“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here on November 2013 for 5 nights. It’s in a really nice area opposite the new World Trade centre.
The hotel is very clean and friendly staff and the reception.
The rooms are very clean and tidy and have very comfortable big double bed.Mini bar in the room and a good selection of soft drinks, beer and sweets etc.
I was on the 46th floor and have a wonderful view of New York and the new WTC.
We have breakfast twice which cost about $22 each which is good quality for the amount you can have. It was a walk up buffet style setup with lots of hot and cold food to eat.
The bar in the lobby only sits about 10 people at the bar and about 20 more at tables and comfy chairs. The drinks are quite expensive. I think a pint of Stella was $12.
Overall the hotel gets the thumbs up for me and I’ll stay there again on my next trip to NYC

It’s also a 10 min walk to Battery Park where you can get the Staten Island ferry to the statue of liberty.

Right outside the hotel in the subway and you can travel to anywhere in Manhattan for only $1.50 each way.

A taxi to time square will cost you about $25 each way but the subway is very safe and quick and easy.

Room Tip: Pick the highest floor you can. I think 55 is the top
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HSV_Andy_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nites (may 3 and 4) while in town for the 5 Boro Bike Tour and a broadway show and this was our first stay here. I'll get right to the basics- the 2 dbl bed room was large and clean, there were some funny "hotel" sounds (air vent system) you would expect from a large hotel such as this but nothing that disturbed our stay.The hotel is well located to multiple subway stations and zips right to Penn Station, also great for a quick taxi ride to the theatre district and was perfect location to get to the starting line of the Bike Tour. My mom and sister enjoyed the closeness to the staten island ferry, and lower manhattan attractions. Our interactions with the staff were fairly minimal, check-in/check-out was easy and pleasant, we grabbed a drink at the lobby bar which was fine, nothing too special, I requested more towels on the Sun. evening around 7:30-8 pm b/c when I opened one of the bath towels up there was a large black (oil?) stain and it took over 30 minutes for new towels to arrive. We asked the doorman to hail a taxi and the one that was parked at the curb was unavailable so rather than hail or look for another, he offered us a town car for twice the price. No thanks! We didn't pay the full rack rate due to a work affiliation discount but even so, we payed a substantial price and expected a substantially excellent experience. I wish I could give an excellent rating. I travel quite a bit so I hope that this review appeals to a more discerning traveler such as myself.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lovestotravel055
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This Hotel is worn and outdated. Surprised it has the Hilton name on it. Prior to arrival I received e-mail saying my early check in was approved. When we arrived it wasn't . Had to wait 2 1/2 hours in a packed (very small) lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and apologize for our misstep with your early check-in. We will use your experience as part of our ongoing service training and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better provide the brand standard quality you expect and deserve.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This Hilton was a treat to stay at with views of the river or the Atlantic in the distance with easy access to subways, shopping, cinemas and restaurants. Initially reluctant to book because of its proximity to the site of the Twin Towers, its site became part of its attraction due to the Memorial itself, and the fact that the hotel is one of the nicest Hilton's I've visited in a while. Pool is excellent (water is warm enough to swim in comfortably), accommodations were great (stayed in junior suite which was sufficient room for 3 of us) and actually loved the location. (I also had a great rate for the stay).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

For the business traveler who needs to be in lower Manhattan, this is a very good location though WTC reconstruction can be disruptive. Well connected to subway when you have downtime. The gym is underwhelming and would have preferred the hotel have a tie up with a nearby gym to offer short term passes instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Providence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Perfect location for experiencing lower Manhattan, walking on the Hudson, seeing the World Trade Center area ; and easily subway accessible to get to all other areas of Manhattan.Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating throughout our visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just back from a fabulous Mother's Day weekend stay... I was in town on business and my Mom came in to join me. I called the night before travel to confirm that my mother and I would be checking in separately and that I preferred not to have a room overlooking the 9/11 site (still feeling a bit traumatized). The night Front Desk clerk, Robert, was super accomodating and nice. When I arrived several hours before Check-in, the room was not yet ready but the daytime Front Desk clerk, Graphika, who was also really nice, recommended checking my luggage in with the bell hop. So easy. So pleasant.

We had an upper floor room that was spacious with great views of the Brooklyn Bridge and harbor. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. When I noticed the phone wasn't working, it got fixed right away. Everything was great. The wi-fi isn't free unless you're a Hilton Honors member or an AT&T customer, but this wasn't a problem.

There's a Starbucks right downstairs so we enjoyed breakfast in our room, looking at the view. The lobby is small but if you really want to hang out in a hotel lobby, The Conrad hotel is an 8-minute walk toward the water and their lobby is huge. If the weather is good, take a stroll along the river walk. You can see the Statue of Liberty from there, as well.

Prices seemed very reasonable for NYC, especially if booked in advance. We had a great experience and would not hesitate to return in the future.

Room Tip: High floors are awesome; skip the hotel breakfast because there's a Starbucks right downstairs
Green Features: All hotels should embrace environmentally friendly practices - kudos to Hilton for this!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ElsieElsewhere
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Elsie,

Thank you for choosing the Millenium Hilton on your recent business trip (turned Mother's Day trip) to New York City! We are thrilled to hear what an exceptional stay you with had with us and how much you enjoyed the views from your guestroom as well as the helpful and friendly service from our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millenium the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,