“One of the best pizzas”
Review of Don Antonio

Don Antonio
Ranked #523 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We tried this pizza place because it was close to Times Square and because it had great reviews.
We showed up on a busy night without a reservation but we were seated within 5 minutes. The atmosphere is cozy. We loved the authentic Italian pizzas. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Our glasses were kept full. Service was very fast.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Some associates and I chose this place based on good internet reviews. Our experience: "meh"! I ordered the Quattro Formagio pizza and requested some chopped garlic to be added. I was sharply told: "we do not make changes to menu items!". Later when pressed, the waiter shared that the owner does not feel that garlic and cheese go together. Huh?!?!? This is a CUSTOM pizza place with every condiment imaginable available. Oh well, too many other options for me to go back here. By the way, although it tasted good, the pie's were only warm when served. Like I said: "meh".

1  Thank JoeyNoodles
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was referred to me by friends, and I was really looking forward to it since pizza is my favorite food. We ordered a margarita pizza with sausage. There was minimal toppings on it, and the crust was very dry. I ate 1 slice and that was enough. We initially were seated at a table, & we were elbow to elbow with another couple. We asked to move to the bar & that was much more comfortable. The service was unfriendly and indifferent. I was hungry when I left so I got a slice of thin, chewy pizza , loaded with toppings at a hole in the wall, and it was delicious.

2  Thank priluc
Reviewed 7 November 2013

my wife and I went to this resteraunt after a show on Broadway. We arrived at about 6.00 without booking on a unday and got a table. Its a very bustly place and the staff are really helpful and eager to serve you. my wife and I had starters then pizza's each. WOW!!!
I have eaten a lot of pizzas around the world,. but this one was one of the best. maybe only second to one I had in Tuscany. We had a karaffe of wine and a couple of beer seach, and it cam to about $80.00 which I thought was good. It feels like a community place where people know each other, I would definitely reccomend this place, its about 3-10 mins from Broadway theatres as well in a really nice part of the city. My wifr also had a Tiramusu for dessert and she couldnt stop smiling for about 2 hrs after eating it. !!!!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stumbled across Don Antonio when we were looking for some food to bring back to our hotel room.

We were very pleased to see that they did take aways so we went inside. The staff were very friendly! And the service was extremely quick - great Italian pizza!