“Loved it!”

The Wall Street Inn
Ranked #274 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We've stayed in many, many NYC hotels and this is definitely one of the best. It's in an excellent location and has a charm that most other hotels lack. We were upgraded to a king room which was huge, as was the bathroom. Everything was immaculate. The staff were friendly and the free NY Times, coffee and cookies a nice touch. Breakfast was very good, contrary to some reviews. Bagels, croissants, pastries, cereals and even boiled eggs were plentiful. Sure, you can get a more authentic breakfast out, but if you're eating big meals in the evenings and don't have a huge appetite in the morning, why bother? The only criticism, which is why we haven't given an 'excellent' rating, is the air-conditioning which wouldn't go lower than 68f and kept cutting out, causing peaks and troughs in the temperature.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I found a good rate over Presidents weekend for a quick getaway with my wife and two kids. Clean, comfortable, with a nice breakfast included in the price. The garage across the street has discounted overnight parking. What we liked best was that it felt like we weren't even in New York anymore - the cobblestone streets, the older buildings -- it was a real treat. I'd recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jfoxesq
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Spent a weekend here late Feb/early March. Free continental breakfast, 'large' rooms by NY standards which are also very clean. Building is a bit dated but not a concern since the price is right. Location is smack dab in the middle of Wall Street (hence the name) however if you're looking for more action on a weekend staying uptown rather than downtown is probably preferred! This hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from the Battery Park subway stop and is really quiet on the weekends since most people spend their weekends uptown.
Great location, decently priced, with a free breakfast - will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Studentdoc
Reviewed 15 April 2014

When I booked this (at a great rate) I was worried we'd be a bit isolated but the subway is very near and quick to virtually everywhere we wanted to go (The Met, Times Square, Chinatown, Brooklyn).
The room was huge by New York standards with plenty of storage room and a very nice bathroom, I enjoyed the breakfast too, not a huge selection but lots of fresh bread/bagels and really nice coffee too.
Some very good bars nearby (The Growler) but we didn't hear any noise from them and we were on the second floor.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank derekoneill_13
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I first noticed this hotel last summer when we were visiting Stone Street, and promised myself I would stay here one day. I can imagine that one might have some noise if you are facing Stone Street in the summer, but I can say in the winter, it is great. The weekend specials made this a great value and a wonderful experience. I am so glad we chose this location. It is a quick walk to the subway, lots of eating and drinking nearby, and we really enjoyed exploring around Battery Park and the Financial district. My daughter and I found the staff helpful but not over intrusive. I loved having tea available, along with a few breakfast choices. I would certainly choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alian5
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We were in for one night, Sunday, to visit our two children. Stayed here for the location near Seaport. It was old fashioned feel, which was nice for a change. Convenient parking garage across the street which takes validation for a slight discount. Continental breakfast was good. The room was very comfortable and happy they upgraded our bed to a king without asking for it even though we got a reasonable deal through hotels.com The only problem was the clanging of bottles and cans which I assume was the recycling crew going through that kept my husband awake for a couple of hours so he says. It did not wake me up. Don't know if he will want to return there. Maybe not on a Sunday?

Room Tip: Just ask to not be on the front side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank connois
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We found a great deal online on the weekend that makes a huge difference in the cost for this boutique hotel in the Financial District. If you can get this for $145, it is an exceptional deal. It is very close to the Wall Street subway stop, many restaurants and historic sites in Lower Manhattan. Our room was large by NYC standards, very clean and the bed pillows are as nice as any I've seen in any hotel. The breakfast includes fresh pastries and hard boiled eggs. The bagels are excellent and the coffee is good and strong, unlike many hotels. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, as we looked for restaurants in the area on St. Patrick's Day weekend. If you drive into the city, there is a car park directly across from the hotel and the hotel arranged a $35 per day charge, good for Manhattan. This is a great weekend buy!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple