“My visit to New York”

Ranked #282 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lebanon
“My visit to New York”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This is my first visit to New York and I stayed for three weeks at The Hotel at Times Square,it was a nice place with a great location close to everything.Our room was really big but if only it had a view,everything else was fine.I wish breakfast had variations it was almost the same everyday.I liked staying at this hotel and I will come again to stay when I visit New York again

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Breakfast was good, plenty for all tastes, set you up for the day. Free hot drinks in the lobby were a welcome idea. The location is perfect for everything. Also the ladies shop next door is brilliant. Its not 5 star but who stays in thier room? We would reccomend it and definatly stay there again.

1 Thank k8tthy
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The visit was very positive!
1)good breakfasts - apples, bananas, porridge
2)placed in the city center - 5 minutes walk to the Time Square / Rockefeller centre / MoMA
3)be afraid of eggs for breakfast

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Where do I start. First room they gave us, the heater didn't work. The second day we were locked out of our room for 30 minutes because the battery in the lock was dead. I took my wife to the bar to have a couple drinks and the whole floor was saturated with the smell of marijuana(very embarassing). The electric outlet wouldn't hold the plug and it kept falling out of the socket(actually shorted out my wife's hair straightener). The light in the bathroom went out and was never replaced even after telling the front desk. Worse of all, after requesting 1 day compensation for all my troubles I was denied saying that the light was fine, the keys didn't work because metal detectors deactivated them(We were give new keys that didn't work as well and I saw the maintenance man replace the battery in the lock), and never received service on the outlet. Not to mention how offended I am that I paid close to $500.00 for 3 days stay and can't even get proper heating, lighting, electricity, and access to my room. We were offered late checkout which was no help considering our flight left at 1:00pm. I understand things happen but A LOT of things happened and I expect to be compensated for such issues that affected our vacation. Every day we was there was affected by something wrong. I would strongly recommend staying at a different hotel. This hotel is the worst I have stayed at.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go to a different hotel.
1 Thank jzwhat
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear jzwhat,
Thank you for your review. We’re surprised that your stay was not up to standards. We understand that a wide variety of little issues such as these can ruin your time with us. However, as we noted in our direct correspondence, everything that you brought to our attention was fixed during your stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience they caused for you and your wife.
The majority of our guests are very happy and satisfied with their stay with us and do not have any of the issues you mentioned. Again, we do apologize for any and all inconveniences during your stay.
We hope you will give us another chance in the future. We provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a great value.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we stayed her for the new year it was clean and warm and close to all the tourist attractions, the room was basic but as you are only there to sleep it was ideal for us the bed was comfortable and a great shower / bath , we were on the second floor close to the bar but we didn't hear any loud noises it was ok , the breakfast was continental but got very busy there was free Wi-Fi so was ideal to contact home we found the staff friendly there is a desk where they have local attractions and where you can get your tickets they also can arrange your transfer to the airport a lot cheaper $22 per person we paid $80 from Newark airport so we were happy with $44 to get back if we went to New York again we would stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 11 January 2014

An efficient, business hotel at a great location. The rooms are comfortable although the waiting time for the lift to the higher floors is a bit of a pain. Breakfast is basic but with several eating options close to the hotel, it's not an issue. I would certainly return for a stay here!

Room Tip: Choose the lower floors!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location. We were on the 6th floor, room was a good size and clean. The shower was great. Toilet dudfnt flush properly as the handle kept getting stuck. Breakfast is served on the lower floor and can be quite busy. It runs until 10am but we lingered over coffee and at 10.15 the waiter was quite aggressively asking us to leave! Not very friendly..

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift, we keep getting bags banging against our door.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple