“Truly A Sexy Hotel!”

Ranked #56 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Truly A Sexy Hotel!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husbands company put us up at The NoMad for 3 nights and it was amazing. I had read reviews online and knew I had to have a bathtub!! And boy am I glad we sprung for th upgrade!! Huge clawfoot bathtub that we both fit in! AND a really nice large shower. At first I thought it odd that the WC (toilet) was in its own little room. But I quickly got used to it and found I actually prefer it! The decor is just well .. sexy! No better way to put it. Deep burgundy and black and brown. All lights on dimmer controls. I felt more like we were in an old European Hotel rather than NYC. High ceilings & huge windows!! We were on the 5th floor and faced Broadway. The street noise was minimal. The shades and curtains kept noise at bay. From the moment we entered the lobby I knew we were in for a treat!! Everyone was very very nice. I had Sunday breakfast in The Library! It was a treat .. and I took it as a good sign that most people in there were not staying at the hotel. But, rather were locals who chose to stop in. We dined at the Hotels Resturant .. which was impossible to get into on a Friday or Saturday. However, we dined wonderfully on Sunday evening. Amazing food. The whole experience lived up to it's reputation of first class and chic! I cannot wait to go back!!! The location in The Flatiron District is great! I was easy walking distance to one of my fav places in NYC - Eataly!!

Room Tip: Spring for the upgrade and get a tub!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gracie17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Old world charm, extensive wine list, amazing food and impeccable service!!!! What a pleasure to have stayed here, Rachael the sommelier was a pleasure and could not have went any further to make our dining experience excellent!!!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Traveler260
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After an already very pleasant stay in January 2013 we returned to the NoMad again. We love the beautiful interior design and the comfortable size and furnishing of the Atelier rooms as well as the rest of the hotel facilities like the bar and restaurants. All the staff are always very helpful, professional and charming. After a busy day in the city it's such a joy to come back to such a cosy and relaxing place like the NoMad. For us it's definitely home away from home!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RROesch
Lucerne
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The rooms are so fabulous, you want to not leave them! I loved the interior design: wooden floors, comfy beds, cool pics on walls, trendy armchairs... The bathroom is nicely redone, keeping an old feeling while making everything brandnew and super convenient. Also loved the beauty products offered! Rooms are very well sized especially considering this is New York!

Gym is also kept in the modern retro look, has running machines/bikes/crosstrainers as well as free weights and a one-in-all weight machine. And: you can choose between hotel music and an ipod selection with the greatest workout music I have heard in a long time!

The restaurant/fire place/library gets very busy after lunch time. Which is great as it gives the hotel a lively buzz but the downside is that there isn't really a quite space to sit down and read a book and chill (and the library would be the perfect place for a good read)

I travelled solo and didn't feel to comfortable in the area at night alone... The hotel is located on broadway and while it is a short walk and even shorter subway trip to more lively areas the hotel is surrounded by wholesale asian stores...

All in all: great hotel (hotel photos really live up to it!), a true treasury in New York (cozy, modern, well-sized rooms) - i can really recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed in the Nomad in September of 2013 when we came to NYC to get married. I had booked two hotels, unsure which I wanted to stay in but the scales were tipped in the Nomads favor. I made a request for a quite and nice suite as we would be getting married during our stay and the Nomads concierge immediately contacted me and personally assured me they would honor this request. The other hotel just sent out an auto confirmation so I knew the Nomads service was going to be just a little bit better and more personal. The suite was lovely. They sent up champagne and set up gifts that friends had sent over and made the whole stay really lovely. They have a great little brand the location is really central. We had a really nice experience here and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hurleygrrl
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed there for a celebration. The room was gorgeous, the Cote Bastide products added quality to the experience. We went to the Library and had amazing cocktails and appetizers there. The presentation of each dish was amazing and every detail was carefully curated in the elegant atmosphere of the space. Unfortunately I live in New York so it doesn't make any sense to go there now, but I'll definitely recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoemiNY
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Writing this review the morning after another fantastic stay at the Nomad, I am decided that this is my favourite hotel in the world so far. There are some close seconds, but what makes this one stand out is the service - which is friendly, proactively helpful, and not pretentious in any way. The rooms are also very unique, with amazing showers and wood doors . Great location, particular for the downtown shopping areas. I recommend this hotel all the time to friends, and now to strangers!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo