My wife and I stayed at Efuru for a week in Sept 2011.
Firstly the accommodation:-
1)It was very secure, external and internal entrance doors with coded entry, and room door with key lock.
2) It was quiet, and the bed comfortable, albeit very squeaky.
3) Bathroom was clean, and always had hot water.
4) cooker/toaster/fridge/tv - all worked fine
1) Frankly, our room at the back was a bit of a dump ! the decor was very tired and jaded; the furniture was falling to bits, and although the electrical/gas appliances work, they are on borrowed time.
2) Considering it was a self catering apartment the crockery was practically unuseable (we had to buy new mugs to have a cup of coffee in the morning).
3)Worst of all MICE - if we had been forwarned with a note or something, we wouldn't have left food out, which the little sods woke us up nibbling at !!!
Secondly the area:-
Despite everyone saying "you must be mad staying in Harlem", we felt relatively safe (compared to the subway ride from JFK/Howard Beach through Brooklyn - very old trains; run down stations and dodgy looking characters). Efuru is only 4 minute walk from subway @116th Street, and we had no bother from anybody walking to and fro.
there are numerous supermarkets, delis, cafes and liqour stores between 110th St subway station and Efuru, and we shopped in many of them.
Strangly there were always plenty of people in Lennox Avenue when we out in the mornings, and came back late afternoon, but when we went out again at about 7pm there was no one about. Again it didn't matter what time we got back at night (anytime between 10 pm and 1 am) Lennox Ave was very quiet and we had no problems.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Efuru Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Efuru Guest House Hotel New York City