9 people are viewing this hotel
Algotels
£199
Jayne P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Fabulous few days in wonderful hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Sept 2019
Well I can't speak highly enough of the wonderful service and excellent location of the Westin. My early emails requesting a high level room were taken on board and we had an amazing view of the Empire State building 😁... Rooms were so spacious for the 3 of us and the staff were so obliging to help.
2 minutes to Times Square ...15 to the Empire State and the Circle Line cruises....oh and near to excellent diners for pancakes 😋😋....
Overall a fantastic holiday for myself, my mum and my son..3 generations enjoying the amazing sights and sounds of New York 😁
Date of stay: September 2019Trip type: Travelled with family
Pool
2.5 miles from The Westin New York at Times Square
View more hotels in New York City
4,150 results
All reviews times square new york great location corner room hudson river per day higher floor port authority an upgrade mini bar the empire state building central location around the corner street noise foundry nyc subway
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2019

Had a great experience. This hotel was near everything in Time Square, enjoyed the TopView tour that had pick up and drop off right outside this hotel. A lot of shopping and restaurants nearby. Awesome girls trip!

2  Thank Sonia R
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2019

Dear 416soniar,

It was a pleasure welcoming you and your friends to The Westin New York At Times Square. We are pleased you found our location to be perfect for your plans. Our landmark hotel in the heart of Broadway is within walking distance of 40 theatres and world-famous shops and restaurants. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2019

Hotel is in a very good location for those visiting Times Square, it is just across the road from Port Authority Bus Terminal so easily reached by Subway.

Very close to the centre of Times Square itself so that’s a bonus

A few down points are

1 unless you are a Marriott member the room WiFi isn’t free
2 No fridge in the room for storing cold drinks/food
3 The pre-authorise your credit/debit card even if you book as a package deal where its all pre-payed for and the amount varies from what I have seen on here and it says pending payment on your account for a very long time (been a week and a half for me and still not come off)

Would definitely stay again though

1  Thank Paul O
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2019

Dear Paul O,

Thank you for the generous review of The Westin New York at Times Square. We are glad you had an energizing and fulfilling stay and that you loved our connection to Port Authority Bus Station for reaching many attractions of our thriving city. However, we regret your disappointment with our chargeable internet. We would also like to inform you that it will take a while for the refund, meanwhile, you may reach out to our front desk for any further clarification. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this property for 2 nights. The hotel is nicely located in Times Square area and the staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was decently equipped.
Also tried the Foundry bar which was nice

My colleagues tried buffet breakfast but found it too expensive considering the spread. they also do not serve La Carte in breakfast which was a turnoff.

Overall a good property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank warrioraks
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Dear warrioraks,

Thank you for choosing The Westin New York at Times Square. We are glad you had a revitalizing stay and that you liked our vibrant location, devoted associates, and inspired guestrooms. We are also happy to read you had an enriching experience at Foundry bar. However, we regret your colleagues found our breakfast prices to be a bit high. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you all back soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2019

My sisters and I booked one night for our younger sisters birthday weekend in New York. Check in and out were quick and easy, the staff was pleasant and accommodating. I like that the $30 resort fee is given to you as a credit to use for food/beverages in the hotel. We used that money for our pre going out snacks. The location is awesome! Only thing for me was we booked our room thought Priceline and I prepaid. When we went to check out, I was charged a second time. The lady at the front desk realized the mistake and said she would fix it but I left with $950 on hold for my one night. The charges from Priceline have cleared but I still have $550 on hold from the Westin; $150 for incidentals and then the $400 that she accidentally charged me with no clue of when my money will be released. Other than that no complaints.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank aprice319
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2019

Dear aprice319,

Thank you for making The Westin New York at Times Square a part of your sister's birthday celebration. We are glad you had a rejuvenating stay and that you loved our invigorating location. We are especially happy to read you found our resort fee to be good value and that you were impressed with the service provided by our devoted associates. We would also like to inform you that it will take a while for the refund, meanwhile, you may reach out to our front desk for any further clarification. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights cannot fault the actual hotel only gripe I have is the concierge wasn’t up to much in my opinion. Asked best place to go shopping away from the silly Times Square prices and wanted a shopping mall for various things. He sent us to a store called centur21 which turned out to be basically a very shabby TK Max. Cost us $40 in a taxi to get there only to find no shopping mall just this store. Only thing that saved the afternoon was that it was very close to ground zero so wasn’t a complete waste of time. His other recommendation for a good steakhouse on the night turned out to be a rather expensive spot not that this would bother me if the service and food was up to the price but did fall a little short on both. If I had known beforehand would have gone to somewhere like keens for the same money. He was able to book a table at bobby vans within seconds from his desk which makes me think he is mabe on commission. Other than this great stay and great location would definitely stay again but not take advice from the concierge.

1  Thank dunckiddy69
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2019

Dear dunckiddy69,

Thank you for the review of The Westin New York At Times Square. We are glad you had a rejuvenating stay and that you liked our invigorating location. However, we regret that our associate's recommendations were not to your satisfaction, and we are sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered due to this. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you better in the future.