“It is as good as reviewed!”

Donna Bell's Bake Shop
Ranked #52 of 397 Bakeries in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We went here with high expectations following reviews across the Internet and it is a truly excellent bakery. Not low-carbs, not low-fat but a taste to die for! We had biscuit sandwiches and the only small remark is that we'll skip cheese next time. The biscuit itself is so lovely and so the cheese just made it a bit too greesy for our taste. Other than that - a perfect breakfast sandwich! Also good is that if you choose a turkey biscuit, you won't get these superthin slices of turkey as filling. You'll get a good piece of turkey filet which is excellent. And as noted earlier, the coffee is excellent!

1  Thank patbyl

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a hidden gem in New York City....
Don't miss the wonderful breakfast biscuits or the outstanding coffee.
It will be my go to place every time I am in the city....
Fresh, delicious and worth every calorie.

1  Thank Annamarie M
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved this place - went twice in two days. You can't eat here, but there is a lovely free patio just next to it with plenty of seating. I had an sausage/egg on a biscuit, which was very very good, but almost over the top rich and filling. I also had a banana nut muffin, which was as excellent as a muffin could be. Would definitely come back to try some other items - scones looked very good. I also noticed a lot of people coming in just for gravy - they must know something I don't about the gravy at this place. Service wasn't the friendliest, but by no means bad.

1  Thank Scruff2727
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are in NY go find this place and buy the Chocolate Peanut Bar to die for. Its huge and beyond words I should have bought 2. Every thing looked so good the choice was so tough but I love peanut butter!! Bakery is SOOO cute! Oh the prices were great!

1  Thank Budwen
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If I had found this place sooner, I would have been there each morning. I was staying on 8th Avenue and once I found this beautiful place, I realized that it was just minutes away from my hotel. When I walked in, I felt like I was in a Southern tea parlor and the baked goods reflected that sentiment. I had a very tender and flavorful strawberry scone. I was greeted by a friendly face who offered me coffee but realized that I had already had one in my hand. If I lived in the city I would be a frequent visitor. It is a place where you want to be a regular and make this place your own.