“Awesome place to stay in New York !!”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #152 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been there for two nights. It was really pleasant !! The location is great.
The staff were very helpful specially front office man (Dana). That guy was really Cheerful and made my stay very easy and happy.
Breakfast was so cool and there was lots of varieties.
Everything was great! Thanks all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Don't let the name Hyatt make you think this is one of there signature hotel. this is not, in fact it bears more of a resemblance to a Holiday Inn, but that said for the location and price I doubt you would do better. I have to say that whilst the lobby was of a more basic design the rooms were extremely well appointed, of a good size with a king size bed and comfy full size sofa , huge TV and very good in room movie and TV selection. The cleanliness was excellent, but the closet was ridiculously small , and if deigned better a nice comfy chair and bigger closet would have worked much better. My WiFi was excellent but my friend could only get it in his room if he were jammed up against the door, The Free breakfast ( unusual for NYC) is a bit of a bun fight , probably because they stop it at 9 am which is too early. The only other criticism, is that there are only two elevators, and it seems the staff have no service lift, so i waited up to 8 minutes to go from the 12th Floor to the lobby. I would definately go back as the location was first class and overall it is great value for money !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights in May 2014. We arrived at 1.30 and were able to check in straight away which was great. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, had a full comfy Hyatt king bed, decent sized TV and reasonable sized bath room. Unlike some of the New York hotels you see on here, where they have chipped paint work, or have been decorated but you can see not very well, this Hyatt Place is new and clean and and the design is modern. Also, the bathroom had fairly good lighting, which can often be a bugbear of mine. The breakfast was fine, nothing special, but good enough considering it's included in the price. The breakfast room is not the biggest, so getting there earlier rather than later is advisable. We were on the 11th floor at the back and could just see the empire state building out of the window. We didn't have any traffic noise, but the dozens of airconditioning units outside are pretty noisy. Also what proved to be a bit noisy was our in-room fridge, although we had a rather large bottle of water in there. There are only 2 lifts in the building covering 26 floors (not even a service lift), so around breakfast time it can take a while for the lift to come. We walked down twice. Location-wise it's great - we walked as far north as 91st in upper east and as far south as Soho. It's very close to the Empire State, Macy's, Times Square, Madison Sq. Garden and NY Public Library/Bryant Park.

In this price range, it is highly recommendable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C noise, Lack of lifts means you may want to take the stairs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMB85
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Hyatt Place was awesome. We had a few bumps in the road (to be expected), but the staff of the hotel was very helpful and VERY accommodating. Anything I needed they were there to assist me. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast in the mornings was delicious. One of the best breakfast choices I have seen at a hotel in a long time. I have no complaints about this hotel. Thank you, Hyatt, for your contribution in making our trip to NYC comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had to rush to NYC for a last minute decision to attend a nearby conference. Hotel of choice was booked and my search ended up with nearby Hyatt Place. Upon arrival the hotel front and lobby were simple, but immediately was surprised at the professionalism and engagement of the lobby personnel which is on par with hotels that are 2x the cost.

Room was comfortable, clean, updated bathroom. Very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just returned from a stay with our two daughters and had a wonderful time. I spoke with Samantha at check-in and explained that it was our girls' first time to New York and she gave us a room with a wonderful view of the city. It was amazing. She definitely added to our trip. The rooms were surprisingly quiet - I had great sleep. The breakfast was typical of hyatt house and there were no other amenities really. But the location was great, super close to subways and Midtown is a convenient place to be to see all parts of the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I like the Hyatt Place product; I have stayed in several in different parts of the US. This Hyatt Place is new-built, less than 2 years old. Location is excellent for midtown South; close to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Macy's. But in my opinion, the downsides outweigh the upside of location.
1. Only 2 elevators: I frequently waited over 5 minutes for an elevator to arrive. In the morning 'rush hour' the elevator that finally came was often full and I needed to wait even longer!
2 The breakfast is sub-par compared to other Hyatt Place offerings. Except for cereal, the food was overcooked or had been left out too long and was soggy.
3. The WIFI was non-existent except on the ground floor. I had to use my own cellular WIFI to connect my devices.
4. THE NOISE: Even though the windows are double-paned the noise from 36th Street was tremendous. I was on the 8th floor and pulled both drapes. I could hear lots of street traffic all night. I concluded that the building insulation must be non-existent.

The staff is very nice and courteous, but they could do nothing to alleviate my concerns. I won't be coming back here.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to lower the street noise level, but then be prepared to wait a long time for the e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business