“Good value buffet in prime location”
Review of Midtown Buffet

Midtown Buffet
Ranked #9,884 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a nice meal here for only $16.99 in Times Square .Not the best buffet we've ever been to but not bad. Nice choice of seafood shrimp. crab claws and squid. Some of the food was a little bland and had been lying out too long but some dishes were really fresh and freshly cooked. The only alcohol served is beer. Great value for a prime location . Staff were ok not over friendly but not rude either.

2  Thank holidayseeker

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Never eat at this restaurant. The food was nothing resembling food. The meat was flour and all dishes cold and not eatable. The prices advertised on the wall for 16.75 was increased to 19.00 for no reason and the waitress waited at the table and won't let u leave until u pay the new price they created. We said but it says 16.75 on the menu and she said " No you pay 19.00 you pay you pay"

1  Thank Jeremy2830
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Food was custy managers were custy the whole thing was custy (btw there were pubic hairs in the food just incase u were wondering)

2  Thank ihatemidtownbuffet
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Just visited the restaurant after theatre and can only say how shocking the dots is. Cold, fatty, tasteless, dirty...I could go on. Do not go there.

2  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Here in town, there's a couple of good Chinese buffets, so I figured I would give this place a try. Ugh, I should have stuck to my original plan to give Junior's a try.
While the food was edible, I was not impressed. I had one plate, then went back to try a few things I missed the first time around, hoping they would be better. Nothing jumped out as anything I would want seconds of, and some of the meat was fatty and greasy as hell. I tried the wonton soup, and it was just awful- flavorless aside from salt, and it was a disturbing yellow color. That and the wontons themselves had a rough,nasty texture. Even the dessert buffet was a letdown.
Too bad, I've been to some really good buffets, and I really wanted to like this place.

2  Thank LadyAmanita