“New York Go-To Hotel”

Ranked #48 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“New York Go-To Hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel, with very spacious rooms (for NY). Convenient location, with subway on the same block. Restored building, so some noises can be heard, but minimal.
Restaurant and bar are very popular, and good fun. I will continue to stay here when I visit.

Room Tip: Speak to the front desk about getting a room with a soaking tub
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mjai89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location, great value, and fantastic find! This boutique hotel has a cool, sophisticated vibe. Lobby, bar and rooms all have great character. Location is ideal, staff and service very friendly and responsive. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Service was excellent from the front desk as well as the maître d' and dining room servers. I had a corner room on the 8th floor and loved the set up; pretty spacious which isn't easy to find in NYC. Could hear some noise from street below during the night (expected and can't wear ear plugs they provide) but otherwise fairly comfortable sleep. The atmosphere is warm and a little too dark for my eyes but liked the vibe overall. Would stay again. Dining is on the very pricey side but delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2013

New Hotel for me in NYC, visiting the Big Apple at least 4 times per year since last 12 years. The stay at the Nomad (4 nights) was a bit of a mixed experience.... I stayed at room 300. Good was: spacious room, nicely decorated, great big bed with nice covers and pillows, lovely bathroom. And a quiet room, no noise, no disturbance..... BUT.... Not that good... facing the inner courtyard at the lower level... no view at all (opposite room at 20 meters), I had to keep your curtains closed at all times to avoid you neighbours looking at me, You could not see what kind of weather it was. Really bad and slow service at Breakfast. Very cute doorman, super polite and friendly.

Room Tip: dont stay at the lower level at the courtyard side!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hansamsterdam24
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I just stayed one night at the funky Nomad hotel. I wouldn't normally comment on a one night stay but my check in/check out experience was so different I had to share. Totally welcoming when I arrived. Reception staff, doormen were lovely. I attended a rooftop business event which was lovely. So many nice touches.

A bit difficult to get to sleep, because of drunken guests in the hallway, but not so much of a problem. Here's where it gets sort of weird. I went to check out this morning. I approached the desk and the receptionist - he didn't say "good morning" or "how can I help you?" I asked to check out and he looked at me kind of funny when I said I wanted a copy of my bill. A strange encounter and probably the one thing I will remember about this $400 night hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid street noise.
Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rbb0612
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First of all, I wonder where the NoMad finds its staff. I'm a frequent NYC business traveller, but I've never been to a place where just everyone's been so enormously friendly - but not in that very American superficial service-industry way.
It's as if you've always been there, and they've just waited for you to turn up.

This boutique hotel feels like a home away from home.
I loved all of it - and I must say the cleanliness of the room's been outstanding. The furniture and interior decor's quite dark, but I've not spotted any odd spots - not even the random toothpaste sprinkles in the bathroom were there.
That is, unfortunately, a very rare thing. So: excellent house keeping. Chapeau!
From welcoming me on the first day to each night's turndown service - it was just perfect.
It's professional perfection and extravagance at the same time.

...and - I wish I'd have had more time because the restaurant and bar are fantastic too.
My friends and I very much enjoyed being treated as valued guests, being 'fast tracked' from the bar to the table and back to the bar. Amazing!

One of the best hotels in NYC at the moment-
I would always go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed 12 August 2013

So we tried the Nomad as our last hotel in our NYC trip. To be fair, we had very high expectation. First, when we entered our room, we expected a bigger room. Frankly, it was the smallest room from the 4 hotels we tried. We liked the bed, but unfortunately the bathroom was not as nice as we thought and there are small things that the hotel didn't pay attention to (surprising, given that its only 116 rooms). for example, the towel rack didn't function properly (meaning, it was falling apart).

the restaurant, that was supposedly the hottest table in town, is good, but not as good as the expectation we both had. We tried breakfast, lunch and dinner there. All three times were ok-but not spectacular. the best meal there is the fried chicken in the library and the chicken for two during lunch. Its good, but not worth $75.

Service wise- we found the service to be helpful, but again its the same as other similarly rated places in NYC (Trump Soho, Four Seasons, St. Regis, etc). The highlight is the doormen- who are the friendliest bunch we have met during our trip. In terms of check-in and front desk- they are ok (but definitely could be friendlier and more helpful).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple