“A truly great staff!”

Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
Ranked #151 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place while on business in June. The rooms are spacious and clean and entire staff is friendly and accommodating. From the moment we pulled up out front, Rich was eager to assist us with not only our luggage, but absolutely anything we needed from arrival to departure and all with such a warm, sincere smile. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place NY Midtown South!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very good and convenient hotel well located and the staff is very helpful too. I would recommend it highly for business visits and for families. Rooms are quiet and hotel is conveniently located in mid town NY.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A relative small hotel with great location for business
Great service comfortable rooms
Staff is very friendly and accommodating
It was a bad snow storm out and One staffer ran to the corner of main ave to get me a cab so I would not have to trudge thru snow

Room Tip: Ask for city view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter's Girl Scout troops and us moms stayed at The Hyatt Place South this past weekend, and it was the perfect stay! Dana Brown, Lauren, Dulce, Luis, and Melissa are the best staff ever! They took great care of us. The location is perfect as we walked everywhere we needed to go to from the hotel. This is definitely my new hotel sty spot in the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the high floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, for a long "girls weekend," to meet friends who live in NYC. The last time I was in NYC, I stayed at Eventi. The Hyatt Place was clean, modern and still fairly new. The staff at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. I made use of the gym in the mornings. The location was perfect for me, as I could easily walk to the big Macy's or go to my shows on Broadway.

My only small negative, was the fact that I could hear more street noise in my room. I found that the soundproofing at Eventi was better. Possibly, choose a higher floor to reduce the noise level.

My flight left VERY early in the morning. The bell hop was so kind that he walked with me and my luggage about a block, so that I could catch a cab, on one of the main streets.

Great service and with the comp breakfast, it was worth the money. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to reduce the road noise heard in room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff was very helpful. Breakfast bar was good and varied; although could have healthier food choices. Room was clean and very quiet. Hotel is in a great location of the city and is easily accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Definitely one of my favorite hotels to stay in when visiting New York. The location was fantastic and made traveling easy. If you want to take part in the breakfast provided, make sure to get there early. Seating is limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple