Efuru Guest House
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$362
US$309
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Having booked to stay, we called to say we would be late due to a delayed flight. We didn't get an answer and left a message. (We never got an answer all the times we had tried to call during our booking phase either, and therefore all communication was via email, which was a little annoying.) When we arrived late at night we got no answer at the door, and no answer on the phone when we tried calling. Finally her neighbour awoke and helped us find a cab to another hotel. When we did get hold of Lydia the next day we did not get any apology, and she was somewhat rude when we discussed not coming to the hotel as we were now at another hotel and expected our deposit not to be charged. (She reluctantly agreed not to charge us).

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank traveller100022
Reviewed 22 May 2008

I found Efuru to be exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Lydia, the owner, was really friendly and, as a woman staying alone, I appreciated her interest in where I was going (so that somebody knew what I was doing everyday). It's very close to a couple of good, reasonably priced restaurants, ATMs, a grocery store and drug store and only a couple of blocks from a subway station and Central Park. The shared bathroom was never a problem, only two other rooms shared with me and I never had to wait. There was also a small shard kitchen (microwave, toaster oven, sink and fridge/freezer) which meant I could keep perishables like milk and fruit so I did't have to eat three meals a day in restaurants. The price was right, and the place was perfect. I would recommend Efuru to anyone travelling to New York on a budget who isn't looking to spend the whole trip in their hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Obscuranb
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Stayed here with my amazing and totally hot Girlfriend on our first visit to New York. We had the parlour studio, which had our own Private Entrance, Kitchen, Bathroom and Bedroom. The Bed was a good size and very comfortable. The Lodge is just a 5 minute walk from the nearest subway station and a little further to the Northern tip of Central Park.

For the price, I don't believe there is anything better.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank inch26
Reviewed 30 October 2007

My mother and I were over in NYC for a long weekend shopping, well, to find a wedding dress. It was both our first time in NYC and were horrified at the cost of accomodation. I found this house on tripadvisor and it looked great and at a very affordable price. We had one of the studios with everything you needed in it. We were given our own set of key's to come and go as we pleased which was terrific. Lydia, the lady of the house was fantastic, she was so friendly and welcoming. And her house was spotless and very comfortable. We will be going back next summer for a fitting and we will definatly be staying with Lydia!

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank DublinVera
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Hi,
Me and my wife stayed at the efuru guest house in aug 2007 for a week.
This place is the best thing you'll get for your money in Manhattan!!
The guest house manager,Lydia, gave us royal treatment and directons of where to go, where to shop etc'.
The surrounding is very quite and peaceful.
It took us 5 minutes walk to reach the subway.
The room was nice, it has a kitchen with a refrigerator , oven and stoves.Also it has private bathrooms and a tub/shower.
I came with some doubts but left very satisfied.
Josef