“Nice place”

Ranked #157 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice place”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Kevin at front desk was so helpful when I arrived and throughout the entire stay. He was my favorite front desk helper and the most professional. Needed dirctions andDulce was very rushed to tell me directions and didn't feel like I got best directions other than handing me map. Sunday day the doorman in black suit and red tie was texting and not helping people with suitcases in front struggling. He was also in the breakfast area texting away throughout the morning. This is unprofessional. Mr. Khan, kitechn manager - Goes Extra Mile for customers and truly understands customer service. He was always helpful and smiling and very hospitable. Hotel is in good area and can walk to Macy's and other stores nearby. No taxi's drive down this street but you can walk block or two to get taxi's. The front desk coordinated driver to airport which was nice when we left. I liked the breakfast options. Nice place and I will come again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Clinton, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I arrived a few hours before check-in after walking a short distance from Penn Station. I was able to get into my room early with no problem at all. The staff was helpful and courteous throughout my stay. The room was small (which I liked) and the layout and furniture were perfect for the space. I arrived at breakfast right at 10 and the selection was still good and hot. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jclarey
Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February. Staff was really nice. Especially Michelle and Raul who went out of their way to help us. Wifi is great, which is rare in NYC. Rooms are decent size. No real downside discovered. Style is not exactly my taste but that is the euro vs US thing.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time! It was a perfect location in midtown. Rooms are very clean. Hot breakfast was always busy but a great start to the day! Staff was great! Front desk was helpful, in particular Raul. He gave us directions for the subway, helped with luggage, and always asked about our day. He is definitely a key to success at the hyatt place! The whole staff was very friendly and ensured that we were enjoying our time in NYC. we will be returning there again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location was great. HOTEL Rooms nicely decorated..we stayed at 23rd floor, and had a nice city view..breakfast was wonderful to start the day..5 min walking distance to bryntpark 10 min to times square and broadway..there are very nice pub and restaurants just next to the hotel..starbucks was around the corder..2 min walking distance to macys..

Room Tip: Select at the upper floors if possible
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yaprak S
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past year. Every time I stay I am treated royally by the staff. This week it was Dolce for check in and Raul with bags and car service. They really seem to care that my stay and experience is exceptional. The location is perfect with the subway right around the corner, Macy's 1 block away, many places to eat. I will continue to book my stays at this hotel. Thank you Hyatt Place!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The staff is great at this hotel. From check-in with Dolce, to help with bags and car service with Raul, service was excellent. They seem to really care about making things easy for their guests. I will continue to make this my home away from home when working in Manhattan. Thank you Hyatt Place!