The Hotel at Times Square
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$239
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
US$473
US$401
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$516
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$219
US$187
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$261
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$112
  • Breakfast included
3,717 results
All reviewsbagelstimes squaregreat locationfree breakfastnew yorkrockefeller centerboiled eggsrooftop barbreakfast roomfire escapebudget hotelwould definitely stay here againradio city music hallaround the cornertwo blockscentral parkfifth avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Second time to NYC, first time was Econolodge (small but very clean and friendly staff) There was no availability on our return trip. So we booked The Hotel. At first I was hesitant, but when we arrived we were provided with exceptional service. We checked in early and they immediately had a room for us. It was very clean and larger than we expected, the concierge was very nice, informative and helpful. The complimentary breakfast included was good for what it was a morning snack, there was cereal, donuts, juice, coffee and bagels and yogurt as well. There was also a fresh water machine, where we filled up our water bottles on a regular basis during our stay.

When we were leaving (flight was at 8 pm, we were provided a place to store our luggage and the concierge booked a cab for us. (Not only a regular yellow cab, but a SUV Lincoln Navigator, we were impressed.

Overall we would recommend this place to anyone, good value and good service. I just hope that the positive reviews this place gets won't result in higher accommodation fees.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

we choose the hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, arrived around 11pm and were sent to the DIRTIEST room we have ever seen, somewhere on the 1st floor (133?). We asked for a different room and were told that there's no other availability until the following morning. It was a horrible experience. Everything from the stench in the room, to the dirty doors, dirty shower, slimy carpet, stained torn towels, stained sheets, old furniture, loud neighbors.. SLIMY!! We asked for new towels at least. They were sent up after 2 calls and those two were torn and grayish..
The following morning we were given a room on the 5th floor. This one was decently clean and we spent the 3 remaining nights there. Location is good.
Don't expect smiles, apologies, politeness. Customer service is apparently not included. Be ready for anything and hope for a decent room. Or just pay a bit more and choose a place that can offer you a clean bed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Specialist at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Dear GoAround7,
Thank you for your feedback! We are extremely surprised by your feedback as cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us. Our housekeepers ay very close attention to cleanliness. We are deeply surprised to hear that you found our furniture to be old as our hotel was recently renovated with brand new high quality contemporary furniture including flat screen TVs. Our staff is also trained on a continuous basis to be as helpful and pleasant as possible. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize if you feel like the room was not clean, and the staff was unpleasant. Please be sure that your feedback is very important to us to improve our service and we will definitely take the necessary steps to make sure no other guest feel that way too.
The overwhelming majority of our customers are very happy and satisfied with their experience and we hope that if you choose to stay with us again in the future your experience will be a happy one too.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2010

I booked for 3 nights, before flying back to Europe. As the previous review, I too requested a non-smoking and didn't notice it was confirmed "on request". When I arrived I was given a SMELLY smoking room and when I complained the girl at the front desk was very unfriendly and unpleasant and told me I got what I reserved: a smoking room.
I sent a complaint to easyToBook, online agency that merged with Booking.com, and the following day I received a reply apologizing for the inconvenience. Casually, the same day I was given a NON SMOKING room ... A pity the air condition didn't work properly, suddenly made a lot of noise, and it woke me up at 4 am.
The following morning I told the same girl at the front desk to advise maintenance ... when I came back at 5 pm nothing had been done. Called again the front desk, there was another receptionist who sent immediately somebody to look at the problem. I was told that the machine was broken and should be replaced with a new one. Asked to do so after I went out at 6.30 pm. Don't know what they did ... when I came back at midnight the noise was continuous. That's why I had to change room twice in 2 days.

I was really looking forward to leave this awful hotel, a former SUPER 8 motel remodeled (???) 2 years ago. Although it is very central and convenient, it is not worth the money it cost (nearly 200$ per night) considering the bad service and the rude attitude of some front desk employees. Besides there are only 2 lifts for the two 12 floors towers (one for each), the breakfast is served in a messy room in the basement (no lift will take you there, must go down the stairs) and need some fantasy to call it "continental breakfast".
If you can, STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Fate06

Dear Fate06,
We received your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us. Your feedback is very helpful to us in order to better our services. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel! We try our very best to make sure that our guests are comfortable during their stay and are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our front desk staff. Our staff is trained to continually improve the quality of the service and to be as helpful as possible. As mentioned in our previous management response, for reservations made through third-party websites, you can only request non-smoking rooms but this request is not guaranteed. However, if you make reservations directly with Apple Core Hotels, you will have the option to select a non-smoking room, which will be guaranteed. Unfortunately, even people who smoke usually also request non-smoking rooms because they prefer to stay in a room with no smell. We try our best to accommodate every request but we hope you understand that sometimes, we do not have non-smoking rooms left. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.
Please accept our apologies again and we do hope you will consider us again for your travel plans in the future.
Thank you!

