of place and the staff certainly went out of their way to make sure this was the case.

The rooms are very tastefully done in a modern style. The beds are extremely comfortable, there is plenty of storage and the desk area is large and very functional. One complaint is that the wifi is pretty spotty in many of the rooms and nowadays this is borderline unacceptable as booster routers are so cheap. The bathroom is great with a huge shower with great water pressure and steaming hot water. The basin area is a little small but there is a large drawer under the sink to store toiletries so it’s not a huge issue. Housekeeping was a little off; in fact they completely missed my room one day. And, because there is no housekeeping after hours, by the time I discovered this it meant that I was without a clean room for 24 hours.

The downstairs area of the hotel was surprisingly quiet and I was there over a weekend. I was quiet worried about the noise that other reviewers mentioned as I was in town for some serious meetings but it was never an issue at all. The restaurant was quiet good and the prices were reasonable. One last issue is the location: While close enough to Times Square, if that’s what you’re into, the hotel is not very close to much else. It’s a few long blocks to the center of town and this can be a drag in the rain. The hotel is quite close to a couple of the new citibike share stations and there is a bike lane 9th avenue that makes riding around very convenient. Overall, a good experience and at the price ($160), a great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear ExpeditionDaddy,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC! We appreciate the comments and I do apologize for Housekeeping missing your room during your stay. I have passed along your TA post and we will use your comments as a training guideline for the Housekeeping Team. I would like you to know that we upgraded our Wi-Fi system, and have no reported issues since our upgrade.

We’re thrilled to hear that you found our rooms tastefully done, extremely comfortable and that you were able to take full advantage of the resort and many amenities we have to offer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I book a bed in a luxury shared room at The Out for my first NYC experience. Easy to get to by public transport from JFK Airport, no fuss check in but found that the bed that's supposed to be mine was occupied, the staff solved it in no time.
The room is clean, big comfy bed and big wardrobe with security code that you can seriously keep everything in. I stayed there for 4 nights, no creepy roommates at all. The service was excellent, dropped my phone in a crack next to my bed? No problem, a friendly service guy came in to help as well as fixing the AC with smiling face and service mind. However I found some of the front desk a bit pretentious, they are very helpful but somehow not so genuine.
There's an awesome drag night going on every Friday, very entertaining if you're not so easily offended ;) Personally I enjoyed it so much. I would highly recommend this hotel to any of my friends or any solo traveller, you will make friend, it is safe and fun to stay at The Out, will be there again if I'm in New York again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sophana T,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide me with your feedback on your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our luxury sleep share accommodations, and found the room clean and comfortable. However, I do apologize if the Front Desk Team missed the mark on their service. I will personally address your post with the Team and make the much needed corrections. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Best

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Decent location ( a decent walk from any main-line transport though )

Rooms were spacious but poorly appointed with ikea-esk quality furniture. Soaps were from pump action bottles with an absurdly large price chart displayed next to the sink.

Dont expect cotton balls or q-tips.

Common areas were good and inviting. Gym, well maintained and clean. Spa area, a bit cumbersome and crowded. Saunas, typical for gay geared venues.

Kitchn in the lobby area is not worth the money. Food was sub par. Eggs poorly cooked, if not instant in origins. Offerings on the menu compliated and limited. Come on guys!! Show us your skillz!! Cook damn it!!

One can be critical about facilities and amenities but one thing this place has going for it is the staff. Incredibly friendly, helpful, accommodating, and warm. There are many hotels in NY that wouldnt care if you were the messiah himself... Theyd say "get in line". The team here is genuine, professional and most respectful. From reception to room attendants to the bar staff at Kitchn. They deserve set the bar higher for other establishments.

• Stayed: August 2013
David L, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Royslsland,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide me with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC! We appreciate the comments, as it gives us an opportunity to improve our product and services. However, it’s great to hear that our Team was incredibly friendly, helpful, accommodating and warm. I will be certain to share your comments with the Team, reading words like yours motivates to do our best. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Whenever I travel to NYC for work I typically get set up in one of the many trendy, boutique hotels. More often than not, the focus of these hotels is in the entertainment in the lobby and not the comfort of the guests upstairs. After my one night stay in The OUT, I will be requesting to stay here whenever possible. As soon as I was in the elevator on the south side, all noise from XL was gone. And being only 3 floors up I was truly shocked at how quiet my room was. The bed was incredibly comfortable - great mattress and lovely linens.

My only complaint about the room would be the lack of black out curtains. I am not a city dweller (well, I suppose technically I do live in a city but my neighborhood is all residential) so I do not sleep well when there's artificial light pouring in from outside. It also meant that I had no choice but to wake with sunrise.

I ordered room service, Pasta Pomodoro, which be warned really should read "Pasta Arrabiata" as it's SUPER spicy. At that late hour it should have come with an antacid.

The air conditioner in my room was a bit on the loud side and it would have been nice to be able to turn off the fan in the bathroom. Nothing ear plugs or a pillow over the head couldn't fix.

I'm not ever in NY for leisure but should a trip come up, I'd love to come back and check out the spa and the jacuzzi area. Seemed like a nice tranquil spot to unwind and relax despite being in the middle of so much activity.

So for the leisure traveler, I recommend. For the business traveler, it's equally nice.

Room Tip: My room was on the South side which is away from the club/bar. VERY quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Erin O,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC! It’s great to hear that you will be requesting to stay at THE OUT whenever possible. We loved having you as our guest, and we look forward to your return.