“Avenue Q -- raunchy fun!”
Review of New World Stages

Ranked #177 of 1,093 things to do in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Avenue Q -- raunchy fun!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have wanted to see this for quite a while and the cast did not disappoint! Just as irreverent as we'd heard and laugh out loud hilarious! Definitely for 17 and older. Darren Bluestone was an absolute standout as Princeton/Rod.

• Korean first
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first time seeing a show at New World Stages. I loved the venue. It had an easy, relaxed atmosphere. And you could take your drinks with you to your seat, which was great (they even had a waiter come around for a drink order!)

I saw Heathers: The Musical. I loved it! I was there with friends who had seen the movie and liked it, and others that weren't very familiar with it at all. We all had a great time, and would recommend this musical to others.

Staten Island, New York
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Avenue Q - Amazing voices and definitely not for kids”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First, it is one of the funkiest theaters you will come across. This performance in my opinion is for 18 and older. You could take a little younger, but you or they may become embarrassed in front of the other. The voices were fantastic, so were the facial expressions that went along with the puppets. My daughters, 19 & 22 enjoyed it, so did I. It was definitely not my husband's cup of tee. They address everything from being gay as well as not fitting in, to being unemployed. Everyday struggles we all have with a sense of humor. Definitely worth the $50 a ticket I spent.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“There's a Fine, Fine Line ... Between Brilliant and Outrageous”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Humor meets clever. If you are in New York City with teenagers, and want to expose them to theater, there is not a better option. Avenue Q is hysterical, poignant and lively. It has all the right messages for a teenager, and told in a way that works.

Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
410 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 669 helpful votes
“Iluminate was amazing!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is our third time at this Venue. This theater has 5 stages. They have 2 other shows that I can't wait to see. My husband and I loved Avenue Q. My daughter and I saw Gazzillion bubbles. That bubble show was targeted more for very young audiences. Therefore, my tween and I were not too impressed with it. To make it up to her i took her to see Iluminate. This show was fun, energetic and very impressive. Those people are very talented dancers. The story line was bit lame, but the amazing dancing made up for it. I thing people of all ages will enjoy this show. The show ran for about an hour. Look for discounted tickets on theater mania. They seem to always offer discounts.

Visited May 2014