Reviewed 29 August 2010

We booked our queen room on the hotel website. The room description said non-smoking, however, the fine print underneath said "non-smoking room available on request." I of course did not notice this tiny detail, tucked away at the bottom of the second page, buried underneath the other amenities of the room. Upon arriving to a smoke-smelling room, we immediate requested a room change. The employees at the desk, who seemed to disdain speaking with us, stated that no non-smoking rooms were available and instead of offering an apology , blamed me for not noticing the fine print. Ouch. It was clear to me that this "misunderstanding" had happened before, and that the hotel's solution has been to point out the fine print to their guests and wash their hands of the situation.
To top it off, the room was immediately across a narrow hallway from the elevator, so we heard everyone loudly returning to their room until early into the morning.
It's a shame. The hotel has a nice continental breakfast and good location, but the service we received and their bizarre website that does not clearly indicate if the room is smoking or non-smoking make it impossible to recommend. We will not return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2010

Dear pmgrah:

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor! We are very surprised about your comments: when you make a reservation on the hotel’s website through Apple Core Hotels, all reservations for non-smoking rooms are guaranteed. We also don’t have the mention about “non-smoking rooms available on request” on our website or on our confirmation emails. In fact, our website specifically allows room selection based on smoking or non-smoking. Most likely, you made your reservation through a third-party website. If there is such a mention, it means that the room type will be requested but not guaranteed. Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced with our front desk staff. Our staff is trained to be as helpful as possible and we are very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied. Please rest assured that we will take the necessary steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Please accept again our sincerest apologies and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again!

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 August 2010

I was very very disappointed with this hotel. We stayed 3 days at this hotel, the FIRST NIGHT we couldn't sleep AT ALL, there was a demolition truck across the street that did their job in the middle of the night (until around 3 AM in the morning). I spoke to the front desk the next morning, requesting to change the room, they said that there was no other room, the hotel was full booked. I told the front desk that if you have empty room, please call me. In the afternoon I again called the front desk, and they keep saying there was no other room available, so we ended up sleeping at the same room. It was horrible!. The SECOND NIGHT, we barely can sleep again. The next morning, I again spoke to the front desk, and one of the customer asked if I already packed my stuff. I said to him that I haven't packed my stuff because we were ready to start out tour, and they didn't even bothered to call me and let me know in advance if there was an empty room (It was around 10 AM and we are ready to start our tour ( Me and my husband brought our 2 year old daughter)), I didn't want to go upstairs again and wasting our time, so I told them that I will speak to the manager later on.

I called the manager around 5 pm explaining all the situation asking her to adjust the price because we couldn't even have any other room beside the noisy room for 2 days. She said that the noise is out of her control,and she blamed me that I didn't packed my stuff this morning and moved to another room. Furthermore she told me that noisy is very common in NY and it is very different to where I live in country side (PLS NOTE THAT I LIVE IN L.A. and MY HOUSE IS AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAJOR CROSS STREET).

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, ABSOLUTELY NOT A HOTEL FOR SINGLE, FAMILY OR EVERYONE.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

Dear melL2904:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your stay at our hotel! We reviewed records of your stay and it seems that you were checked in a room with 2 beds overlooking 46th street on 8/16/10 for 3 nights. After the 1st night, you informed the front desk about the noise from outside. In order to alleviate your situation our front desk associate requested you to pack your bags in order to move you to another room away from the street that would not have been as susceptible to outside noise. At 12.00 noon, as we were trying to accommodate your room change request, we realized that you had not packed your belongings and as a result we couldn’t move you to another room. Later, at about 7 pm when you came back to the front office requesting to be moved we, unfortunately, could not accommodate you as there were no rooms with 2 beds. We realize that ambient noise sometimes exceeds individual tolerance levels but as a hotel in the heart of midtown Manhattan, it is often not possible to limit those noise levels. Nevertheless, our Manager did offer to move you the next day. Regardless, we sincerely apologize if you were not satisfied with our customer service. We do value your business and we hope we will have another chance to serve you better in the future.

Thank you again!