“Perfect stay”
Review of The NoMad Hotel

The NoMad Hotel
Ranked #57 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had an excellent experience at The NoMad for my honeymoon. The front desk provided impeccable service. I really enjoyed using the hot tub and I thought the water closet was beautiful. The view wasn't great, but I did enjoy staying in the Flatiron District.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Excellent service, beautiful food, creative drink menu. Loved everything about the Nomad. The bathroom and shower is amazing, the bed I never wanted to leave. They even offered late check at no charge, as we were flying back to Australia well after check out. Perfect

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Just when I thought travelling for work all by my lonesome had lost its lustre, I met the NoMad and had a one night stand like the good ol days. I love this hotel and didn't want to leave. Everyone here reviewing speaks the truth; all the staff were super friendly, casual but totally on the ball. There is clearly a prerequisite for a hipster beard or thick rimmed glasses to be employed there so if that gets your goat, stay away. My Atelier King room was beauteous. I was told to request a bathtub ahead of time as not all rooms have them. I was on the 2nd floor close to the utility room (#213) which I noted may be low on the totem pole but it was really quiet (from the street and the staff) and I had no trouble. If you're a light sleeper or usually sleep with nature sounds, no problem! The clock radio is iPod compatible but also has a few white noise presets to take us back to the land.

I made a reservation for dinner when I checked in. Apparently it's tough to get a reso if you're not a guest. Bar none, the best meal of my life. Started with the brussel sprout salad followed by the butternut squash...I was too sated for dessert but they all looked great. Breakfast of oatmeal w/apples and brown sugar in the library with a free NY Times...life doesn't really get much better.

Alright, so there you have it. A kickin' hotel and super value for all the goodies.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I should preface this by saying that I am middle aged. I think this is really a hotel for a younger audience, so my comments may not be entirely fair to what it is trying to achieve. The decor is sub fusc art deco. It looks gorgeous but can create difficulties if you want to read. The bar - known as the library, and it has shelves of books - is so dark in the evening that to read a menu, I had to use the atmospheric candle on our table. It was the same in our room. We had a sitting room with such low lighting that to sit and read would have been impossible. The staff were very pleasant and the concierges were all really helpful. I'm surprised, however, at the reports of good service. We were a group of 5 and all commented on how long it took to get a drink or even to attract a "librarian". The same went for the restaurant, where many waiters did not equal attentive service. For us, it was too expensive to be such a mixed bag.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room. You play off the charm of circular windows against the fact that they over...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I met my sister in NYC just after Thanksgiving and made sure that I booked the NoMad so that I could show-off my favorite hotel. She absolutely loved it and wants to go back next year! Our room was one of the quiet rooms on an upper floor. I've stayed in a few different types of rooms and liked this one the best because it had a small room off the bedroom. Loved the huge window that opened up for ventilation. The bed was immensely comfortable from the perfect pillows to the downy duvet to the mattress. We ate dinner one night in the Library which was like a calm oasis in midtown NYC with perfect lighting, comfortable velvet seating and a festive Christmas tree. The staff at the front desk never fail to be the friendliest of any hotel I have stayed at, and you can tell they like where they work and the people they work with. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank burplehippo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very trendy hotel in NYC, still fancy, very tastefully decorated, excellent cuisine at the restaurant. A bit expensive for a breakfast. Difficult to book a table if you don't it days in advance, unless you are a resident (use this privilege to invite your NYC friends, they will be grateful!!!).
Service is little nose-up, but behave the same way and you'll feel home!!!!
Quiet if you don't stay in a room on the street.
I am not used to stay in this area of Manhattan, but it is quite close to the Chelsea galleries etc. Defintely a place to stay at, at least once in your lifetime!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room overlooking the backyard -i t's not glamorous, but it i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A friend and I ate in the restaurant on a Wednesday night and it was pretty crowded (I made reservations about four weeks in advance, so plan ahead if you want to dine here).

The service was excellent from the very beginning. The staff was attentive without being pushy and we never felt rushed at any point.

We each ordered a drink and had the Egg appetizer to start. The drinks were strong, while still being drinkable and the Egg was fantastic. For the main course, I had the White Truffles with Tagliatelle. The truffles were amazing...they melted in your mouth and the aroma was wonderful...they even brought the truffle in a jar out to the table before hand so you could smell it. For dessert we went for the Milk + Honey after reading a few reviews and this was by far the highlight of the meal.

Overall, this place is expensive, but the food and service allow for it. Definitely a place to come for a special occasion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends