See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2011

OK here it is.

Good - Location, room layout, kitchen, water view.

Bad - Certain staff feel that they are doing you a favor to help you - not Shavar sp? he was great and the reason we may stay again. Others - not so great. Rooms were cleaned well but not vacuumed well. Go figure. BUT you get a vacuum in the room so go to it. This place is in many ways a hotel in name only. It is 1/2 a converted apartment bldg shared with tenants of the apartment in the rest. The hotel staff and apartment are different. No bellman for hotel guests. Concierge is limited in scope and hours. $50 charge for late checkout. WARNING: Call ahead if checking in late - be sure you room is ready.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Skeptical about mixed online reviews of this hotel but booked room because it was affordable and convenient to event we were attending. Delighted with studio room #711 which has a view of the Empire State Building. Yes, we've had cleaner, newer rooms and softer bedsheets elsewhere at higher prices but this was comfortable and quiet and $159. The immaculate kitchen is well-equipped and offers standard range and refrig. We were surprised at how instantly we got cabs here, even at 6:30 a.m. but being next door to a huge medical facility probably explains that.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I read the many reviews for this place and I kept saying to my husband, what is everyone's problem? This place was awesome! The carpets first off were clean and the hallway leading up to our room was nice and clean and well lit. The room was very nice. We had a one bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The place looked just like an apartment. Nice living room, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was nice and clean and stocked with toiletries, the bedroom was nice and the bed was so comfy i wished i had the same bed at my house! The bedding was comfy and clean and the pillows were so soft.

My teens didn't care for the pull out sofa bed so one slept on the couch and one made a bed on the floor with the couch cushions. That worked well for them.

The maid cleaned everyday and it smelled so clean when we came back to our room each day. She even washed our dirty dishes for us. That's beyond the call of duty i think!

We asked the front desk for extra bedding and towels and when we returned to our room they were waiting for us.

We checked in late around midnight and had no problem getting our room key from the door man. The neighborhood was safe and we enjoyed walking around.

It was close enough to walk down town to the Thanksgiving Parade.
The subway is just about 5blocks away.

I don't know what everyone was complaining about. The place is awesome and well worth the money we spent. Previous customers who stayed must be used to staying at the Waldorf Astoria. But for the price, location, etc. this place was perfect.

What was everyone complaining about the carpets for? They were nice and clean and didn't look too old.

All I know is my stay was fabulous and I'm sure I'll stay here again if i ever get to come back and visit New York City.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JRMAZ
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Okay I am a research internet junkie ... I rely on trip advisor but also do tons of my own research and I ended up staying for my first stay in New York at the Envoy Club & Suites.

Simply stop doing anymore research and book here. New York hotels are so incredibly expensive and typically very small. However the Envoy was very reasonable and the 1 bedroom suite was fantastic. We had coffee and breakfast every morning in our suite as we planned what we wanted to do that day... It saves you lots of money that you can use elsewhere in New York. You live among the locals, and truly experience what living in New York is like. The king bed first had NO BEDBUGS was a luxury mattress with smooth linens and duvet comforter. The toiletries were fantastic and I NEVER use hotel shampoo but i used these and they were high end and fantastic too.
The kitchen had a full size natural gas stove, fridge, dishwasher, granite counter top and all the supplies you need. It was great having a dining room area, and a living room area to converse in. I walked to times square and the empire state building many times. It is so close to a deli, conveniance store and restaurants. It has a nice roof top deck that they don't tell you about at the concierge but its fabolous for photos and a drink.

The maid service was also fantastic. They were very friendly and they did an amazing job cleaning. The bathroom was completly sanitized from corner to corner everyday.

The only set back was concierge does leave at 8pm, so make sure you have any requests in before then. The doormen were always friendly and willing to help.
The wireless internet was $24.95 for the week and always worked.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I was there in Nov 2010 for my brothers bachelor party. There were 6 guys staying together, and the 2 bedroom suite was awesome! Bed was great. slept like a log. HIGHLY recommend to anyone that wants an apartment style accomodation while staying in new york.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends