“Excellent hotel”

Wyndham Garden Chinatown
Ranked #148 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is only 2 years old, and that shows: everything is working in fine order and looks fresh and new and is very clean. Our room was at the 11th floor and had floor to ceiling window (full room width, so a 4 x 3 meters window), giving spectacular views of Manhatten and especially the Empire State and the Chrysler Building, day and night. The staff were very accommodating, changed our room at the spot from king to two singles. Special thanks to Rushika for being so kind to take me personally to the deli and Cup and Caucer (excellent breakfast!). The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Grand Street Metro station and Mulberry Street (Little Italy).
I booked this hotel based upon reviews on Internet, and I have seen lots of hotelrooms, but the Wyndham Garden lived up to my expectations - and more. A true gem.

Room Tip: There is a bar on the rooftop, no idea if that generates sounds, best views from Hester Street side...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Dave F, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Wow! We are so happy we lived up to your expectations, how wonderful that you had such a great stay! Thank you for writing to us and we will be looking forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked hotel through Travelzoo promo, but not before checking the reviews on Tripadvisor, The experience all around was even better than the reviews that I read. Conveniently located on the edge of China Town it is barely 1 block to the subway and a short walk to Little Italy and/or the East Village. The hotel and room was modern,clean,included wifi and surprisingly quiet inside for The City. We stayed in a queen room that was spacious by NYC standards w/ good size bathroom. The bed was comfy and we had a nice view of the Midtown Manhattan. The restaurant in the hotel serves excellent sushi, and a good breakfast, and the rooftop lounge allowed a great view of the lights of New York spectacular (especially at night) and there is plenty to do and see nearby.

Hands down the top of my list for this hotel would be the Staff and the excellent treatment we received throughout our stay. We were always greeted when coming and going from the hotel. I have to single out Janice and Ling at the front desk very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area, they truly went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I definitely found a favorite hotel in NYC. Thank you Wyndham Garden Chinatown!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for recognizing our staff, our goal is to treat our guests as our own! It sounds like you had a wonderful visit to the city and we are so glad that we were able to assist in your experience! We will be waiting for your return to the Big Apple!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We rented bicycles for a week and because the hotel does not have a very big luggage room they kept our bicycles in the hotel office rooms overnight so that they would be safe. Excellent management and service. If you are lucky you will be checked in by Rushika Perez, who is a welcoming and super professional staff member of the lobby team. Good location in the middle of Chinatown - oh yes - BEST.SUSHI.EVER.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

What an excellent adventure you had! Thank you for your comments on the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, our staff is one of the highlights of our guests experience. We strive to make everyone feel at home while they away from home! Thank you again and we hope that we will be seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent hotel in a vibrant section of Chinatown very close to LES and Soho. The rooms are bright and well designed and the beds very comfortable. The view uptown is stunning. The hotel staff are efficient and personable and accommodating. I arrived around 10 am and was able to check-in by 11, four hours before official check-in time. Housekeeping and maintenance staff are excellent. The only flaw has been pointed out in many other reviews and that is the design of the bathrooms -- very easy to splash water from the shower and the sink, and no no hooks or rods to keep things off the floor. Despite that, we were able to spend four days in the space with no trouble at all.

Room Tip: Higher floor so you're not looking into the buildings across the way Surprisingly, being near t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave F, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Dave F, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms. HUGE for New York. New hotel so very clearn as well. Great location - close to LES, Soho, and in China town. If you don't like crowds then a Chinatown location may not be for you. My room was very quiet and had a great unobstructed view of the Empire State & Chrysler buildings. The rooftop lounge was completely empty which was great for us. We had the roof to ourselves with a 270 view of the city. Drinks were relatively inexpensive too. I didn't hang out in the lounge itself but the roof was great. The only negative was that when my room wasn't ready at 2:45, and I complained b/c I really needed to make a call over wifi in a quiet place, they said "we only guarantee the room for 3pm". I had to make the call in the corner of the bar with poor wifi. Not a big deal I guess, but then the room wasn't ready at 3pm for my husband to check in. So they shouldnt use the word "guarantee" when it isn't. Oh yeah, and I'd booked a King room through travelzoo and I got an email two weeks earlier saying they had a scheduling error and it's actually a queen. But given the price and how close to the trip it was, I couldn't really do anything about it. I'd stay here again if able to get a mid-week deal again.

Room Tip: I think odd rooms should have the north view of the city. South view would include bridges, freedom...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel, we agree the view is fantastic and the location can be quite fun being that it is in the middle of Chinatown and so close to so many other great neighborhoods! Also thank you for your feedback regarding the wait time for your room, it is our commitment to have our rooms ready for our guests right as they check in, we do apologize that we were not able to meet that need for you. We hope that we will be seeing you and your husband visiting our hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was visiting New York because my daughter recently relocated there. We were interested in having a cocktail with a view and found Elevate at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. It was the icing on the cake to a fabulous day in Manhattan. We were there at sunset and stayed until the lights of the city started to twinkle everywhere around us. It was magical!

Room Tip: Don't know. I stayed at my daughter's apartment. We were in the city to see the sights.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy you were able to come and enjoy the wonderful view from our rooftop lounge, it is quite remarkable! The next time you come to New York to visit your daughter hopefully we will be your choice spot!