“Great business stay!”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #152 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I recently stayed at this Hyatt Place for a business trip and it was great! I usually stay at Hyatt properties, as I believe they have a fantastic loyalty rewards program with the Hyatt Gold Passport. The location of this property was great--right in the heart of Midtown!

Although the internet was a bit slow, I checked with the front desk and they were ever so helpful and had someone check it out right away. The breakfast in the morning was a great feature too.

The service was outstanding. I'd like to give props to Raul, who was super friendly and helpful during my stay. He helped with my luggage, along with hail cabs when I needed them. Overall, the staff was great and it really helps to stay at a place that you know you'll be taken care of.

I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Kevin at front desk was so helpful when I arrived and throughout the entire stay. He was my favorite front desk helper and the most professional. Needed dirctions andDulce was very rushed to tell me directions and didn't feel like I got best directions other than handing me map. Sunday day the doorman in black suit and red tie was texting and not helping people with suitcases in front struggling. He was also in the breakfast area texting away throughout the morning. This is unprofessional. Mr. Khan, kitechn manager - Goes Extra Mile for customers and truly understands customer service. He was always helpful and smiling and very hospitable. Hotel is in good area and can walk to Macy's and other stores nearby. No taxi's drive down this street but you can walk block or two to get taxi's. The front desk coordinated driver to airport which was nice when we left. I liked the breakfast options. Nice place and I will come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I arrived a few hours before check-in after walking a short distance from Penn Station. I was able to get into my room early with no problem at all. The staff was helpful and courteous throughout my stay. The room was small (which I liked) and the layout and furniture were perfect for the space. I arrived at breakfast right at 10 and the selection was still good and hot. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jclarey
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February. Staff was really nice. Especially Michelle and Raul who went out of their way to help us. Wifi is great, which is rare in NYC. Rooms are decent size. No real downside discovered. Style is not exactly my taste but that is the euro vs US thing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time! It was a perfect location in midtown. Rooms are very clean. Hot breakfast was always busy but a great start to the day! Staff was great! Front desk was helpful, in particular Raul. He gave us directions for the subway, helped with luggage, and always asked about our day. He is definitely a key to success at the hyatt place! The whole staff was very friendly and ensured that we were enjoying our time in NYC. we will be returning there again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location was great. HOTEL Rooms nicely decorated..we stayed at 23rd floor, and had a nice city view..breakfast was wonderful to start the day..5 min walking distance to bryntpark 10 min to times square and broadway..there are very nice pub and restaurants just next to the hotel..starbucks was around the corder..2 min walking distance to macys..

Room Tip: Select at the upper floors if possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yaprak S
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past year. Every time I stay I am treated royally by the staff. This week it was Dolce for check in and Raul with bags and car service. They really seem to care that my stay and experience is exceptional. The location is perfect with the subway right around the corner, Macy's 1 block away, many places to eat. I will continue to book my stays at this hotel. Thank you Hyatt Place!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business