“location location”

Ranked #153 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Trinidad
“location location”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

i usually stay at the andaz 5th ave but decided to try this hotel for a weekend business trip. the welcome upon check-in could have been better but the rest of my stay was very pleasant and staff was courteous.

the room was a decent size, clean, nice Tv, modern. Towels looked a bit worn. i stayed on the 26th floor and the elevators do take a while to go up and down but that's mainly in the morning when everyone in the hotel is going to the breakfast buffet. the buffet is managed well: a nice selection of items, the hostess is good at seating everyone, u can take stuff back to ur room.

the best thing about the hotel for me is the location. its really close to herald square, excellent steakhouse next door as well as a pretty neat deli open everyday for breakfast,lunch and dinner. proximity to 5th and 6th make transport really easy and plenty dining options.

Room Tip: choose a lower floor since the elevator is kinda slow
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in New York Hyatt Place for two nights, and got bitten by bedbug all over my arm and legs. This is my second bedbug story with Hyatt Place. The first time was the Hyatt Place in Sugarland, Texas. I guess both experience is signaling that the Hyatt Place is having serious hygiene issue.

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank Luna M
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located in mid-town only 1 block from Herald Square. The lobby is clean and bright. The rooms are clean, modern and very spacious for a NYC hotel (we had 2 adults and 2 children in the room). Breakfast was included in the room rate. The breakfast was terrific...a great selection of hot and cold items...sweet, savory and healthy. The breakfast room attendants are very good, the trays were kept stocked and the food was fresh. The front desk staff was very friendly and had several good recommendations for restaurants. Parking is extra but it is on the same street, very convenient and reasonably priced. The hotel gives you everything you need for a short trip to NYC. A great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Overall, I was very pleased with the Hyatt Place. I thought the staff made an extra effort to be helpful. Their continental breakfast is exceptional. The rooms were comfortable - big enough to move around in. I was happy they offered food for lunch/dinner. I didn't feel like going out for lunch, but a cup of chili tided me over until dinner. Note: we had a loud intermittent noise in our room and determined it was perhaps the heater in the bathroom. Close the bathroom door when you go to bed.

Room Tip: If you want a view of something, make sure to ask for it. It wasn't important to me as I was th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MA
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I each booked a room from our respective Hyatt accounts. We asked in advance for the rooms to be on an upper floor, next to each other. The room in my name was for my elderly mother.

My mother's room was already occupied, and we walked in on someone's suitcase, shopping bags, etc. We hauled our luggage back down to the front desk, and at first, were told that they couldn't give us two new rooms on the same floor. They finally found rooms on a lower floor.

When we entered the new room, the phone was ringing. It was the front desk asking for me. I thought they had called to apologize. Instead, after I identified myself, they next asked for Mr. ___, who was apparently the person whose room we had walked into a while earlier. I said again that I did not know him, and that he was not part of my party, and they said that they just wanted to get to the bottom of what had happened.(!) Apparently, my telling them that I didn't know this person a few minutes ago had not been not sufficient.

The rooms at this hotel are nice, but the staff needs to be trained so that if they do make a major error, they blame them themselves, and not their guest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shamrock08
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November! From check in to check out we received great service and encountered a very courteous and friendly staff. We are platinum members and although they couldn't give us a room on a high floor we did have a room overlooking 36th street. We enjoy people watching so it was a plus! We were also given a coupon for 2 free cocktails at the bar. Very nice amenity! The room was smaller than other hotels that we have stayed at BUT the location was super! Better location than the LEX 48 that we stayed at last year. It was an adequate room none the less--bathroom was a good size and clean and the couch was a nice addition. The breakfast was a nice and easy way to grab something to eat..lots of choices and average quality of food. It was Free so its hard to complain about that. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Street are a fun way to view NYC!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I do not have a lot of NYC hotels to compare, but if you're looking for 1. Good price, 2. Comfortable room, 3. Good service, this hotel knocks it out of the ballpark.

The rooms were spacious for a NYC hotel room (see: had king bed, closet, and even a desk and couch). The furniture was tight and it wasn't huge, but it was exactly what was needed. I appreciated the mini fridge, and the amenities were spot on. Great beds...and what surprised me the most, VERY little street noise. We were in room 1001, 10th floor of I think 24/25 floors...next time, I'll ask for a higher level in hopes of a better view, but we were not in NYC for the hotel. We merely needed a comfortable, well-located, good priced hotel -- with a great location to everything, and this was exactly it. I am continuously impressed by Hyatt and Hyatt Places, I hope they give the staff a raise for their helpful and kind demeanor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple