“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great Location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the ideal location since I am a fan of Wall Street and Century 21 next door. Also many train lines are right around the corner. It was ideal for many late nights.We were on the 27th floor, the view was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am not sure what kind of hotels the previous reviewers stay in but this hotel was almost bad in every way. First impression should be the doormen and the front desk, both were horrible. The doormen were always chatting with each other rather than hold the door open or flag down a cab. The front desk consistently had long lines and irritated customers. The room was old, smelled, and needed to be renovated badly. The one and only positive about this hotel is that the room was actually quite spacious for NYC. Housekeeping was slow, water pressure was bad, carpet was wet when I arrived, A/C didn't work well, desk chair was broken, TV was not even a flat screen. Do I need to go on? Don't waste your time here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Luxbizman
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and we will incorporate them into our ongoing training measures, Rest assured that appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with guestroom comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

booking went smooth through Hotel dot com for two rooms. I called the hotel to assure I would have a king bed in both rooms on the same floor. NO Problem I'll make a note. When we arrived everything was taken. We ended up with double beds and a Queen. The carpeting was soiled and dirty looking. We were not impressed. We went downstairs to get food after our long trip and the only thing open was the bar. No food there at least not chewable. We ordered from a local restaurant that delivered recommended by the hotel. When the food arrived we were told we could not eat it at the bar or downstairs. Back upstairs to eat a sandwich.
The pool closed early so no dip in the pool. Wi Fi cost 15 dollars a day. Hell motel 6 is free. And this conglomerate cannot provide WiFi.?? A telephone call to the previous mentioned restaurant cost us money.. WTH. a telephone call local cost money.
The entire experience there was not a receptive hotel that has in mind their guest. It was all about money and could care less about their guest. I would never stay here again. You do not get what you pay for. We have traveled the world and this is probably one of the worst harge hotels we have stayed within. Never again.

Room Tip: the best tip is dont stay here. find another Hotel nearby. The rooms promised was not delivered
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank t d
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and value and we are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your experience. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience, and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean room but small closet space. Nice bathroom.
We had a view with the new Freedom Tower, it's ruined, because there is still a construction going on for the new shopping center.
There should be a refrigerator for guest's needs, but it was stocked with over priced snacks and liquor. Who needs it?
There is a valet parking for $55.00 for 24 hours, but the car needs to be there all the time, you will be charged again if you take it out before.
The room service is very pricey. The Eggs Benedict is $26.00. We found a nice breakfast/brunch a few blocks away at BLT Bar & Grill.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tripreview2013
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just returned from a week at the Hilton Millennium in NYC and the experience was incredible. I grew up within an hour of NYC and have been many times and I know what to expect for my money, but this hotel exceeded any and all expectations., I had never stayed in this area of the city before, and we stayed here initially for the pool, my 7 year old grandson loves to swim. From the check in where the desk clerk said in consideration of my grandson's first trip to NYC, he'd ensure a great view, to the last moment when the concierge ran outside on his own to see where our driver was, it was an incredible time.

The views from the 44th floor Deluxe City View were astonishing. I will never book any other room, it made the entire trip. The Brooklyn Bridge on the right, the Hudson River and part of the Freedom Tower on the left. The Empire State Building in front. The views were spectacular. My grandson spent every minute he could (other than in the 40 foot gorgeous pool) sitting in that window looking down at the people streaming in on their way to work, or the lights of the city at night.

I left my phone in the safe, no problem, I had it shipped to me in SC in two days.

Every single person on the staff of the hotel went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel is beautifully located. There is, as many reviews have mentioned, a subway stop almost in front of the hotel. Not often mentioned is that there are also several other subway stops around the hotel, maybe you have to walk a block, it's surrounded by them and little delis and convenience stores. The area is full of pedestrians and seems quite safe. You can go anywhere fast. The subways are new, air conditioned and almost European. The new 911 Memorial, the incredible Freedom Tower, and the beautiful water falls are must sees. It's a great place to stay.

We went in the middle of July, who does that? It was wonderful. Everybody on the street was so helpful, New York has done itself proud and New Yorkers rule! Will never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe City View corner room on a high floor with double windows for an incredible view...
Green Features: I was surprised at the amount of green thinking going on in this hotel. Very up to date and impressive.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ginny A
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 7/12-7/17 and had a corner room which was huge! Amazing views. Every single staff member I spoke to was friendly and helpful. The doorman even walked me/carried my bag across the street at 3am to catch the E train to Penn station. I did not use the pool, bar, business center, fitness center or restaurant, so I can't comment on that but the hotel is in great shape. I read in other reviews that it needed updating. I would have to disagree. I work in the travel industry and have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is a nice property. The location is really good! Right across from the WTC, a couple blocks from the PATH station, subway stations are plentiful. The R line stops right in front of hotel, the E line is across the street, then there are several lines on Fulton that is right behind the hotel, less than a block. Also an easy walk to everything downtown. I suggest taking the R train down to the Whitehall station which is located at the Staten Island Ferry terminal and taking the ferry across and back at sunset. I got some amazing pics of the Statue of Liberty, and the ferry is free!!! I would skip the breakfast at $25 a pop. There are plenty of dining options. 2 blocks east on Liberty St. Is a Burger King and a good little deli called Charlys. They also deliver. Then you have several food trucks across the street in Zuccotti park. If you go north on Fulton, there is a Wendy's. That's just to name a few. Century21 is next door and if you like to shop, kiss a whole day goodbye, cause this place is huge with huge savings!
I will be returning!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Sbrownhere
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is very average hotel.

Location is definitely an advantage.

I got a room on 38th floor. View was very nice, but the room was certainly not a double upgrade according to HH Diamond. It was quite tiny and smelled badly humidity. But the worst thing are room doors - completely not sound proof, so you can hear everything from the corridor like your doors would stay opened.

Breakfast was very poor - no vegetables, no healthy options, one type of cheese and only salami from meets, but what was the most surprising you need to pay extra 6 USD to eat eggs or bacon. They will also charge you extra for a coffee other than American. Breakfast buffet is so short that only 3-4 people can be in that area at one time, what isn't very convenient in a hotel of this size.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo