“Spacious rooms in Hells Kitchen”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #310 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed 8 days ( a mix of business and holiday ) in late May and had a great experience. It's a perfect location if you're at the Javits convention centre as it is only a few blocks away. I requested a quiet room ( as per warnings made by other reviewers) and I also emailed them direct and secured a very good rate when what was popping up online wasn't all that attractive.
The room was impressive. I've been to NYC more than 20 times and this would have to be the largest room I've ever had in all those visits. Yet the room rate was reasonable.
My stay was very pleasant. I had no problems or issues. What impressed me was that the hotel is really trying to foster a sense of community and provides many opportunities for the guests to meet and mingle and also meet New Yorkers! While I was staying they hosted a grand exhibition launch, a Saturday barbecue, a Sunday drinks party, and then is the attached club if you still want more.
My own sour note was at the attached restaurant Ktchen. Their breakfast omelette was like a piece of yellow rubber that had been halfhearted microwaved. I ate there three times out of sheer convenience. I had one good dinner my first night but that breakfast was bad. I ate right on when they opened at 7am. Maybe that was the problem. However, there are a wealth of restaurants in Hells Kitchen just a matter of blocks away.

Room Tip: Away from the club.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank graitken
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Out is a little hidden gem in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. Walking distance from the theater district. Great deal and great amenities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Ohhhh snap!!! I was in the sauna when they came in. Two men and cute too!! Next thing I know one said kiss me and they started kissing!!! Other than that GREAT!!!!!! Freaking hotel!!!! OMG! The sauna BANGIN' The spa area BANGIN' The gym BANGIN' The steam room/sauna BANGIN' The hotel room BANGIN' The bathroom!!!!! B-A-N-G-I-N' The hotel was so worth it even if you are straight but my advice WARN YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER THAT'S IT'S A GAY FRIENDLY HOTEL!! And no just because there's gay men every where in New York is not a good excuse to use.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been staying at The Out Hotel since it opened and it continues to be my favorite hotel or home away from home. When it opened the service and staff were impeccable. Who knew they could get even better. Everyone from the front desk staff, managers, housekeepers, spa personnel, security and engineering are friendly, helpful and happy to help you. The hotel is clean, comfortable and offers all amenities you need while traveling. The gym is great for a quick workout and spa area is a nice perk to take advantage of. If you stay here - ENJOY!

Room Tip: If the club on the first floor is open be sure to ask for a room where the noise will be minimal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel reached our expectations.The room is really nice and clean. The staff is very helpful and always smiling. The restaurant is really good and the ambiance is very good too. I would definitely stay again on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Overall an excellent hotel. We stayed in a suite for 7 days - clean and comfortable. We enjoyed having the courtyard to the front and had a view of the back lawn area. Bathroom was fab and the air con was well needed as we staying during a hot week.

Housekeeping staff were very friendly - clean towels everyday and bedding changed when request.
Location wise, we liked the location. 2 blocks from the Hudson and the other direction 2 blocks from Time Square. Excellent restaurants nearby on 9th Ave.

We went to the weekely meet and greet which was hosted by Joey (events) and Stephen (GM) - this was a great opportunity to meet with hotel staff and fellow guests. Would recommend this!
The Spa facilities were awesome! a piece of tranquility in the middle of the busy city and a great way to unwind after walking around NYC!

As with anything, not all perfect...just a few comments...tea/coffee making facilities in the room would have been good, we didn't really interact with the front desk apart from check-in and check-out but on both occasions didn't find them very friendly (although everyone else was great). We were not too keen on the breakfast choices but that may be personal taste.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Again, a home-away-from-home. My fourth mini-vaca / biz bundling at The OUT / NYC hotel was comforting in the growing mutual familiarity between staff & this guest. All the while, evidence of progressive client-based focus of new services and amenities were in play all around. Please feel free to read my 3 previous reviews of this gem of a hotel, as I want to avoid repetition... each stay adds to the cumulative holistic experience. This urban resort takes guests' opinions seriously and heeds suggestions and ideas carefully. To wit: I am pleased to be able to say it was my bocce suggestion which led to the new more-suited-to-the-space bean bag toss on the tier in the 'Lawn' courtyard ! I had occasion to walk the property with Charles Katz in early June and I pointed out a few little logistical items from a guest's point of view, in both sleep-share and rooms...to receptive ears. I was quite eager to suggest my 'drive-in movie' under the stars nights on a screen in the same Lawn area... EGAD ! ...Charles smiled, said the screen was already on order, and announced 80's films would be a staple ! ...of course, I mentioned popcorn and few basic staples, such as Twizzlers for snacks, and will be surprised if that all doesn't happen...also, sun-bathing and tub-side beverages will soon be more readily available when an underused storage closet will soon become a half-door beverage station off the 'Bamboo Garden' courtyard... Incidentally, the two outdoor spaces had seemed under-utilized and searching for identities in some measure on my previous trips... on this foray, the spiffy lounge-y furniture from the Bamboo garden had been moved to the more logical Lawn Courtyard... the Bamboo Garden is still lounge-y, but also more conducive to the burgeoning local private-event scene that seems ever more frequent...there is a shade canopy now which makes the space more versatile, as well...but, here's the frosting on the cupcake--no--the little white icing SQUIGGLE on the frosting on the cupcake: two rooms are becoming...are you ready?........ dog-friendly!!!!! these two rooms are perfectly situated with their own private outdoor terrace type space, there will be pet doors installed in the doors 'twixt the room and terrace, and there are theme features such as a classic dog house and faux FIRE HYDRANTS set in the middle of zones where there will be pet-specific silicone absorbent 'relief' pads...for when the walk outside just won't do... Honestly, the rare reviews I see which take issue with attitude and indifference to service baffle me...I suggest they give it another try, and have meaningful dialogue with senior staff about any negative experiences... I will keep coming back to the OUT / NYC time after time...and I am VERY picky ! .... it's my home when I'm in the city that never sleeps.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo