“Small hotel with big service”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #147 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A relative small hotel with great location for business
Great service comfortable rooms
Staff is very friendly and accommodating
It was a bad snow storm out and One staffer ran to the corner of main ave to get me a cab so I would not have to trudge thru snow

Room Tip: Ask for city view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place New York Midtown South

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter's Girl Scout troops and us moms stayed at The Hyatt Place South this past weekend, and it was the perfect stay! Dana Brown, Lauren, Dulce, Luis, and Melissa are the best staff ever! They took great care of us. The location is perfect as we walked everywhere we needed to go to from the hotel. This is definitely my new hotel sty spot in the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the high floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, for a long "girls weekend," to meet friends who live in NYC. The last time I was in NYC, I stayed at Eventi. The Hyatt Place was clean, modern and still fairly new. The staff at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. I made use of the gym in the mornings. The location was perfect for me, as I could easily walk to the big Macy's or go to my shows on Broadway.

My only small negative, was the fact that I could hear more street noise in my room. I found that the soundproofing at Eventi was better. Possibly, choose a higher floor to reduce the noise level.

My flight left VERY early in the morning. The bell hop was so kind that he walked with me and my luggage about a block, so that I could catch a cab, on one of the main streets.

Great service and with the comp breakfast, it was worth the money. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to reduce the road noise heard in room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff was very helpful. Breakfast bar was good and varied; although could have healthier food choices. Room was clean and very quiet. Hotel is in a great location of the city and is easily accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Definitely one of my favorite hotels to stay in when visiting New York. The location was fantastic and made traveling easy. If you want to take part in the breakfast provided, make sure to get there early. Seating is limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Only 2 lifts - insufficient for the number of guests. No service lift, so cleaning staff etc used them for work purposes. Children allowed to use the hotel computers without restriction, spending ages playing games when adults wanted to use them. Staff thought this was acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

There wasn't a single thing I didn't enjoy about Hyatt Place. The location was Great (close enough to the madness of the city without being right in it), the room was just lovely (spacious, plush & clean, the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the bathroom huge and impeccable wireless internet. Nothing but good things to say. I stayed here twice in a two week period & loved both stays. The staff were particularly friendly & helpful (especially Dana who remembered even my name when I came for my 2nd visit) Highly recommend a stay here whether your visiting for business or pleasure, family or couple or single :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo