“poor representation”
Review of Morningside Inn

Morningside Inn
Ranked #444 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Room Tip: up date room information and photos
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in the city for 6 days. The location of the hotel is fine and the staff are nice. However, it would be great if they could fix some of the small problems they have. for instance, the TV wasn t working. I am not sure it is just too expensive to fix that in New york. Also, on their website, they show stoves and microwaves, one would expect some coffee cups or a coffee maker or even, since they show a stove and microwave, some thing like a pan or a plate. hen i inquired, they said those were stolen hence no need to have them replaced. How about they keep them in the admin office and hand them to whoever need them with an agreement that they will be returned at the end of the stay? generally, it was a nice stay except those small things that can make a difference

Room Tip: Keep doing what you are doing
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I book a room at agoda.com for this hotel. But when I arrived there, the manager just told me there were no rooms. But the booking fees have already been taken. Then the manager recommended another hotel to me, which is 25 blocks away! The worse thing is when we departed for the recommended hotel, a man after us met the same problem with Morningside Inn. It seems the hotel sends guests to other hotels every day!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zidane89
Patrick A, Manager at Morningside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

The booking system we have in place is just fine, we had a small problem with same day bookings that was made from Agoda that interfered with the days bookings. We did our best to smooth out the situation we pay the difference plus pay for the cab we did everything to make this difficult situation better for our customers and we apologize for the mishap, compensation was made

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Bathroom had hot showers and didn't ever have to wait more than 5 minutes for one if them to open up.
There are a number of local restaurants near by and a couple minutes walk to metro.
We enjoyed having a light breakfast at Absolute Bagel which is just right around the corner. Great bagels and very popular with the locals.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I got bitten by bedbugs in room 511, but luckily it happened on the last day we were staying there so I got them poisoned in next hotel. Or at least I hope so.

I sent an email to the hotel but didnt receive any response regarding this matter.

BAGS LOST
My bags were lost during the trip to NYC and were delivered to the hotel. However nobody said that they had arrived and when questioning they said nothing has come. On the second last day I asked after having called to airport luggage department, the lady at the desk found the goods. They were behind the door she was sitting. At the very same corridor she has to go through to get his office? Actually I dont know did I lose something, but if I did it was maximum of 200 USD, since I am not completely sure how much money did I have in my luggage.

LOCATION
Hotel has good location and the rooms look clean but as stated before I got bedbugs and had to go Home depot to get the poison and spend 4 hours poisoning them.

THE ROOM
I got a two bed room and it was ok considering the price but the heating systems sound is like the sound of 1980's vacuum cleaner which would start hoovering once per hour. The thing gives steam all over the room and you dont want to have your hand touch that thing while sleeping. The beds were mediocre, a bit old and too soft for me.

OTHER FACILITIES
The communal shower was clean at all times.

THE STAFF
Cleaning personel was very nice and clerks at desk were nice as well. Personally I would take seriously bed bug issue as they are nasty creatures and ruin the hotel's reputation (and because of this I have to give only one point for cleanliness . For me that is big no no and thus cannot return ever to this hotel. And I got no response to email.

WOULD I COME AGAIN
Unfortunately not. Had it not been bed bugs, then I would have said yes since I can sleep regardless of medium level noice and the location is nice as it it close to subway stations. Internet didnt work at any time at rooms even if supposed but then again in the lobby I got the most of the bandwidth and could easily read emails.

1  Thank Cthulhulives
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Room Tip: Take heed to the above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 191Honesty
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Clean room and clean bath room. The place is near subway, supermarket and easy find halal food. Near to central park and hanson riverside park. Small room no AC and no TV. For sleep and bath only ....