“Stayed for 3 nights was pleased”
Review of The Out NYC

The Out NYC
Ranked #237 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami
“Stayed for 3 nights was pleased”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 3 nights without knowing it was a "Drag/Gay hotel" until I saw the drag queen photos all along the lobby walls to be honest the hotel was very good. Super clean better than the W time square the hotel I was currently staying at prior. Was very impressed with the price and room cleanliness. The rooms are basically new. Did not feel uncomfortable with the gay environment I fact did not run into anyone most of the time and there were regular guy and girl couples also families staying there as well which made me feel better about my stay. Overall great stay right in Hell's Kitchen many restaurants around just 2 or 3 blocks from time square. Also a CVS conveniently located right next door 2 stores down. BETTER THAN THE W time square when it comes to the rooms and hotel for the price.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bebomiami
Dear Bebomiami,

Thank you for the post! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and found the resort to be super clean! We hope that we made a long time OUT Guest and that you will join us again in the near future.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New London, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel, Anthony at the front desk and the entire staff made us both feel right at home. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The 42nd St. KTCHN was fantastic and very accommodating. The courtyards are beautiful and comfortable. The art exhibit of Drag was fantastic. We will definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to our friends and colleagues. Thank you for making a mini-retreat to the NYC very memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knxguys
Dear knxguys,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC! It’s great to hear Anthony and the Front Desk Team were able to make you feel right at home. I will be sharing your post and giving the deserved kudos to the OUT Team.

Warmest regards,
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I live in London which is noisy at times, but the out is not a relaxing hotel and should be avoided on the weekend as it sits on top of a nightclub. Its 2 am on a Thursday and my bed is vibrating with the bass as the bass is so so loud. The hotel also owns the nightclub and they have done nothing to help. Its a real shame as otherwise its a good hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank ReggieSuarez
Dear ReggieSuarez,

I would like to take a moment to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate stay. I understand how the noise levels can be frustrating, however we are working our hardest to improve the quietness throughout the resort. I have updated your profile to ensure all future reservations are away from the club, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Southport, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a great 4 night stay in a 4bed shared room recently. My concerns about staying in a shared room vanished as soon as i entered the room. Large beds, curtains for privacy, large easy to use individual lockers, individual light, tv and powerpoint.

Great location, great amenities and even free events on wed and sat! Staff were friendly and the hotel immacculate. I have already booked 2 more nights for on my way back home.

Room Tip: 4Bed share rooms are bottom floor with a window that views the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MattyW100
Dear MattyW100,

Thank you for the review! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our shared rooms and that you have already reserved two additional nights! We can’t wait to see you back at the resort.

Warmest regards,
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed there for 11 days in june 2014. Not only is it a great modern sleek in design , but the staff a super friendly. The room was very clean, spacious and the distant sound of the club underneath wasnt that bad. Great spa, gym and sunbaking area. The experience was fantastic and I WILL stay there june 2015. Highly recomended..

Room Tip: ask for one near the back not near the club
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Damien M
Dear Damien M,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay. We love reading reviews like yours, and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2015.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was like staying at a spa resort on south beach. The spa gym and lounge area was fun and I used it. I liked the mix for LGBT and straight people. The exhibition of drag queens in then
Obey was pure fun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Walter R
Dear Walter R,

Thanks for the review! It’s great to hear you were able to take full advantage of our many amenities.

Until next time, happy travels!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been going to The OUT hotel since I started doing my work in NYC. I come here almost every month from L.A. and I love it. The staff is great and helpful, whenever I need anything- they are there to accommodate me.
They also have a great gym, sauna, pool/Jacuzzi w/cabanas and several places outdoors to enjoy the NY skyline and fresh air! Love the artwork, multiple lobby/hang out rooms on the 1st floor.
And the restaurant downstairs has a fun atmosphere with great food.
I have stayed in the single and shared rooms. And I love them both. They are modern, clean with very cool bathrooms.
Your literally near the biggest subway station, Time Square and hip 'Hell's Kitchen'.
Now being in the heart of where it's all at, you can't expect staying at a library. If you want boring and secluded- them stay at those old hotels that look like they haven't renovated in a decade. Those places aren't for me. I want current and convenient.
I am sticking with THE OUT because it's cool, hip, modern and fun. You can't beat the area, price or atmosphere! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: Hanging out in the outdoor areas are the best. Just sit with your iPad and enjoy the sun and skyline...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John C
Dear JohnBCole,

Thank you for the review! It’s great to hear we made a long time guest OUT of you! We especially love to hear that you highly recommend the hotel and that our OUT Team is able to accommodate you on every stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.