“Nice hotel”

Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
Ranked #213 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. Room was wonderful for 3 adults. My niece had her own area so it was like having two rooms. Staff was helpful and called us when our room was available since we got in mid morning on our flight. We were close enough to Battery Park to walk for ferry's to Statue of Liberty and Ellis island. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Impressive views of Ground Zero
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie H
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Bonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review via TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know you had an exceptional stay with us and found great value in our spacious guest rooms for your family's travel needs. I am also happy to know you enjoyed our Lower Manhattan location and close proximity to the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Millenium Hilton
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,745)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was here on business, so I needed nothing fancy in my stay. The hotel is very conveniently located to the financial district, and getting around is easy with the subway nearby. Not much happens there in the evening and the area is swarmed with tourists on the weekend. The hotel experience met my usual business trip expectations for comfort and cleanliness. But considering the price, felt like the stay was not worth it. The room overall needed work in order to remain competitive (I'm assuming that business travellers is a primary clientèle). My air-conditioning occasionally gave out a burnt smell and room lock went crazy one afternoon. Complimentary day-1 drinking water not provided, which would have been decent considering that I flew in from Southeast Asia and it had been a long journey. Toiletries are limited. Expect some construction noise from across the street. I give full credit to the service staff for being absolutely responsive to my needs whenever I requested for something to be done. However, this was a business trip and I don't have time to go through the hassle and escalate everything that needed to be fixed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank harlequeen_yx
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Your input is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I am glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful and apologize that we did not exceed your expectations for guestroom comfort and amenities throughout your stay. We take great pride in providing our business travelers with all the comforts of home and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to meet this goal. We hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to the city in the future.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Millenium Hilton
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for a night for the location. I've got a connection with Ground Zero and it was nice to be so close and to have such a good view of the memorial and new tower. This is a pricey hotel to stay at, especially during the week, but I think its worth it. Having the subway so close was excellent. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was here on business and needed to be in the area. The location was amazing for what I needed. The view was great as it overlooks the 9/11 memorial and new construction of the tower. I didn't use the facilities here but would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is conveniently located across from Ground Zero with easy access to the subway which is a stone's throw away for the hotel. Staff is always helpful and friendly and cost is reasonable given the location and the fact that the hotel is in New York. Rooms are comfortable and quiet in spite of the Ground Zero construction going on across the street. Restaurant menu is limited, but food and wait staff are good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I spent two days touring the Financial District. The Millennium Hilton was a perfect location for us. Our window view on the 39th floor was overlooking the WTC Memorial and the Hudson River. It also included the construction of the new transportation center but there was never much noise. Very quiet at night. It gave us time to pause and remember the tragedy and compassion shown of 9/11. An easy walk to anywhere in FiDi. Right next to St. Paul's Church. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The concierge happily tagged our luggage early in the day and stored them until we came back to check in. They also stored them the next day until we were ready to leave the city. You can get timed reservation passes for the WTC Memorial from the concierge. Clean room, comfortable bed, warm pool. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night and it was worth the money. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge. Do not order the room service, I spent $50 on 3 pancakes and an orange juice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple