“Loved this hotel!”
Review of The NoMad Hotel

The NoMad Hotel
Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The door and reception staff here were amazing. Charming, helpful and really friendly. This makes for a great first impression.
Our room was really large with an awesome shower room and separate free standing bath.
The hotel has a laid back luxury feel to it and I would def return.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Terrior123
There are newer reviews for The NoMad Hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Can't begin to explain how the small details and attention the staff gives made my stay so wonderful.

From check - in , to the housekeeping staff, I just loved the service so much. I never got a handwritten thank you note from housekeeping for tips, until I stayed here. I was so touched !

The rooms are quite big for NY standard , I love the claw foot tub in the middle of the room.

The restaurant is excellent !!

Probably the only downside is the street around the hotel ... Not so nice, but the location is great.

Will stay here regularly from now on .

Room Tip: The '04 rooms are great, for the tub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My usual conundrum is that I have 5 star tastes and more like a 4 star budget. I splurged on a stay at the NoMad for a bit of a staycation before a long trip. In fact, I was booked into another purported "luxury" hotel that had just opened, but it didn't meet my expectations for a luxury experience. I checked out early and booked myself into the NoMad and let me tell you, it was an incredible stay.

Check in was smooth, but also friendly and upbeat. The front desk staff had real personalities, were warm, and offered great service. I was offered my choice of newspaper for the morning and off I went to my room. Having paid for an Atelier suite, I was disappointed when we arrived at a room with no tub. We called down to the front desk and they got me into the ideal room next, although it was on a lower floor. The entire staff were lovely and spent time to know each guest's name and story. I am most certainly NOT any kind of VIP, but they treated me like one and greeted me by name even though I was a 1-night only guest. This level of service is definitely 5-star and compares favorably to other luxury hotel experiences, but offered a bit more warmth rather than formality. A great, modern style if you ask me.

The room is extraordinary and unique. Lots of space. Gorgeous hardwood floors. Styled like your French aunt's historic apartment with rugs, artwork, french industrial-type lighting, even vintage style light switches with dimmers. I loved the sconces by the sink mirror with the art-deco style. High ceilings and high windows that open for fresh air. The bed was fantastic -- great linens, good mattress. Loved the separate WC with sink. The shower, oh, the shower. Amazing water pressure, rain shower head plus a hand-held, fantastic bath products, and a tiled shelf to keep everything handy. And of course the tub. It was so great to dock my iphone and put on some music, open the windows, put up the shades, draw the curtains and then soak in the tub with the Sunday New York Times. This was the last thing I did before leaving for the airport to embark on a new adventure, and it was the most perfect experience.

The one con? I was disappointed with the restaurant. Dinner was expensive and didn't really wow me, I wanted the dishes to really pop and I just didn't get that (ordered the salmon rillette, strawberry salad and the lobster entree, but the components just didn't really sing at all, the salad was the most interesting of the bunch). The drinks also took forever-- someone brings your glass but then you are waiting a bit for runner with the wine to show up. For breakfast I ordered a croissant that was cold and tasted a bit old. The cappuccino was great, as was an iced coffee that I took to my room later (but at 6-bucks and change? OUCH!) I might go somewhere nearby for meals next time, as there is a ton within a 5-10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Try to get a high-floor room. Some late night drunks were quite noisy around 3am, and the front desk...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MelissaBinNYC
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Even though we live in the city we wanted to do something special for Valentines Day so we booked a night at the NoMad. This also gave us priority for restaurant reservations which are near impossible to get unless you are a hotel guest. The room was fantastic and cosy, especially in the February snow. Everything surpassed our expectations

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Though I had a confirmed reservation with late arrival, when I got to the hotel after a horrendous car ride from JFK I was warmly greeted and then told I needed to get back in a cab and head to the Marlton as there was no room for me at the inn. Needless to say, I was quite annoyed, and really hungry. See Marlton review for a great option.
The next day I was moved back to the NoMad and I must say that while I wanted to be annoyed with them, the hotel is quite lovely. They upgraded me to a suite and comped one night. The suite was a corner unit with a wonderful layout. This hotel doesn't feel like a hotel, but instead more like home. The sitting room was comfortable, and quite useful for several meetings. The staff are attentive and kind. The doormen are actually incredible, remembering my name and actually treating me like a human being. The suite was well appointed and the bathroom was beautiful with a claw foot tub and spacious shower. I would have given excellent had I not had the snafu at the start, but I imagine when I return I will end up upgrading my rating.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the suite!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We carefully picked the Nomad for our first year wedding anniversary trip to NYC and had very high expectations based on all that we had read. It surpassed all our expectations and is a truly unique hotel in Manhattan. It oozes effortless elegance, yet from the moment you walk through the front door into the lobby you feel at home. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully decorated (the bathroom alone is enough to give it a 5 star review) and the service was impeccable. Our every request was dealt with professionally and promptly, just as you would hope for from a luxury hotel. Even though we had last minute requests for a drinks reservation in the hotel's Library cocktail lounge, the hotel accommodated us on both occasions and provided us with a complimentary bottle of bubbly on the first night for our anniversary. The only problem with this hotel is that once inside, you don't want to leave to explore the rest of the city. Thank you, Nomad, for an incredible experience. This will now be our home away from home in New York.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AFlanagans
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the NoMad on business and most recently with my sisters on holiday. I love this hotel! The high degree of personalized service provided by the staff is unparalleled!
Gorgeously appointed, the level of room comfort is heaven after a day in the city. Many believe that if you are rarely in the room due to museums, shopping, theatre you should choose an economy hotel for "crashing", I disagree. The great sleep afforded by their heavenly beds and linens, the crazy wonderful showers, the claw foot tubs all rejuvenate! As a guest you can easily reserve a table in the library bar or restaurant.
I will continue to return, the location is perfect, the subway mere steps from the hotel and again the service...they make everyone feel special and that is a rare and unique quality!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family