Millennium Hilton New York Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
W New York - Downtown(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
World Center Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
New York Marriott Downtown(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
4,911 results
All reviewsfreedom towerthe financial districtwtc sitethe world trade centerground zerobrooklyn bridgelower manhattanpath trainconstruction noisebattery parknew yorkwall streetindoor pooljunior suitestatue of libertycorner roomdirectly across the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2007

We loved the Millenium Hilton. It's right across the street from Ground Zero which is very humbling but Americans need to be humbled every now and then right? Anyways, the hotel rooms are very nice and comfortable. The service is lacking. I'm sure its just the New Yorker way of life but they are always hurrying you and making you rush through, check in, check out, on the phone, etc. I wouldn't say they are rude but very in a hurry as all of New York is. We got tired waiting on the ball to drop on New Years so we just went back to the hotel and watched on TV and there were fireworks outside our window. It was great. The elevators are REALLY fast. Just a warning!

Stayed: December 2006
6  Thank erinlee
Reviewed 22 February 2007

We stayed at this property for four nights in February. The employees couldn't have been more helpful (with the exception of the restaurant staff). Upon arrival, the front desk was friendly, courteous and informative. My husband's a diamond member, so we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, with complementary breakfast vouchers. The room was wonderful - actually two rooms, with a plasma tv, luxurious king bed with soft, quality linens and a housekeeping staff that couldn't have been more efficient. The room had a view of Ground Zero - this didn't bother us at all. It is quite sobering but also uplifting in seeing the way New Yorkers seem to be able to handle anything they're given. My respect and admiration truly goes out to the people of this city - it is truly the greatest city on earth!

The consierge couldn't have been more helpful - any question you presented him with he answered, or at least tried. Elevators were prompt - rarely had to wait at all, going up or down. Yes, the lobby is small and the lounge could be a bit larger, but if this is the only thing wrong - please.

The location of this hotel is just fine - a subway station 100 feet from the entrance. The subways are quite safe and a great way to get around, but if you're subway-shy, taxi's are abundant all around this hotel. However, we found it difficult getting one - we were there when the weather was quite cold and they all seemed to be occupied! So the subway it was, with no problems at all. Being downtown, I agree with a previous review wholeheartedly - it is quiet down here and away from the craziness of Times Square - you couldn't pay me to stay there!

My only complaint towards this hotel is the miserable, bored, unhappy, unpleasant wait staff in the restaurant. And the breakfast ...... if we had to pay for that food....something like $29/person for a breakfast buffet that was as cold as ice coming directly from the kitchen! The eggs were stone cold, as was the bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc. My advice - go somewhere else - anywhere else - for breakfast. Never gave lunch or dinner a chance - too many other great restaurants in this city.

We are planning another trip this April and we already have reservations to return here. This is a great hotel in a great city and I highly recommend it!

Stayed: February 2007
7  Thank lolo51
Reviewed 20 February 2007

This was our second time at this hotel at the beginning of February for two nights.

We loved it the first time and when we booked to go back to new York we didn't even think twice of another hotel.

Upon arrival were given a room on the 42nd floor overlooking ground zero with fantastic views over the river and skyline of new york.

Rooms were very comfortable, not at all small compared to alot of new york hotels, with a very large comfortable bed and lots of bathroom toiletries.

Check out was at 12 but unfortunately my husband was ill so after letting the conceirge know, they very kindly said we could stay in the hotel at no further cost until he was well enough to leave which was much appreciated.

Overall fantastic hotel, great views and very accomodating staff!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank balesbrowne
Reviewed 20 February 2007

The rooms here are large and nice, and the views are remarkable but not nearly enough to make up for the awful service I received 2/15-2/17/07.
Upon arrival the doorman did not come to the curb to assist me with my luggage - normally this wouldn't be a big deal to me but with the wind gusting and snow on the ground, it irked me this time.
My room was large, clean and well-appointed. All was well until I attempted to open the mini-bar, which was stuck. A call downstairs informed me that they "had problems with that particular room and would send someone right up." Maintenance arrived within 10 min but it's annoying not to be told of the problem in advance when management knows about it.
On my second evening I had trouble establishing an internet connection; again, a call downstairs informed "that particular room doesn't have internet connectivity" and they offered to move me to another room. At this point I spoke to the manager who denied that anyone had any prior knowledge of the lack of internet connection in that particular room - whatever - I went ahead and moved rooms.
I checked out Saturday morning at 6:30am and asked the desk clerk whether I would be able to hail a cab at that hour or if I was better off calling for one. I was told that the doorman (who was nowhere to be seen at that moment) could hail a cab for me. It's 6:30am on a SATURDAY, there is NO ONE else in the lobby, yet the desk clerk seems to feel it's beneath his station to accommodate my request for help in getting a cab.

I will never stay here again - the service and attention to detail is minimal at best, and the staff is barely apologetic when their lack of attention causes disruption to their guests.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank brokerchick
Reviewed 12 February 2007

Got a deal on Priceline for a Saturday evening getaway. The hotel was redone in 2003 after being damaged on 9/11. My room on the 31st floor directly overlooked the WTC site. So if that bothers you, ask for another side. The hotel is directly across the street from it and is close to the subway, very convenient. It's also next to Century 21, if you are interested in shopping.

The room was very comfortable, with great lighting options and soft sheets on the great bed. It also had an in-room safe in the closet, which I didn't use because I didn't bring my laptop with me, but it's something I look for since I usually have a computer and hate checking it at the front desk or hauling it with me. The only drawback to the room I had (3103) was that there seemed to be some noise in the room from the elevators. It took me a while to figure out where it was coming from. And my neighbors were quiet, but when they returned to their room, I could hear them pretty clearly. So it's not the most soundproof room ever. Wish it was a little quieter, esp. if you're paying closer to the regular rate.

But the room was very clean and nice, and I would definitely stay again if I got a decent rate!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo