“A New Yorker coming back as a tourist”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #319 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After having to leave the city temporarily a few months ago this was my first trip back home as a tourist. I freaking LOVED my stay there. The bed was SO comfortable, the bathroom was a dream. THANK YOU !!

Room Tip: Be sure to know if the windows look to the center of the hotel or outside. I had an outside room and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julien A
OUT_NYC_Manager, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Julien A,

Thanks for the post! We love reading reviews like yours and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Best,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My partner (now husband) and I of many years rarely stay in "gay" hotels any more having had so many bad experiences. But we decided to give Out NYC a chance and we are gals we did! It is trendy enough to satisfy our gay genes yet has enough of the comforts to satisfy our more mature requirements. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Keith T

Dear Keith T,

Thank you for the kind feedback from your recent stay at The OUT Hotel. We’re thrilled to hear that you highly recommend The OUT and that we have the comforts to satisfy your lodging requirements. We hope to see you back at The OUT soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 3pm and were able too check in which was welcome after our 15+ hour flight. Last room available the day before was Studio (over 300USD on hotel website) which was nice. It seems an old motel has been completely redesigned into this modern hotel with trendy guests. There is nightclub on Friday/Saturday so we may have been lucky to end up on 3rd floor. Studio was facing courtyard but most standard rooms seem to have no view (only a velux above the bed). Location great walking distance from the intrepid pier on the Hudson river and the Hell s kitchen district. We found a good supermarket/takeaway place 1 block away (left turning out of the hotel). The courtyard / jacuzzi may look better on website than reality and dormitory concept for single seems to attract a young hip crowd. No issues with hotel although as usual in NY I would question value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NICOLAS N

Dear Nicolas N,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback, from your most recent experience at The OUT Hotel. We appreciate the post and it’s great to hear you had pleasant stay with us. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed our centralized location and were able to take advantage of our Jacuzzi and Courtyard areas. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Loved my time at OUT NYC. The only thing I didn't like were their soap, shampoo, and lotion. Little bit too earthy.

Affordable brunch, only a few blocks from Times Square, and The High Line Park.

Vanessa at Concierge was delightful! Very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Annie B,

Thank you for the feedback from your most recent stay at The OUT Hotel. We appreciate the comments and I will be sure to pass your post along to Vanessa. We like hearing that you enjoyed the OUT’s location and Haus of Mimosa Brunch!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014 for 4 nights
Restaurants and shops can be found in the area
Conveniently located in Midtown
Very friendly staff
Clean and well-decorated rooms (a bit minimalistic - if that's your style)
Comfortable bed
Reasonably priced and tasty a la carte breakfast
Only issue: sound of the aircon

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OUT_NYC_Manager, Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear jerry951,

Thank you for the review! It’s great to hear you found our location conveniently located, our staff friendly and our rooms clean and comfortable. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Overall a really good visit to this hotel, we had 6 nights here. The staff were great, the areas within the hotel were fantastic for some chill time and guest mingle with ease. The only issue we had was the noise from the aircon in the rooms it's soooooo loud. There is blow or not no fan speed but really you got used to it after a night or two. Very clean rooms all be it a little small but well worth the price we paid. Breakfast could do with a revamp and it needs to open earlier we used the deli over the road for bagels and coffee as the rooms don't have this facility

Overall a good hotel with a few minor issues - we didn't experience any noise issues from the club as some review suggested.

We were in room 311

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank AnthonyMLeeds

Dear AnthonyMLeeds,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate all the great comments and will pass along the aircon issues to our Engineering Team for the much needed correction. Our sincerest apologies for the out breakfast not living up to your expectations. We are currently working on a new menu which should premier shortly. We hope these minor issues did not impact your stay too much, and we would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at The OUT Hotel on a Friday night, 7/18/14. Location is awesome just a few blocks from all the midtown attractions on one side and a few blocks from the waterfront on the other, with lots of local restaurants and shops steps away and the BPM Nightclub next door for Saturday night partying. This place is a surprising Oasis in the city with lots of outdoor space in Courtyards, go late at night relax and stare up at the stars and NYC skyline. Rooms are large, comfortable and modern with every comfort and amenity you could need. Staff was great, friendly, helpful and genuine. My only issue or concern with this place, is that I had $220 stolen from my wallet in my room. I advised the hotel staff and security and an investigation was done that proved "inconclusive", so at the end of the day the loss of the money did not spoil my stay nor perception of the hotel and a lesson was learned to lock all valuables in the room provided safe. In my 41 years of life (lol) I have never had anything stolen and have travelled around the world (see my other reviews). I have stayed at many hotels in NYC and this by far has been my favorite and I will return, albeit this time more guarded of my valuables.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Domenick D

Dear Domenick D,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. It was a pleasure speaking with you about your experience and I apologize for the unfortunate incident that occurred. However, it is great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, public spaces and found our staff helpful and genuine. We also love to hear that the OUT was by far your favorite hotel and please feel free to contact me directly at charlesk@theoutnyc for all future reservations.

Charlie