“A Great Experience! Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
NYC Private Photography Experience at Night
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spark Your Creativity customizes photo hunts for you or your group. The Photo Experience teaches the skills of creativity through The Photo Hunt, iPhoneography, and Creativity Building. Whether in New York, London, Paris, Marseille, Rome, Venice or Berlin, The Photo Experience engages participants in 'Sapere Vedere' (knowing how to see) adventure to get you off the grid. The Photo Hunt in NYC embraces a creative mindset for participants to learn new skills, have some fun, and grow. The average 3h photo hunt includes a 1h hands-on lesson, 1h photo hunt (exploring classic, iconic, and unprecedented locations), and a 1h photo review (over coffee, lunch, aperitivo, or light meal). Creativity Building half- and full-day sessions are also available and offer drawing, private docent-led museum tours, artist studio visits, gallery walks, photo critiques and more.
New York
“A Great Experience! Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I received a camera for my birthday and a class at NYC Spark Your Creativity...and it was such a great experience that I keep going back! Every class teaches me something new and allows my creativity to flow a bit more. Roberta is a magnificent teacher - patient, kind, funny, and sincere! I would recommend for everyone - from beginners to seasoned individuals. You can fly solo, with friends or with your partner. This is a great opportunity to learn new things, take great pictures, explore New York and meet new & interesting people. I would highly recommend it to all!

Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Great instruction, great concepts, great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Roberta's workshops are well thought out. I enjoyed her safari in NYC and the shooting at Grand Central. Her encouragement, and constructive feedback lets you move forward by opening up to new ideas and creations; even for those who are just starting out to use their equipment, they come out with great stuff in the end. I am glad I went to her sessions. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
carole
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“creativity unimpressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

probable better for beginners..or tourists....technically she didn't know you can have a zoom lense with a fixed aperture

Visited November 2012
1 Thank etccdb
New York City, New York
“Looking Forward to the Next One”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Roberta's warmth and know-how are a great combination for students of all levels. Our safari to El Barrio pushed me out of my comfort zone with manual camera settings and also introduced me to some fresh subject matter. I especially enjoyed reviewing images on her iPad afterward and having the opportunity to learn from the other participants. All in all, a great value!

Visited September 2012
Astoria, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Awesome photography class for parents!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Roberta's Parents & Children photography class in Central Park was a great way to enjoy the park with the kids, while learning to take advantage of our cameras. Roberta taught us basic principles to get more out of our DSLRs (which up to the class we only used on "auto" mode) and also several ways to get more of our iphones, including suggestions on very useful apps.

Our group had three adults and three kids ranging from 3 months to 3 years in age. Roberta was super patient and very accommodating to the varying needs of the little ones, while making sure we received the information we needed and allowing time for practice and critique - a hard balance to strike!

We definitely learned a lot today and feel we're already getting much better shots!

Visited August 2012