“Great show”
Review of Once - A New Musical - CLOSED

Once - A New Musical
More attraction details
Owner description: Once is the celebrated new musical based on the Academy Award-winning film. It tells the story of an Irish musician and a Czech immigrant drawn together by their shared love of music. Over the course of one fateful week, their unexpected friendship and collaboration evolves into a powerful but complicated romance, heightened by the raw emotion of the songs they create together. Brought to the stage by an award-winning team of visionary artists and featuring an ensemble cast of gifted actor/musicians, once is a musical celebration of life and love: thrilling in its originality, daring in its honesty... and unforgettable in every way.
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

I can not wait to see the show again. Yes story is nothing special but the live music and singing is 2nd to none. Bravo.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I found this show and its reviews to be rather hyped up. The cast were wonderful and the main actor "Ian Lake" has a commanding and beautiful voice but the story lane was juvenile and the jokes lame. I was expecting more of the vibrant celtic music but the songs were slow and boring. We went for the late evening show and I found it hard to, not fall asleep

4  Thank vinsha
Reviewed 6 May 2015

We are avid theatre goers, and have seen every major show to come through Toronto for the last 20 years. This was a major disappointment. While the cast were all wonderful musicians and great singers, the story was lame, insipid, and so slow at times we thought the cast had forgotten their lines. Anything we would have paid for the tickets would have been too much.

5  Thank YaleHJ
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I saw it twice and loved it! The music was original and beautiful. The voices are outstanding and the characters are strong and well played.
It's tugs at your heartstrings!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2015

This musical was very entertaining and we enjoyed it. Confusing was that two of our tickets online were 24.00 each and the other two were 129.00 each?? We were only two rows apart? Anyway, we would have paid 129.00 each for all four. At first it sounded like a Cape Breton Kitchen party with fiddle music and that was disturbing, even though we live there. I was beginning to regret our decision. (Hate Cape Breton fiddle music). The musical started and we fell in love with the characters, the music and the story. I saw both men and women crying all around us and I was drawn to a tear or two. Sure nobody will win an academy award, but that's not what it's all about, the actors were great and received a loud, deserving, standing ovation. My only complaint were the rude yappy people behind us who were entirely incapable of shutting up throughout the show, or the people whose cell phones were ringing. Would recommend the show to anyone.

1  Thank jackaranda1