“What a brilliant experience”
Review of Sleep No More

Sleep No More
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Truly unique experience and so much fun. Entering into the spirit of the event makes this something to remember for the rest of your life. The masks add a sense of mystique to the evening and the entertainment at the bar takes you back to a bygone age.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"new york"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sleep no more starts with asking guests to arrive and spend an hour with the drunk staff, whose over acting skills are only slightly more pallitable than the University-College-style punch, casually made up by the bar staff pouring cheap alcohol and fruit juice into fish bowls, and ladelling the mix into glasses for you for the pleasure of downtown Manhattan cocktail prices.

Get drunk, because you will be spending the next 2-3 hours entertaining yourself with a clueless, uncoordinated set of silent scenes, which repeated linger on like the stale sweaty stench violating your nostrils in the poorly ventilated venue.

Sure, the Eyes-Wide-Shut style masks give you a feeling of being an unseen voyeur in the show the entertainment-starved punters a sense of mild intrigue that self-fulfills the excitement expectations that everyone is so desperately looking for.

Luckily not all is lost. The wisest can be found at the end, back in the speak easy bar listening to live music, where you realize you should have spent your time. And for those looking for answers as to the question of why they turned up in the first place, before your struggle to find a taxi home, the price of your self-punishment can be compounded by purchasing a program with extremely tenuous links that can only juxtapose your experience of the last 3-4 hours of your life you will never get back to a Shakespearean masterpiece.

4  Thank Jemba B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The show was recommended to me so I pulled the trigger without much deliberation, and I’m glad I did!

My wife and I ate at Gallow Green rooftop bar at 5pm prior to our 7pm check-in and it worked out perfectly.

Prior to arrival we checked out MacBeth Sparknotes and that ended up being very helpful as I wasn’t too familiar with the story. Highly recommend.

My advice, just as they recommend, is to let the show direct you. Even if you’re with someone there is no reason to clutch each other and stay together. We tried at first, but at times the actor would run away and people followed so became bottle-necked and hard to stay together. I ended up being more concerned with that than paying attention to the story. Once we unintentionally split up I was able to let my own curiosity follow whichever actor/room/floor/direction I wanted. Not everyone has the same interests - if my wife was enjoying a story line and the actor ran off she followed. I thought that character was boring so I ventured off to find another. It actually made it more exciting to bump into each other along the way and share our experiences afterwards.

Definitely a great night out in NYC.

2  Thank NomadWithOptions
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is such a different experience that I am willing to repeat in the future... I believe it's too ambitious for one night because there is too much happening, but everything I got to see was amazing. The atmosphere and the actors are just perfect.
Also, wear comfortable shoes and be ready to run from floor to floor.

3  Thank Pao A
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

When we saw the ticket price i thought this better be worth it, hell it was! 60’s theme 6 storey hotel with insane decor and setting and live acting taking you back to the 60’s! Follow the actors or your instincts just make sure you follow the storyline before your time is up! The bar then takes you all the way back with a live band and singers and drinks (non alcoholic drink available!) to enjoy! Not your typical tourist destination but WORTH IT!