“Good Location”

Ranked #287 of 467 Hotels in New York City
centralnewyork
“Good Location”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Location was great for all the walking one does in NYC. Breakfast included, good way to hit the streets.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank likestogo62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Great location for the Thanksgiving parade - not far from Times Square. Close to the subway and Rockefeller Center. Room was good size, had two double beds for my adult daughter and I. Bathroom was nice too, had a heated floor. Price was definitely not bad for New York. Staff was good - no complaints. Breakfast was ok. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The hotel in itself was nice, for starters the location was amazing. But unfortunately there was certain things that the hotel did that completely ruined our holiday.

The way we had booked the hotel was so that when we arrive, we would be paying off the full balance then. I tried to pay with my card but for some reason the card was not going through, so I said no worries tomorrow I will be withdrawing the money cash and giving it to you. I paid the majority of the reservation by cash and the remainder with card. The new person at the desk must have not told the person that was there the night before that we had already paid the full balance of the reservation and so this particular person decided to help themselves to using my card. I was completely oblivious to this, it only came to my attention when I went shopping and came to buy something and found that I did not have enough money. It was extremely embaressing.

I went back to our room and had a look at my online banking and saw that the hotel had decided to put through 4 TRANSACTIONS WITHIN THE SPACE OF 4 MINUTES. The total amount was for $400 (which was the remaining amount of the hotel bill we decided to pay by card)

I went downstairs and gave them a piece of my mind. To start with, the money which they had taken from us, we had already paid the day before. By the morning after the first night, we had paid off the whole bill in total how DARE they use my card and help themselves to money and what makes it worse is that it was FOUR TRANSACTIONS meaning they tried it the first time and saw it went through so continued to try and take some more out. on top of that. They had taken an extra $145 for absolutely no reason what so ever. Secondly, they had used my card WITHOUT CONSENT. These transactions had taken place 11:48pm I'm sure there is elements of legal issues that come into place, and as a hotel this is appalling behaviour.

After a bit of a shouting match, they returned my money back to me in cash, but this completely ruined our holiday. To top things off we had a little friend visit us in our room which had nibbled a hole in my four year old daughter's coat to try and get to the hershey's kisses that was in there. They changed our room and upgraded us for free. It was a real shame because I couldn't enjoy it properly. It was our first time to the states and to be honest I could not wait to get back. One word of advise, MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT KEEP YOUR CARD DETAILS.

Apart from that, the staff were quite nice apart from one lady who is the duty manager there. Her attitude absolutely stank. I think her name was Ella.
The breakfast was really nice as well and the breakfast staff was an absolute gem, it really is a shame about the rest.

Room Tip: Fully inspect it. Especially the bathrooms.
1 Thank Tiana B
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Great hotel. Excellent location. Very comfortable, clean and convenient. We loved our stay in New York City ... the first time for my friend and I. When we come next time to NYC, we will definitely stay there again. The hotel was perfect for us. From its central location, we walked as far north as Central Park and to the Met and Guggenheim and as far south as the Empire State Building. It was easy to get to the theatre district for evening shows. Rockefeller Plaza and Fifth Avenue were close by. Excellent Wifi in the room. Didn't have time to care about the view, though our room was in front and looked out on a park. Very nice doorman helped us to get a ride to JFK Airport on a busy Friday night. Nice little bar on 2nd floor. It was great!

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I must agree with the majority of reviews I have read here. It's not cheap, but nowhere is New York is. For the price, you get a good, central location, breakfast included (my son was delighted with the doughnuts), wifi, and friendly, helpful staff. We would stay here again.

2 Thank Clancy592
Bournemouth
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was good value for a New York hotel. Still very expensive compared with London and more expensive than luxury hotel in Washington. Luxury could not describe this hotel but it was clean, large twin beds were very comfortable and had all amenities. Very good location near Times Square but in a quieter street. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast included and can help selves to hot drinks anytime. Our room had no daylight but was not too noisy.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed here on a family trip with my mom, sister, and nephew. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was great. Very spacious for the 4 of us and comfortable for the small amount of time we were there. No great view, it's not the biggest room I've ever stayed in, but its clean and the staff were helpful Continental breakfast was nothing special, but about the same quality as other free breakfasts. The best thing about this place was the location! Near Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Fifth Ave, and a short walk to subway stations made it convenient for almost everything we did on the trip. Great price for all that was included in this hotel. I will recommend it to friends and search there for future trips to NYC.