“lovely”
Review of The NoMad Hotel

The NoMad Hotel
Ranked #49 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a new favorite. I was staying for work, and while at first the hotel felt more like a getaway spot (in a good way), the free wireless and adorable little room with a desk facing a window (ok, the view was of a parking lot, but it is NYC, I'll take windows that let in light wherever I can get them) made it great for work. It was also extremely quiet. The bed and linens were amazing, and everyone was very friendly.

There are newer reviews for The NoMad Hotel

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Loved a lot of the details of this hotel including the hardwood floors and incredible walk-in shower. The Library Bar is great. However, the area seems transitional and rooms facing interior get a lot of late night noise from bar!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Beautiful room, although small, very well laid out. Nomad restaurant is first rate and the library a great place to hang out. Short walk to Madison park and subway right outside. Getting a cab can be difficult

Room Tip: Get an interior room. No traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William R
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Nomad is a very hip, boutique hotel in the Flatiron District of New York City. It is a fantastic venue for a stay, a dinner, or even a coffee. The restaurant is wonderful, the library is a favorite, and the rooms are the best part. I would highly recommend the Nomad for anyone. Patrons should know that this hotel is extremely popular for its incredible style and energy. So, the restaurant and bar get very busy and quite loud. That said, the hotel itself remains quiet as could be. Simply, if you want a lobby and restaurant that are extremely private, this is not your place. But, for everything else, Nomad is the place. (I love hardwood floors in a hotel room!)

Room Tip: The lower floors actually have higher ceilings — quite nice.
2  Thank Jonathan1776
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was traveling on my own (male, mid-30s) for business on August 16, 2013 (one night stay, a Friday evening).

My original plans were to fly from IAH to LGA and back in the same day. Unfortunately, due to a massive wreck on the 59th Street Bridge, traffic from Manhattan to LGA was slammed on Friday and I missed my flight.

My company has many of us stay at The NoMad and our travel coordinator quickly grabbed a room for me as I headed back into the city.

I had no “creature comforts” with me. As I was warmly greeted by two sharply dressed doormen, I felt like I was walking into a place called “home” for the night.

The front desk was well staffed and I had no wait to check in at 7:45pm. The front desk had notes in their system that I was not expecting to stay the evening and they quickly asked me if I needed any toiletries or if I could be guided to a local drug store to grab any necessities. The staff was sympathetic to my situation and went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed.

I asked about restaurants and the staff took pride in mentioning their own restaurant and bar that had many great write-ups recently in local publications. They did tell me that even though I was staying at the hotel, I would probably need to make a reservation on a Friday night. I told the front desk that I wanted to go to my room for a few minutes and take a shower before coming to eat; the staff immediately said they would speak to the restaurant host to ensure that I had a spot to eat in about 30 minutes. That is great service!

Given that my reservation was hastily made at the last minute, I entered my room expecting to have the tiniest room I had ever stayed in; not the case at all.

The room was very large and faced the interior courtyard on the 8th floor. It was “three rooms” having a separate bedroom, a completely separate study/office area with desk, and a large bathroom with separate toilet (with its own closing door) and a walk-in shower. The closet was a “real closet” and not just an armoire; there were plenty of hangers and robes provided. When I checked rates when I got home, I saw that a room of this size runs about $425 per night.

Having lived in NY/NJ area, and visited many times from Houston for both business and pleasure, The NoMad is by far the best situation I have found (combining quality of room, size of room, service of staff, and location).

Here is what you need to know about them in a nutshell: I left in such a hurry on Saturday morning, I forgot my iPhone charger plugged into the wall. I know this is just a $20 piece of plastic, but I hate losing things. A month later, I was in NYC again (staying at another hotel … See my review of The Ace Hotel). As I walked past The NoMad one day, I thought I would stop by and just see if by chance the Lost & Found had my charger. I told the front desk my name and my room number from the previous month. The staff immediately said, “Yes Derek, we found it during our cleaning and it is in our locked area. Would you like to have a drink in the bar while we locate it for you?” That is exceptional service!

If my wife and I travel to NYC for pleasure, I will definitely be staying there again. If I travel for business, I will always hint to my company that they should make sure any of our team members have the chance to experience The NoMad.

When I arrived back in Houston, many of my coworkers had the same high praises of their stays at The NoMad.

NOTE: On my ratings, I left blank "Value" because my company covered the cost and I had no idea the fee when I checked in. However, I would gladly pay the rate in the future knowing how great my experience was.

Room Tip: When visiting NYC, I always try to get a courtyard or "inner room" due to normal street no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DerekAmanda
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the NoMad for a week and we celebrated the New Years Eve '13 there as well.
We loved everything about the hotel - location, very professional staff, room- lovely design, always clean, adjustable lighting, cosy, comfy bed and lovely bathroom/shower. The room wasn't too big but we reserved a standard double so no complaints. The best part was the food at the hotel. We had NYE dinner at the famous restaurant and it was one of the best experiences ever. The breakfast was also delicious (very important for us).
If you are a picky and a demanding client this hotel is great choice for you. We travel a lot and normally stay at 5 star hotels and this hotel had a great value. Better than many other 5 star hotels we stayed at around the world. Will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alina D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel probably 5-6 times now and its been exception every time. Beautiful clean rooms, amazing staff, great food. I highly recommend this place to all my friends. The only problem with this hotel is that it makes other hotels seem horrible by comparison. I wish there was a Nomad in every city I travel to.

2  Thank Rob B